Bergevin 2020 is he on the right path?

Are you happy with the moves so far?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the moves?

• Yes - these moves make us a playoff team
    • No - fire MB already
    • Maybe - If MB adds another top 6 forward

15 hours ago, Chris said:

MB has hitched his wagon to a team that's basically a 500 club under his 8 year reign of terror. 

When the season shut down he was in full rebuild mode, then a pandemic and a 500 playoff run has turned into a contender? I'll believe it when i see it. 

He has also signed some pretty lengthy contracts with several NMC in them. 

We will see what the results are. 

I will give him credit for this years off season though, probably 2nd best IMO. 

I don’t see this team as a contender.  We’re not Tampa.  What we SHOULD now be is a playoff team.  Which is not the same as being a contender.

58 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I don’t see this team as a contender.  We’re not Tampa.  What we SHOULD now be is a playoff team.  Which is not the same as being a contender.

Yes. And if we are a solid playoff team, hard to play against, we may have a chance to get to conference finals or beyond -- "anything can happen", as Bergevin says. Doesn't make us a favourite, but at least gives us a chance, similar to what Dallas had this year.

28 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Yes. And if we are a solid playoff team, hard to play against, we may have a chance to get to conference finals or beyond -- "anything can happen", as Bergevin says. Doesn't make us a favourite, but at least gives us a chance, similar to what Dallas had this year.

Agreed.