Price left off Team WHL

montreal

The remax games next month against Team Russia will have three habs prospects playing for Team Canada, but not Carey Price who is off to a brutal start so far this year on a very poor Tri City team.

Guillaume Latendresse and Mathieu Aubin will play for Team QMJHL while Kyle Chipchura will play for Team WHL.

The roster for Russia has not be listed yet. Alexi Yemelin could be on the team, but the rumor was last year that he was supposed to play for Russia but his team would not let him go even though he was hardly playing. (Lada is the same team that is currently holding Alexi Semin even though he's under contract with the Caps, and the Caps are now sueing Semin and his agent)

Again, here's a post that I made on another string about this subject. I'm adding it here for your consideration.

"Carey Price is experiencing a cruddy beginning to this season. Here's his stats so far:

7 games

389 minutes played

210 shots against

29 goals allowed

0 shut outs

4.48 average

0.862 save percentage

1 win

5 losses

Don't know what the factors are. The Tri-City Americans lost 6 - 2 last night but it wasn't Price in nets.

The Tri-City Americans have the worst record in the whole WHL with 3 wins, 7 losses, 38 goals for & 48 goals against."

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Tri-City had an awful team last year, and in fact only had a couple shining lights, one being Price. He had an awesome year and despite having a pretty bad team in front of him he posted great numbers. To illustrate how bad they were, only one player beat the 50-point plateau and 2 of the top 3 point getters were defencemen. This year, Price has lost all-star defenceman Shawn Belle along with Clayton Stoner, both now playing in the AHL. There were supposed to be a couple of over-agers returning who were supposed to help, but haven't really. It's unfortunate really, because there are games when Tri-City has outplayed their opposition but Price's game just hasn't won them games like it did last year. Again, this could be because of Belle's and Stoner's departure.

It's hard to ask a goaltender to shoulder the entire load of your team, and he's still really young. But unfortunately at this pace, it looks like the WJC might be out of the question, especially if he's being left off team WHL. Here's hoping he gets traded to a contender in the WHL so the amount of rubber he's currently seeing doesn't completely shatter his condfidence.

Originally posted by Habinator

Tri-City had an awful team last year, and in fact only had a couple shining lights, one being Price.  He had an awesome year and despite having a pretty bad team in front of him he posted great numbers.  To illustrate how bad they were, only one player beat the 50-point plateau and 2 of the top 3 point getters were defencemen.  This year, Price has lost all-star defenceman Shawn Belle along with Clayton Stoner, both now playing in the AHL.  There were supposed to be a couple of over-agers returning who were supposed to help, but haven't really.  It's unfortunate really, because there are games when Tri-City has outplayed their opposition but Price's game just hasn't won them games like it did last year.  Again, this could be because of Belle's and Stoner's departure.  

It's hard to ask a goaltender to shoulder the entire load of your team, and he's still really young.  But unfortunately at this pace, it looks like the WJC might be out of the question, especially if he's being left off team WHL.  Here's hoping he gets traded to a contender in the WHL so the amount of rubber he's currently seeing doesn't completely shatter his condfidence.

A word of encouragement. A while back, Montreal had a goalie that they drafted who faced enough rubber to start a tire factory. This happened on a consistent game-by-game basis.

Later on, he became a fairly good goaltender for the Canadiens. In fact, I can recall reading about this or hearing him say in an interview that this nightly barrage was a big part of what made him become the goalie he was. Lots of pucks, lots of bad nights, lots of learning, lots of stamina built up, lots of character developped.

I don't know if you've heard of this goalie, he's somewhat obscure I think... but anyway, his name is Patrick Roy.

[Edited on 2005/10/27 by shortcat1]

Patrick Roy's goals against in junior was terrible, as he also had no support from his team. However, the extra shots he faced may have helped him develop into a better goaltender. Price, like Roy, is cocky/confident in his abilities which should help him handle the losing side of the game.

Price was recently selected to play for team WHL in the upcoming Canada-Russia challenge.

http://www.sportstricities.com/sportstc/ho...p-7045481c.html

l

Not that I think Carey Price being picked was a mistake ( I initially thought it and was quite diappointed, but after some period of consideration, I am happy with the choice).

But where is Beckam now?? All he has done is bash Theo and claim Price as this season's saviour...

I expect Price will come out of it and catch up to his standards, but it would have been nice for Beckam to acknowledge his idol's recent performance.

Originally posted by habscout

Patrick Roy's goals against in junior was terrible, as he also had no support from his team. However, the extra shots he faced may have helped him develop into a better goaltender. Price, like Roy, is cocky/confident in his abilities which should help him handle the losing side of the game.

