Koivu injured?

Habsterr

Hi

This is my first post after having been a reader of the site for a couple of months.

I have a concern about Koivu and am looking for any feedback.

I noticed in the Flyer game, Koivu got banged up and even sat on once by those %R&%% Flyers. I then noticed he didn't play in nearly as many situations (5 on 5, PK, PP) as he has been, especially in the third period when we desperatley were trying to get back in it.

He is, in my opinion, the Habs best player this year. But he has been injury prone so I am worried.

Anyone else notice his absence and worried as well?

:hlogo::/);):ghg:

[Edited on 2005/10/27 by Habsterr]

Kovelov's been doing that since the start of the season.

If you look at him during the game, almost at least once per game he favors his wrist (I believe its the same one from the playoffs).

He's taken a few practices off in the past month.

Hi, I'm not sure where all this is coming from really...

There has been nothing written about these injuries. I remember Gord Miller saying Koivu went gingerly to the bench after a tough hit in Tuesdays game but I certainly remember him playing out the rest of the game with what seemed to be a normal shift.

I didn't think the Koivu had a particularily hard time of it at all against the Flyers, he competed hard the entire game - maybe he got shaken up on a shift or two but no big deal. No wonder the Flyers were cuing in on him, every team does this, he's our best player!

Kovalev has shown little signs of poor health himself. He has a pretty quick reaction to favor his wrists when he feels contact....

Anyway, I guess I just hope these are more rumors...

I am convinced after watching Koivu last night that he has a problem. He lacked his usual jump on most shifts and he was, for the most part, ineffective.

Just hope it's not anything that will linger.

[Edited on 2005/10/28 by Habsterr]

[Edited on 2005/10/28 by Habsterr]