After the 2004 Trade deadline... I'd like to see

Habby1197

The reason people want to see Perreault gone is because he carries some decent trade value, is easily replaced by Ribeiro or some other young guy, is soft, a poor passer and plays poor defense. He can score some goals and is probably one of the top 3 face-off men in the league and that's where is trade value comes from. He'd be ideal on a lower tier team that doesn't have depth at center.

They were interesting lines but I must say that I disagree completely with Markov being on the last defensive pairing.

If this team is fighting for a playoff spot...and we should be...then I don't think we should see the rookies taking over like that. If Perreault, Brisebois, Dykhuis, Dackell and Ribeiro aren't on the team then they are likely traded and you need to account for that in your lines...obviously, they'd be traded for someone...

I'd like to see us deal Perreault, Breezy, Audette, Dackell, Rivet and Dykhuis well before trade deadline.

Basically, I'd like to see:

Zednik- Koivu - Perezhogin

Bulis - Ribeiro - Ward

Higgins - Juneau - Sundstrom

Dwyer - Kilger - FILLED BY TRADE

Markov - FILLED BY TRADE

Souray/FILLED BY TRADE - Komisarek

Hainsey - Quintal

Of course, all that is dependant on Zhog, Higgins and Hainsey having good camps. I don't know how strong Souray is going to be for us this year. I think our biggest need is on defense. By far...

Sundstrom is one of the best defensive players in the league, and can still put up decent offensive numbers. He is the perfect 3rd liner, and the kind of player that will help us being a contender. For those reasons, I think playing him ona forth line would be plain stupid.

I would also hope that Audette is gone by the '04 trade deadline. If he could only have another season similar to his Atlanta days season, we could at least steal a mid-round pick, or a decent journeyman out of him.

Hmmm...

Trading value? This season? I think we should wait and see what happens. There's a lockout hanging over us and I really hope that Gainey keeps Perreault.