Game Thread | Montreal vs. Senators | 10/27/05

Spider-Man NL

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

Vermettes goal was a beautiful pass from Mr. Detroit redwing the DANDY Man.

that's what i was saying earlier... it took errors and penalties on our part for the senators to score.

for me, that means that the canadiens are just some technique and discipline improvement and they'll be giving anybody a really good run for their money or run them right out of the building.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm guessing that the senators are likely in their dressing room thinking "wow, these guys are getting harder and harder to beat" or "something like 'what the hell do we have to do to dominate these guys?"

Originally posted by shortcat1

that's what i was saying earlier... it took errors and penalties on our part for the senators to score.

for me, that means that the canadiens are just some technique and discipline improvement and they'll be giving anybody a really good run for their money or run them right out of the building.

I'm starting to wonder. 10 games into the season and there is a constant conga line to get to the penalty box. Montreal CANNOT win spending 20-30 minutes killing penalties. Also, the giveaways have to be reduced. The last two goals were STUPID giveaways and Souray instead of taking Spezza out of the play he goes for big time body check and completely misses. Man our defense needs some coaching help. I think Streit was benched or injured in the second and Dandenault keeps giving the puck away. All out offense will catch up with you once in a while...

gonna go back to check some posts...

Originally posted by johnnyhasbeen
Originally posted by shortcat1

I'm sad :puke::puke::puke::puke: to say that I won't be seeing tonight's game. At best, I may catch the last half of the 3rd period.

My music group is scheduled to play at a supper tonight. We play at the end of the meal. I imagine there'll be speeches before we play or, if after, we still won't be able to leave anyway (got to sit & listen to the speakers and not take down our equipment while they're speaking.

Anyways, yack her up for me. I'll peruse your posts to get a feel for how the game went along.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

What do you play? I am a sound tech with April WIne. Just wondering/

Guitar... more a rhythm player but with some nominal lead stuff (and I mean NOMINAL)...:guru:

Originally posted by redondo

Hey everyone, let's kick some Senators ass. My prediction: 4:1 habs, our biggest margin of victory this year trumps conventional wisdom and confirms we're a top team.

Goals for Habs: Ryder, Kovalev, Zednik and Rivet, Chara with the Senators goal.

Payback time. GO HABS GO!

it's good to see the enthusiam and confidence.... :D:D:D:D:D

Originally posted by goHabs2005

It was a turnover by Zednik, not Dandenault.

First clearing attempt, second one I saw #25 on the uniform... Maybe my peepers are failing me too.

RIS just showed the Dandy Man give the puck to Vermette. I dont have to fix my peepers just my hearing... HOORay!!!

Got to go guys it was a blast....

[Edited on 2005/10/28 by Howie_Morenz]

Originally posted by zumpano21

Phew.... close call at the buzzer. Hate to give those away. They usually come with a huge shift in momentum.

Thank god Dags isn't playing. He'd look like a glacier out there.

he's being panned by the press too. they're saying the same thing... poor guy can't keep up with the speed of the game. :(

Originally posted by goHabs2005

It was a turnover by Zednik, not Dandenault.

First clearing attempt, second one I saw #25 on the uniform... Maybe my peepers are failing me too.

RIS just showed the Dandy Man give the puck to Vermette. I dont have to fix my peepers just my hearing... HOORay!!!

Got to go guys it was a blast....

[Edited on 2005/10/28 by Howie_Morenz]

No chance. Dandenault made a no look pass right to Zednik's stick and he lost control and tried to kick it away... but the puck went right to the goal-mouth where Vermette put it in.

well thanks for the posts and the updates guys......take care

go habs go

1st in East still!!!!!

Originally posted by MexicanChannel

Emery sounds like he's quick to cover up the rebound.

he's in there because he plays well against the canadiens

Originally posted by Trizzak

I think Montreal is due for a blow out win. I wanna see a 7 - 2 win with multiple points from the top line, no more of these 1 goal games.

no kiddng... they've only had two more than one goal difference games and, since I don't really count the atlanta game (or whoever they beat 2 - 0) so, really, for me... EVERY GAME (but one) has been a one-goal game for our guys. :o:o:o:o:o

For those who lay the blame on Zeddy, yes he did give the puck away BUT Souray! Souray! That's inexcusable for a defenceman.

I think he had to pick up his dignity off the ice after that play.

I'm not saying that he had to clean Spezza's clock but all he had to do was get in his way and he went for the puck instead. GAME OVER!

You have to give credit where credit is due and Spezza deserved that goal. You cannot blame Souray for that. 97.8% of people would not have been able to pull off that move on Souray and then roof it on Theo. Unfortunately he made a nice move and got the win for them.

As for Zednik, I felt he was having a pretty bad game even by the end of the first period. I love Zeddy and I KNOW he'll get back to his A game and be one of the leaders in scoring for the canadiens by the end of the season. But even without his two giveaways which in turn led to two crucial goals, he was NOT confident at all around the puck. I saw maybe two shifts in the game where he looked pretty good, other than that he was mediocre at best. As for the Vermette goal, it was 100% Zednik who brought the puck back towards the Montreal goal and then missed his check on Vermette.

No worries though. It was a good game and the canadiens got a point out of it all. Let's move on!!

[Edited on 2005/10/28 by xXx..CK..xXx]

Originally posted by xXx..CK..xXx

You have to give credit where credit is due and Spezza deserved that goal. You cannot blame Souray for that. 97.8% of people would not have been able to pull off that move on Souray and then roof it on Theo. Unfortunately he made a nice move and got the win for them.

[Edited on 2005/10/28 by xXx..CK..xXx]

I have to disagree. By the time Spezza was on track to the net, Souray was completely stopped, not skating, and had his back to Spezza. In my opinion, Souray let Spezza pull that move on him.

All defencemen are taught to stare down the crest on the front of the jersey of the forward skating down on them since peewee. That way no one should be able to get by you without at least being slowed down or forced to the outside. Souray just plain forgot and left Theo out in the cold for what I would argue to be one of the prettiest goals of the year.

As soon as I saw Zednik mess with the puck in the Ottawa zone and lose it to Spezza, I knew it was over. Really shaky 1st game for Zednik, and each time he was there, something bad seemed to happen.

I won't blame Souray on that goal. Spezza is an hell of a good player and you gotta give him credit for his goal.

Originally posted by xXx..CK..xXx

As for Zednik, I felt he was having a pretty bad game even by the end of the first period. I love Zeddy and I KNOW he'll get back to his A game and be one of the leaders in scoring for the canadiens by the end of the season. But even without his two giveaways which in turn led to two crucial goals, he was NOT confident at all around the puck. I saw maybe two shifts in the game where he looked pretty good, other than that he was mediocre at best. As for the Vermette goal, it was 100% Zednik who brought the puck back towards the Montreal goal and then missed his check on Vermette.

No worries though. It was a good game and the canadiens got a point out of it all. Let's move on!!

This post sums up exactly how I feel about tonight's game.

I want to add that it's fun to get a point, but we gave an extra 1 to Ottawa..

We played really well but couldn't win. What will it take to stop them? Havlat and Hasek weren't even playing. Anyways, let's focus on making the playoffs. I feel everything can happen with a team like the Habs.