109 Blake Biondi

Commandant

Another Pick I like

Winner of the 2020 Minnesota Mr. Hockey Award, Blake Biondi is set to join the University of Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs next season. The Hermantown High captain put up 37 goals and 39 assists for 76 points in just 25 games. He also added 10 goals and nine assists for 19 points in just six playoff games. Drafted by the Sioux City Musketeers with the eighth pick in the 2018 USHL Draft, Biondi played 10 USHL games. He picked up a goal and two assists for three points. Biondi also played for Team USA at the Hlinka-Gretzky Cup. He scored one goal and one assist in four tournament games.

Last season Biondi scored 28 goals and 27 assists for 55 points in 25 games with Hermantown. He was named a First-Team All-American. He also played seven games for Sioux City with a goal and an assist. Biondi added two goals in two playoff games. In five games at the Under-17 World Hockey Challenge, Biondi scored one goal and three points. In eight games with the US NTDP, he also had one goal and two assists. Biondi played 21 games for Team North in the UMHSEHL, scoring 21 goals and seven assists for 28 points.

https://lastwordonsports.com/hockey/2020/06/06/blake-biondi-scouting-report/

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Any reason why this was a wasted pick? Or somebody just told you that?

Only reference i see to him, was basically what i said.

But at 109 shouldnt expect too much anyways.

1 minute ago, DON said:

Only reference i see to him, was basically what i said.

But at 109 shouldnt expect too much anyways.

Whose reference is that, cause I can find my own and four others that show a guy with NHL potential. 

Of course its a fourth round pick so odds are against him (as they are all 4th rounders) but he was good value at the spot IMO. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Whose reference is that, cause I can find my own and four others that show a guy with NHL potential. 

Of course its a fourth round pick so odds are against him (as they are all 4th rounders) but he was good value at the spot IMO. 

"Though I didn’t love their other picks, that’s not a huge surprise given how late most of them were (Blake Biondi is kind of interesting and ranked firmly in my top 100). The Mysak and Farrell picks were big."

Wheeler the athletic

11 minutes ago, DON said:

"Though I didn’t love their other picks, that’s not a huge surprise given how late most of them were (Blake Biondi is kind of interesting and ranked firmly in my top 100). The Mysak and Farrell picks were big."

Wheeler the athletic

That doesn't translate to a "waste of a pick" to me.

49 minutes ago, DON said:

Wheeler the athletic

37 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Yeah that literally translates to "I liked the Biondi, Mysak, and Farrell picks."

48 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

:tigi: You are correct sir.

37 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Its also Wheeler, notorious for being a leaf fan, and for shit talking anything Montreal does. 

Did you read the quote?

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

I did, 

And it read.... I didn't like their draft, but i liked 4 of their first 5 picks..... so yeah its just Wheeler being Wheeler and finding a reason to shit on the habs. 

RE: thread header, not draft class

I just LOVE the alliteration 

• Like 1