Zednik's BAck

CoRvInA

Originally posted by CoRvInA

and he'll play on the second line with Rib and Ryder:/):/)

I hope that this is the best way because Perezhogin, with Kovalev & Koivu are really flying.

Maybe with Ribeiro, Zednik & Ryder will give him a variety of valid options for his playmaking. Also, with Ryder getting better and feistier and Zednik being feisty as it is, it bodes well.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

I was hoping that would be the lineup. I agree with Shortcat, I think Zednik brings a missing dynamic to this 2nd line. Ribeiro and Ryder are young, the didn't need more youth they needed scoring experience and speed and they'll definitely get it! I think Zednik will come back fiesty and really feel like he's got something to prove with the emergence of our young stars.

Things are looking up!

Go Habs Go...

Mind you i dont know how severe his injury is, is starting him on the second line the greatest idea, remember, this guys hasnt played a meaningful game this yr(5 min does not count)? I hope they dont play with an extra defenseman this game, id rather have the forward playing incase his game shape isnt there(plus timing). But hey, look whos he's skating with, he could be on one foot and still keep up with them.

Great vote of confidence in Perezhogin. Hopefully this will get the second line producing on a consistent basis. I'm really liking this lineup.

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Does this give us our 4th line Plekanec - Begin - Higgins back? That would be awesome to!

That would be nice. I look forward to seeing all three rookies playing consistently and growing with the team.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

The biggest hole on that second line was lack of speed. They have a strong guy in Ryder, who can stand in front of the net, or move bodies. Ribeiro can work the puck better than most, but no one could carry the puck into the offensize zone without losing it, and neither of them were fast enough to recover the dump and chase.

Zednik adds the ability to gain the offensize zone, while keeping puck possesion. I think this will be a fantastic addition to the second line, giving us two strong, well balanced scoring trios.

The only question I still have is, where does Plekanec go?

This is the best part of the Coaching job MAkh2o or at least the funnest! Excellent tactic work .. although we've proven we have the youngsters that can fill in more than one role and line what is the OPTIMUM having all of the guys healthy and at their best where is the Optimal positioning of our team! Thats what julien must be dreaming about everynight and day!

and another point I must add ... is it wise or wiser to have these kids always moving around instead of fixing them to a line.. i speaking of when we (hope to god) we dont have this many injuries... and we keep them for X amount of games in fixed lines will we lose their Flexibility? I'm sure Perez Plek and Higgins present mind frame is ... Put me where you want as long as I get to play and I will give it my all.. very much like what Ryder experienced last season.. then he got fixed.. and then after a while he adapted to the ribeiro and Dag line.. now that their has been change he's not totaly himself just yet (injury aside)

i'm so glad hes in the lineup. i think that he will give our offence another shot in the arm.

GO HABS GO

Man that trade that was made in 2001 was probably one of the best that i can recall.

Jan Bulis, Richard Zednik, 1st round pick (Alex Perezhogin) for Trevor Linden and Danius Zubrus

Awesome trade