Free Agent Day

dlbalr

1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

Hmmmm.... done already?

Seems odd but it's a slow-moving market so maybe this is more to talk about Anderson and give his usual there are lots of options statement.

21 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Long live expansion if you're Kinkaid, he gets a two-year deal thanks to Seattle.

Will they actually play him? Or bury him in the minors?

Borowiecki to Nashville, 2 x $2M

Jack Johnson to the Rangers

Derek Grant back to Anaheim

Michael Grabner wants to wait until there's more certainty on when next season starts before committing.

8 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

... Michael Grabner wants to wait until there's more certainty on when next season starts before committing.

Could be a dangerous approach ... not likely to be anything "firmer" than what was said Tuesday (below) ... may not be much money available once a decision is ever made.

"Tonight, following discussions with the NHL Players' Associations and based on what we have learned and what we know and even what we don't know I can now  say we are now focused on a January 1 start for next season," NHL commissioner Gary Bettman said during his opening remarks for the 2020 NHL Draft on Tuesday.

Estimated timing for the start of training camp will be communicated at a later date."

We could get Cousins back, for the fourth line? Would there be any value in that? Presumably he would not be looking for much money. 300 NHL games, can play C or LW.

4 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

We could get Cousins back, for the fourth line? Would there be any value in that? Presumably he would not be looking for much money. 300 NHL games, can play C or LW.

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

Yes, indeed, Bergevin's interest appears to be focused elsewhere. My question was more hypothetical, would he actually strengthen the team?

Depth is depth.  He'd help the fourth line but my concern is that Julien would use him like he did last year, cycling him on the second and third lines as well.

Aside from Hall (who I really doubt signs with the Habs), has anybody heard any other names that the Habs are talking to or showing interest in?  Or are all the eggs in the Hall basket right now?

1 minute ago, John B said:

Aside from Hall (who I really doubt signs with the Habs), has anybody heard any other names that the Habs are talking to or showing interest in?  Or are all the eggs in the Hall basket right now?

If not hall hoping Dadonov 

2 minutes ago, John B said:

I haven't seen much.  It seems like they have interest in a centre and the fact they were in on Simmonds (and are looking at Janmark) suggests a depth winger is an option as well.

Well, that's boring...

They need to sign a bottom-6 FW, but I guess MB feels the overall asking prices are too rich. Certainly, some adjustments to expectations will probably be in order, given the leagues' bizarre financial situation due to Covid.

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Well, that's boring...

They need to sign a bottom-6 FW, but I guess MB feels the overall asking prices are too rich. Certainly, some adjustments to expectations will probably be in order, given the leagues' bizarre financial situation due to Covid.

I don't mind a slow-playing market.  There is still a lot of trade activity that has to happen as well.  It can be exciting to see the big frenzy but having it last more than a day isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Justin Schultz gets 2 years and $8M from Washington proving that there are still dumb contracts that can be signed in this marketplace.

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Per Frank Seravalli on TSN's coverage, the Habs are among the teams with interest in Corey Perry.

ON the 4th line, that could be interesting. Even though Perry is slow as a turtle, he does go to the net and has a nasty side to him!

1 hour ago, Habsfan said:

ON the 4th line, that could be interesting. Even though Perry is slow as a turtle, he does go to the net and has a nasty side to him!

He was a regular on Dallas' power-play in the playoffs ... 5th TOI amongst their forwards (they use a 4 forward system) ... tied for 4th in PP goals with Miro Heiskanen, Alexander Radulov and Denis Gurianov 4th line ... he played 4th line with Stars ... same role on Habs could be a good investment ... 

• dlbalr locked this topic