Free Agent Day

dlbalr

You know the drill by now - discuss the early free agent signings around the league here.  Any Montreal news gets its own thread.

Sounds like Lundqvist to Washington will be announced as soon as the market opens up.  He was free to negotiate upon being bought out so that one isn't much surprise.

There's still some time to enter our UFA pool.  We don't have many entries this year as I haven't been able to keep the ballot on the main page for long stretches with everything being crammed in from the draft to signing news. https://www.habsworld.net/2020/10/2020-habsworld-ufa-pool/

16 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Whew!

13 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Double WHEW!!

Bobby Ryan to Detroit ... 1 yr @ $1 million ... not a bad gamble ... but I expect he would have asked for a No Waivers NMC ... 

Maroon reported as re-signed by TBL ... too bad ... but think signing him was HIGHLY unlikley

A Marc Bergevin special???

27 yrs-old, 6'1", 195 lbs,  62 gms- 6g -15a- 21pts

The players signing now are being smart ... either they had picked where they wanted to go (Simmonds, Lundqvist) or, with the flat cap and more internal budgets than most years, they are grabbing the money before it disappears.

8 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

He's primarily a winger now. 

Holtby to Vancouver.  Markstrom's heading elsewhere.

Huge news in Van, but I actually think going with Demko and a seasoned #1a is a smarter move in terms of cap management.

13 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Huge news in Van, but I actually think going with Demko and a seasoned #1a is a smarter move in terms of cap management.

I like the move for them as well.  Short-term, they can keep Demko from Seattle, and gives Demko some veteran insulation to ease into the starter role.

• dlbalr locked this topic