6.5mil over 6 years for Gallagher

Habsfan89

I think it's a pretty good deal, no question he is worth 6.5 million a year, it was a question of length of contract. I would have been happier with 5 but 8 years would have been way too much. A pretty fair deal I think. He will be 35 when it is done, way better than 37.

1 minute ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I think it's a pretty good deal, no question he is worth 6.5 million a year, it was a question of length of contract. I would have been happier with 5 but 8 years would have been way too much. A pretty fair deal I think. He will be 35 when it is done, way better than 37.

Agree ... I don't expect Danault to extend before the end of the 20/21 season unless it is on a very team friendly contract ... MB needs to see how KK and NS progress ... tif they lay claim to the 5-on-5 1C/2C spots for the Habs that impacts Danault's value

Not terrible, but .5M - .75M per year too high and a year too long from being a 'good' contract IMO.  That could change if life gets back to post-covid sooner than later and the cap rises of course.

Leaves $16.302M to sign/replace Tartar, Danault, Armia, Lehkonen, Weal, Kotkaniemi and Mete ... plus a 13th forward ... good news cap-wise is may be that Caufield and Norlinder could be ready to jump to the NHL on ELCs.

5 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I think his salary is arguably fair considering his peers but I would of pushed for 4 years

I'm pretty sure the contract length was the #1 discussion point. Six years is the compromise between four and eight.

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

6-team NTC, full NMC.

Excellent ... thought he might have pushed for more exclusions.

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

6-team NTC, full NMC.

Like the $ (surprised it wasn’t higher), would have preferred 1 yr less on term.  I think we now have 3 or 4 players where the last ur or two may hurt. 
Does the 6 team NTC mean 6 teams he can be traded to, or can’t be trades to?

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

Tatar Weal and Mete i think are gone for sure probably 1 of Lekonen or Armia as well,

IF Evans and Poehling keep improving they are fine on the 4th line and can take PK minutes 

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

Byron as well

I agree that MB has some serious decisions to make with next years contracts and not much $ to do it with

35 minutes ago, huzer said:

I guess when the agent said talks had broke off, he just meant for the evening last night. Ha.

I think they ended up meeting in the middle. Maybe Gallagher was asking for 7 over 8 and Bergevin was offering 6. Talks broke off then they came  back with 6.5mil over 6. Both sides agree to it. 

8 minutes ago, Chris said:

Tatar Weal and Mete i think are gone for sure probably 1 of Lekonen or Armia as well,

IF Evans and Poehling keep improving they are fine on the 4th line and can take PK minutes 

I agree with Tatar and weal and also one if not both of lehkonen and Armia. But I think they keep Mete and trade Kulak. It would be cheaper for them to keep Mete over Kulak.

I agree that Tatar and Weal are likely the odd men out but it seems they are going to have too many right wingers especially if Caulfield turns out, Toffoli likely to end up on the left side.  . You really need those guys on ELC's to help with the cap situation, shouldn't have kept KK here that first year, another year on an ELC would have helped. Glad they are bringing Caulfield along slowly.