Price was recently selected to play for team WHL in the upcoming Canada-Russia challenge.

l

So he has make the WHL team after all? (I can't seem to get access to the link)

Originally posted by Rooster

l

try http://www.sportstricities.com/sportstc/ho...p-7045481c.html

Originally posted by simonus
Originally posted by Rooster

l

try http://www.sportstricities.com/sportstc/ho...p-7045481c.html

Here is the "official" roster from the WHL league website for most of the Canada-Russia games.

http://www.whl.ca/news/?id=3309

Although Carey Price is not listed, the article does state that the roster for the one game in Saskatoon was previously announced. I just found that article.

http://www.whl.ca/news/?id=3309

The article I read on the Tri-City newspaper, the one that I originally posted in this thread, also mentioned that Price is slated for the Saskatoon game. From comparing the two, I see that only a few players are listed for both games. I'm sure it's a scheduling issue, as well as a means to 'reward' the better players from the home rink Saskatoon & Regina teams.

Originally posted by GoHabs2002

But where is Beckam now?? All he has done is bash Theo and claim Price as this season's saviour...

beckham was banned for making racial comments and harrassing the administratiors of the site.

Well, this is a disappointment but it doesn't mean anything. If he steps up he should make it to the WJC and this doesn't mean he won't be a great goalie. I'd like to hear better news about him. A goalie shouldn't get too used to losing.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Well, this is a disappointment but it doesn't mean anything. If he steps up he should make it to the WJC and this doesn't mean he won't be a great goalie. I'd like to hear better news about him. A goalie shouldn't get too used to losing.

Actually he made the team and will play for the WHL. Since being named to the team he has picked it up winning a game on the road (the teams first road win this season) and then he lost last night giving up only 1 goal on 31 shots. His numbers have improved a lot recently as he was at a gaa of around 4.5 but has gotten it down to under 3.5

I have no problem at all with the fact that his team losing often...it'll build caracter.

losing is a big part of the learn how-to-win process.

Originally posted by GoHabs2002

Not that I think Carey Price being picked was a mistake ( I initially thought it and was quite diappointed, but after some period of consideration, I am happy with the choice).

I expect Price will come out of it and catch up to his standards, but it would have been nice for Beckam to acknowledge his idol's recent performance.

F BEckham...nice not to have to hear from him anymore

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by shortcat1

Again, here's a post that I made on another string about this subject. I'm adding it here for your consideration.

"Carey Price is experiencing a cruddy beginning to this season. Here's his stats so far:  

7 games  

389 minutes played  

210 shots against  

29 goals allowed  

0 shut outs  

4.48 average  

0.862 save percentage  

1 win  

5 losses  

Don't know what the factors are. The Tri-City Americans lost 6 - 2 last night but it wasn't Price in nets.  

The Tri-City Americans have the worst record in the whole WHL with 3 wins, 7 losses, 38 goals for & 48 goals against."

Well Price has really picked up his game since shortcat1 posted the above on October 27.

Here are his current stats:

18 games

1026 minutes played

559 shots against

53 goals allowed

0 shut outs

3.10 average

0.905 save percentage

5 wins

8 losses

That means in the intervening month he has these stats:

11 games

637 minutes played

349 shots against

24 goals allowed

0 shut outs

2.26 average

0.931 save percentage

4 wins

3 losses

I'd say he is back on track.

:can:

A word of encouragement. A while back, Montreal had a goalie that they drafted who faced enough rubber to start a tire factory. This happened on a consistent game-by-game basis.

Later on, he became a fairly good goaltender for the Canadiens. In fact, I can recall reading about this or hearing him say in an interview that this nightly barrage was a big part of what made him become the goalie he was. Lots of pucks, lots of bad nights, lots of learning, lots of stamina built up, lots of character developped.

I don't know if you've heard of this goalie, he's somewhat obscure I think... but anyway, his name is Patrick Roy.

. . . and now you know the rest of the story!

;)

Originally posted by marky_and_komi

I have no problem at all with the fact that his team losing often...it'll build caracter.

losing is a big part of the learn how-to-win process.

I disagree it is not good for a goalie to loose. Goalies need to have consistent confidence boosts. Or they can be ruined that is why Montreal has always had great goaltending prospects because they find a place for them to win. But as long as Price does not get disgruntled he will be a goalie for our future.

I'm not sure there is a right answer to that. Someone brought up Patrick Roy when he was at Granby - facing a lot of shots and losing a lot helped him in the long run. But about guys like Dan Blackburn? I guess it depends on the goalie...

Originally posted by kaos

F BEckham...nice not to have to hear from him anymore

I totally disagree. It's nice not to hear his racist comments (and it's equally nice to not hear members goading him into saying racist comments,) but I do miss his constant and informative updates on Habs prospects.

Originally posted by Peter Puck

7 games  

389 minutes played  

210 shots against  

29 goals allowed  

0 shut outs  

4.48 average  

0.862 save percentage  

1 win  

5 losses  

Well Price has really picked up his game since shortcat1 posted the above on October 27.

Here are his current stats:

18 games

1026 minutes played

559 shots against

53 goals allowed

0 shut outs

3.10 average

0.905 save percentage

5 wins

8 losses

That means in the intervening month he has these stats:

11 games

637 minutes played

349 shots against

24 goals allowed

0 shut outs

2.26 average

0.931 save percentage

4 wins

3 losses

I'd say he is back on track.

:can:

very nice work and calculations, pp. :/) Truly appreciated. :/) :/) :/)