Theo Poll Results

Fanpuck33_

Here are the results from the Theo poll on the front page of HW:

Q: Are you concerned with Theodore's early struggles?

Yes, he doesn't look like himself....................20%

Not yet, but I'm starting to worry..................24%

No, he just needs time to adjust...................23%

He'll be fine, he's just a little rusty.................17%

It's 6 games into the season, why worry?.....16%

[Edited on 10-24-05 by Fanpuck33]

This is the first time that I can remember a HW poll being so close. (talking about the poll on the homepage)

I'm curious to hear what everyone has to say about Theo right now.

I voted that I was worried about Theo.

Jose has made some great saves, no question. He has also let in some horrible goals. I personally do not think this is tied to the new NHL. (maybe in Brodeur's case)

Theo started playing like this in the playoffs. His game was not what it can be or should be. Again, he made some brilliant saves. Saves that many goalies would let in. He also let in too many softies. Goals that most goalies would save.

Is Theo going to recover? I don't know but I sure hope so.

I don't think he needs time to adjust. I think he needs to feel the pressure of being replaced. There is absolutely no way he feels like his job is in jeopardy. He is mighty Theodore!

I think Danis needs more starts. The better Danis plays, the more starts he should get. Give Theo the mind set that there is a somebody that wants his job. Not only wants his job but might be able to take it.

Light a fire under his ass and maybe shrink his giant head a little.

What do you think?

Théo will rebound. He has to adjust. He faces only 24 shots a game, and the quality of these shots is much better because of the numerous PP's. He'll need a couple of strong performances to get going. Once Théo gets on fire this Montréal team will become a scary team to play against. As for Yann Danis, the kid needs ice time. Right now he's no danger for Jose's #1 spot. The best thing for Danis would be playing lots of games in the AHL. Let's hope all goes well with Huets' recovery. We all should be very happy with a GM as Bob Gainey.

Originally posted by mathieug

Théo will rebound. He has to adjust. He faces only 24 shots a game, and the quality of these shots is much better because of the numerous PP's. He'll need a couple of strong performances to get going. Once Théo gets on fire this Montréal team will become a scary team to play against. As for Yann Danis, the kid needs ice time. Right now he's no danger for Jose's #1 spot. The best thing for Danis would be playing lots of games in the AHL. Let's hope all goes well with Huets' recovery. We all should be very happy with a GM as Bob Gainey.

mathieug good post. Cannot disagree with what you have said as Montreal is a scary team offensively. When Jose can back to form (Hopefully very soon) Montreal will be one of the toughest teams to play against. Talent + goaltending.

It is early in the season and Montreal takes way too many stupid penalties. This results in playing short handed too often and Jose facing good shots due to opposition having extra guys.

I think Danis should stay and Montreal should try to trade Huet. By the time he recovers there will be teams needing a goalie due to injury. The only question is will Huet be ready as the injury he is recovering from is taking a long time. Look at what Atlanta is going through with netminders, YIKES! They may still need someone when Huet is ready to go...

:hlogo::hlogo::hlogo:

I think Danis should get one of the next 3 starts, and possible 2 of the next 3 if Theodore doesn't improve his game in his next start. Theodore needs to start stealing games for Montreal, as they can't continue to rely on the offense for late game heroics. Teams like Philly, Ottawa, and Tampa won't allow it.

Danis also needs to be ready for games in the next few months were the Habs play back to back games, three games in four nights and even four games in six nights. Thats extremely tough on a goaltender and will wear Theodore out. Montreal needs to know if Danis is ready to play in these games now.

If and when Huet comes back a decision needs to be made. If Danis had played well and looks like he can play at this level. Then Huet has to go. If Danis doesn't look ready yet, then Danis can be sent back to Hamilton.

theo is going to bounce out -- dunno WHEN but he will for sure ;) --

i mean, for me, brodeur is the best goalie in the NHL and he's not that HOT this season~ but it doesn't mean that he's not good anymore... just need time~ the prob is more likely to be big fat players standing in their face, and the defenmen can't *touch* coz the referees will call up a penalty~ so it's not only a goalie adjustment : it's also a defensemen + goalie adjustment~

as for danis : he will ONLY start a game when we'll have a 2 nites game in a row~ haha~

Thats all nice and fine to say that Theodore will improve his play...eventually. But its been 6 games now for him and he hasn't yet. So its time to give Danis a start and see if the Atlanta games was an abberation or if he's capable of playing at such a high level consistantly. And also light a fire under Theodore.

And yes Brodeur is struggling, but the men infront of the net, and the powerplays, and not being able to play the puck don't seem to be bothering Trevor Miller, Manny Legacy, Thomas Vokun, Roberto Luongo, Mikka Kiprusoff (who struggles early and now has found his form), Cam Ward, Many Fernandez or the number of other goaltenders who GAA is under 3 and save percentage is over .900, neither of which Theodores is.

I'm not saying Theodore isn't the number 1 goalie, I'm just saying he needs to be challenged and Danis needs to be ready.

Obviously there isn't much going on in Leaf land, if he has to spend his time here...Poor dumb bastard. You have to feel sorry for him, he is a leaf fan.

I notice he's not saying too much about the shit game Belfour had against Philly....lol

I'm not Theo basher because I truly believe he is a top 10 goalie in the league but there are a few reasons why I lose patience with him. He is inconsistent at times. He will make great saves and then let in a soft goal that will make you scratch your head. Don't know if this is a lack of concentration or what it is but it is frustrating to watch. Another thing with Theo is that he often looks really bad when he gives up a goal. This comes from his habit of going down way too early. He spends more time on his knees than a Catholic altar boy (bad joke, I know). Why is he down on his knees like that so much??? I get really nervous when there is pressure in the zone and Theo is down on his knees already even before a shot. I'm sure opposing teams are told to shoot high on him because that's where most of his goals are given up. All that being said, there are not many goalies I would trade for Theo. I would have done a Luongo deal but not if we had to give up Ryder in the package, Anyway, I think Theo will start plaing better. Right now it's not hurting the team. When Theo is on his game, he is an amazing goalie. He just needs play like that for longer stretchs.

I'm not Theo basher because I truly believe he is a top 10 goalie in the league .............quote

I believe hes a top 3 goalie in the league....he just needs to find that, and maybe he needs a little motivation.