Sign in to follow this  
Spider-Man NL

Game Thread| Philadelphia vs. Canadiens | 10/25/05

You get dogged down with BS penalties you're going to get tired and start taking real ones

[Edited on 2005/10/26 by Lister110]

Originally posted by dark_faerie87

Oh don't worry, we'll win this one. So far every time I've watched at least 20 minutes of the game on TV, we win. I watched the entire first period, so we're good to go.

I hope you know we are holding you to this :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Funny we seem to be getting better chances with 5 on 5 play than during our power plays.

Originally posted by Peter Puck

Funny we seem to be getting better chances with 5 on 5 play than during our power plays.

this is because we tend to score on the transition. We like those breakaway goals which dont happen on the PP

ok, you are Julien - what do you say to the team right now? Do you say anything?

Originally posted by simonus

this is because we tend to score on the transition. We like those breakaway goals which dont happen on the PP

It is strange how many opportunities Montreal gets every night when they are short a guy. I could tell late in teh period they were not getting the chances as they are probably tire.

ok, you are Julien - what do you say to the team right now? Do you say anything?

I would tell the players to tred carefully with the stick near a Philly player. And if you get a chance to score... Put the puck in the net already!!!!!

Keep it simple. We're only down 1 goal. No problem. Work hard and stay out of the penalty box.

WoW Nashville is 7-0 on the season and beating Chicago 2 to nothing tonight! Now that is impressive so far. I hope the Habs go 7 - 2 after this game to keep up the pace with the big teams.

well... mr october is back in town... and it is october now so what other would happen?

DAMN we take alot of penalties. Esche is good in their net.

Lets turn this around in the 3rd.

(btw. I see the game 30 minutes delayed)

When did they score?

During the double minor to Ribeiro. With 2 minutes to go in the double minor, Kovalev got 2 minutes for shooting the puck pver the glass giving Philly a man advantage for 2 minutes. 1 minute into the 2 man advantage Brian Savage scored.

:wall:

Not another ex-habs giving us trouble!:wall::wall::wall:

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

WoW Nashville is 7-0 on the season and beating Chicago 2 to nothing tonight! Now that is impressive so far. I hope the Habs go 7 - 2 after this game to keep up the pace with the big teams.

It's 3-0 now, Kayria popped one in.

When did they score?

During the double minor to Ribeiro. With 2 minutes to go in the double minor, Kovalev got 2 minutes for shooting the puck pver the glass giving Philly a man advantage for 2 minutes. 1 minute into the 2 man advantage Brian Savage scored.

no kidding. he'd be better off in baseball though.

Originally posted by les_glorieux

When did they score?

no kidding. he'd be better off in baseball though.

Haha, true enough. Speaking of baseball, anyone watching the game?

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

... a good news for our Olympic squad ;). "Voki" will be your (Can,US,SWE,Fiji) nigthmare in Torino! :D

... 3-0 Preds after 1st., BTW.

The Preds are right now the best team in the NHL and a certain Yannic Perreault are centering their second line...

So Perreault isn't good enough for the Habs but good enough for the best team. Does that mean that the Habs will win the cup?

Interesting when goalies get clobbered in the crease no penalty, get hit outside, penalty. Saw this in so many different games this year.

we seem to be running into another hot goaltender

théodore is doing ok but esche is playing 'beyond' himself

handzus hurt himself..... better give the canadiens a penalty

Looked like a late hit on Primeau by Perezhogin. I think we got lucky there.