Domi for Anderson

Helmethead

3 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

II am aware that Anderson brings elements outside of points, but it doesn’t change the fact that we downgraded on talent. The early concensus is that it could potentially be a win-win for both teams. In the end, just because we will like what Anderson brings, it doesn’t mean that we will also be winners. 

We also have to keep in mind that the rest of the league saw what happened with Domi this year. The production fell of a bit and then he was demoted to the 4th line, killing any chance of him getting his production back up. They made it obvious that he didn't have a future in Montreal. Julien killed much of his trade value. While I would have no problem with replacing Julien, that's what it was going to take for Domi to ever return to being a 70 point player. I don't know what happened, but Julien clearly no longer believed in him.

1 minute ago, Fanpuck33 said:

We also have to keep in mind that the rest of the league saw what happened with Domi this year. The production fell of a bit and then he was demoted to the 4th line, killing any chance of him getting his production back up. They made it obvious that he didn't have a future in Montreal. Julien killed much of his trade value. While I would have no problem with replacing Julien, that's what it was going to take for Domi to ever return to being a 70 point player. I don't know what happened, but Julien clearly no longer believed in him.

We never know for sure what goes on in the dressing room.  No question that Julien lost faith in Max but you can't replace a coach every time a player doesn't buy in. It is about the team. I guess one of the positives here is that the development of Suzuki and KK (hopefully it continues) has allowed the Habs  the flexibility to trade Max for a piece that hopefully bolsters a position where they need help. As tomh009 says the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Time will tell. 

18 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

...  I don't know what happened, but Julien clearly no longer believed in him.

IMO it was more that Suzuki elbowed him aside and while there was room at centre when the season suspended, come tournament time KK claimed a top 9 spot and there was no room at centre for Domi ... It is easy for us to all to say play him on the wing, but that flopped when they tried it in-season. 

***NOT*** saying Julien loved him, but if Suzuki and KK hadn't claimed title to the two top 9 centre spots not named Danault then IMO Domi is still a Habs centre

1 hour ago, Fanpuck33 said:

While I would have no problem with replacing Julien, that's what it was going to take for Domi to ever return to being a 70 point player. I don't know what happened, but Julien clearly no longer believed in him.

Yesterday I was reading a CBJ fan page and they seemed to suggest that Anderson had a similar issue in Columbus.  Apparently, for some reason Torts didnt like him so CBJ made a similar choice to dump a player vs changing the coach. 

3 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

We never know for sure what goes on in the dressing room.  No question that Julien lost faith in Max but you can't replace a coach every time a player doesn't buy in. It is about the team.

I'm not saying they should have fired Julien because of the Domi situation. I was just pointing out that a coaching change seemed to be the only way Max would be kept. I simply meant that I wouldn't be upset if they moved on from a coach who missed the playoffs three years in a row. (Or would have if not for the expanded playoffs.) Same reason I would have had no issue with moving on from Bergevin. It stuns me how bad this team has been for so long without a shake up at the top.

35 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

I'm not saying they should have fired Julien because of the Domi situation. I was just pointing out that a coaching change seemed to be the only way Max would be kept. I simply meant that I wouldn't be upset if they moved on from a coach who missed the playoffs three years in a row. (Or would have if not for the expanded playoffs.) Same reason I would have had no issue with moving on from Bergevin. It stuns me how bad this team has been for so long without a shake up at the top.

I hear you, I misunderstood that point. 

2 hours ago, Fanpuck33 said:

It wasn’t just being on the 4th line. Either put the guy on the wing, or give give him some wingers that are still legitimate NHLers, rather than a bum like Weise. Great job of driving down the value of a player.

43 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Great job of driving down the value of a player.

Gee, why didnt they think of Domi's trade value during the playoffs, dummies.

4 hours ago, DON said:

Gee, why didnt they think of Domi's trade value during the playoffs, dummies.

It actually started before that. And as far as the playoffs go,  I’ll ask the question again, what exactly did a guy like Weise add to the team, other than being a Linus security blanket - not for the team - but Kulien.  

9 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

It wasn’t just being on the 4th line. Either put the guy on the wing, or give give him some wingers that are still legitimate NHLers, rather than a bum like Weise. Great job of driving down the value of a player.

I supported putting him on the wing but I don't think from what we saw earlier in the season it would have worked ... Max seemed unhappy and less engaged when it happened ... as for better wingers ... who should they have taken them away from ... None of the choices available for the 4th line were gifted offensively

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

thanks for sharing. That is a good analysis