Game Thread| Philadelphia vs. Canadiens | 10/25/05

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't want to dwell on it but man Komi's awesome! He neutralized Brashear which someone was going to have to do. Philly doesn't dress him to be a gentleman. Prior to this I was worrying about who would do it and if that player lost badly how much it would screw up our momentum.

Komi is becoming Quintal maybe better

[Edited on 2005/10/25 by Lister110]

No the officiating is just great tonight. Anyone here that said the officiating is good in the NHL like to back up their statements after that pathetic display by the pinstripes in the 1st period????

Montreal is going to have to be careful to tippytoe around all the precious soft little Flyers tonight so they dont take penalties. What a crock of $&%^%^#$*^%^^$$^$^^$^$^$^$^#*#*(#*#$*#*(@#(@*(@$*@*%@*$@*%&%&^%&@%*@%* !

On the optimistic side, what a great period for the HABS. Down by a player for the majority of the period yet Dags scores..... Bulis SCORE will you, man you are so great at getting chances.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Peter Puck

Komisarek got a 10 min misconduct. All together that makes 17 minutes. He'll be back with 7 minutes left in the 2nd period.

Good to have the extra defenseman.

if komi had a better lawyer he could have got those penalties to run concurrently :lol:

Problem now is that brashear is out to neutralize yet another player he's gonna go after another rookie meaning someone like Sourray will have to step in and VOILA 2 DMan out

the announcers are saying that many people are outspoken against the present officiating practices... bobby clarke wants the refereeing go back to the what it was because this system helps the small players to the detriment of the bigger players

jacques demers is screaming that this is the best hockey played in years. he didn't even mention montreal players who are benefitting with this system. he mentionned a guy called simon gamache(?) and steve sullivan and others

gotta say I agree with demers and wholeheartedly

Originally posted by shortcat1

the announcers are saying that many people are outspoken against the present officiating practices... bobby clarke wants the refereeing go back to the what it was because this system helps the small players to the detriment of the bigger players

Yeah so what. Is it written somewhere that bigger players are entitled to a system that rewards them for their size. It seems Bobby may be rethinking his off season strategy. :lol:

why should we expect Bobby to care for the game - he only cares about his team. i just hope Bettman and Campbell and anyone else with any influence keep holding the line on the enforcement of the current rules. it is a much better game and they need to think about the league not Bobby and the Pillars.

What Bobby Clark fails to mention is that the rule changes are not favouring smaller players, it favours faster players. But I can see where he is coming from. You spend so much time making a team that will thrive in traditional rules, then all of a sudden they go and change the rules and everything you built doesn't have the same value.

Originally posted by PurpleHills

What Bobby Clark fails to mention is that the rule changes are not favouring smaller players, it favours faster players. But I can see where he is coming from. You spend so much time making a team that will thrive in traditional rules, then all of a sudden they go and change the rules and everything you built doesn't have the same value.

But Clarke built his team over the summer after the new rules were installed.

PK

[Edited on 2005/10/26 by Peter Puck]