Centre Ice Package & Cogeco Cable

Peter Puck

I live in Kingston where we have Cogeco cable. I ordered the centre ice package to watch the Habs. When we played Atlanta a couple of weeks ago the game wasn't available. Sinced then I have been trying to find out which games would be shown. All the other games so far have been available on either TSN or Sportsnet. When I asked Cogeco I was told games carried by RDS will be blacked out here. This doesn't make a lot of sense since RDS carries all the games.

Today when I called Cogeco again they told me that they are advising their customers who are fans of the Canadian teams (or maybe just Leafs and Habs fans?) not to order the Centre Ice Package since so many games will be blacked out. (Last year I saw all the Habs games with the same package.) So they let me out of the 6 month minimum I agreed to in September and have promised to refund my money and cancel the package.

I will get Bell Express-Vu and RDS. At least I know I will get all the games. :)

Yeah thats the route i went, a lot cheaper than getting Centre Ice. I would like to have Centre Ice, but i get all the Habs games and enough games on other channels to satisfy me.

Plus if i had Centre Ice, i probably wouldn't get anything productive done, as was the case when BEV had a free preview of Centre Ice at the beginning of the season.

[Edited on 27/10/05 by Quebecois]