Little Kost(sp?) game report

Redlight60

sorry guys for not being able to spell his name. No not the one in hamilton, but rather the little guy(who i might add doesnt look so little on the ice) who plays for the london knights.

Tonight i went to the windsor spitfires game, they played and beat the london knights to break a 23 game loosing streak against them.

Well little K, ill call him played and here are my thoughts:

- the guys plays pretty hard, in both ends of the ice

- he's a very good stick handler and can skate better than most on the ice

- he lead a rush all one his own, not bad seeing as you have guys like bolland, schremp and hunter playing with

- he actuallly played the point on there powerplay whihc was kind of odd i thought, but the kid has very good vision and passing abilities, with that being said his work on the boards is lacking

- he really likes parking himself behind the net in the offensive zone and i only saw him loose one loose puck all night

- mentioned before on this board was how he was lighting things up i was pretty excited to see theis guy play, the fact was i didnt see as much as i wanted only due to the fact he was playing on there second line and didnt get a great deal of playing time(kinda disapointing to see, but the first line of hunter, schremp and bolland play all the time and i can see why)

- he shot looks to be more accurate than powerful, but his stick skills are very impressive, he batted down 2 passes out of the air

- overall he idnt play much, but i saw flashes of some good stuff, he seemed uncomfortable with his teamates though(might be due to the language) because he wasnt talking with everyone like the rest of his team.

On a side note: Robbie Schremp looks like the real deal, i think he's edmontons property if im not mistaken. He has great wheels, anticipation and a hell of a wrist shot...id love it if we could grab a guy like this

Oh ya i have a question, i anyone knows this off the top of there heads, we all know of danny syvret and corey perry of the london knights of last yr, and from the world juniors right? well i know syvret is playing with hamilton and i think perry made the ducks, but there is a syvret and a perry still on the knights, perhaps the younger brothers? just a thought

thanks, good evening and goodnight, haha

Thanks for the very complete impressions on the Little Kost.

His lack of strength will probably be overcome with maturity. If he has the skills you observed then, in the 'new NHL', he could be a very valuable asset to our team. :D :hlogo: :D :hlogo: :D

He looks to me like he has the skill, but he didnt get to see the ice very much, which suprises me seeing as he has so many points in the league, maybe he was nursing an injury this game, but he didnt seem to show it. He's a treat to watch when he gets a little bit of room, but you can tell he's not use to the small arena size(btw-windsor is one of the smallest). Oh well, hey do we have any prospects on the petes? im at school in the area so i guess ill get to see a few games and see little ryder play.

That's a nice post on Sergei Kostitsyn.

I just found a new article on him that I thought everyone may be interested in reading.

http://www.lfpress.com/cgi-bin/publish.cgi...icles&s=knights

Originally posted by habscout

I just found a new article on him that I thought everyone may be interested in reading.

I can't wait for the Kostitsyn Bros. to crack the Habs' lineup. For the people who've seen Hamilton play this year: how does Andrei look? I know he's starting to score with more frequency, but how does he look comfort-wise?

Originally posted by habscout

Thanks.

Very nice article on the younger brother. I get the impression that his older brother is still having a hard time adjusting in Hamilton. Could be wrong, though.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by Redlight60

He looks to me like he has the skill, but he didnt get to see the ice very much, which suprises me seeing as he has so many points in the league, maybe he was nursing an injury this game, but he didnt seem to show it. He's a treat to watch when he gets a little bit of room, but you can tell he's not use to the small arena size(btw-windsor is one of the smallest).

He was playing on the first line for the first 6 or 7 games. He was getting tons of ice time and playing with Bolland. Since Shremp and Dylan Hunter were returned he seems to be getting much less ice time.

He looks to me like he has the skill, but he didnt get to see the ice very much, which suprises me seeing as he has so many points in the league, maybe he was nursing an injury this game, but he didnt seem to show it. He's a treat to watch when he gets a little bit of room, but you can tell he's not use to the small arena size(btw-windsor is one of the smallest). Oh well, hey do we have any prospects on the petes? im at school in the area  so i guess ill get to see a few games and see little ryder play.

Yes, we have Gregory Stewart on that team.

Originally posted by Peter Puck

He looks to me like he has the skill, but he didnt get to see the ice very much, which suprises me seeing as he has so many points in the league, maybe he was nursing an injury this game, but he didnt seem to show it. He's a treat to watch when he gets a little bit of room, but you can tell he's not use to the small arena size(btw-windsor is one of the smallest).  

He was playing on the first line for the first 6 or 7 games. He was getting tons of ice time and playing with Bolland. Since Shremp and Dylan Hunter were returned he seems to be getting much less ice time.

That's too bad but I guess a coach has to go with his 'best' players and maybe those guys, at the moment, are better players. There could also be the PR aspect of the team's presence in the community. Maybe to replace these guys with a rookie might not fly well with the fans. Maybe also to replace those guys with a rookie might not fly well with the players themselves, resulting in sour dressing-room situations...

I don't know why but I'm pretty sure his production will decrease. That's ok. He's just a rookie. He'll get his day.

Originally posted by shortcat1
Originally posted by Peter Puck

That's too bad but I guess a coach has to go with his 'best' players and maybe those guys, at the moment, are better players. There could also be the PR aspect of the team's presence in the community. Maybe to replace these guys with a rookie might not fly well with the fans. Maybe also to replace those guys with a rookie might not fly well with the players themselves, resulting in sour dressing-room situations...

I don't know why but I'm pretty sure his production will decrease. That's ok. He's just a rookie. He'll get his day.

Yes Shremp and Hunter (and Bolland) are better players at the moment. I don't think it has anything to do with PR.

Here are the stats for the Knights top 4 scorers:

# Player Games G A pts +/- Pim

91 Bolland, David 15 20 25 45 -6 28

44 Schremp, Rob 10 14 27 41 2 10

79 Hunter, Dylan 11 7 25 32 2 10

24 Kostitsyn, Sergei 15 11 19 30 0 16

I am *very* happy with Kostitsyn's production so far.

Mods: maybe one of you could put the correct spelling of Sergei Kostitsyn's name on this thread in your copius free time.

thanks for the imfo shortcat!:/)

He looks to me like he has the skill, but he didnt get to see the ice very much, which suprises me seeing as he has so many points in the league, maybe he was nursing an injury this game, but he didnt seem to show it. He's a treat to watch when he gets a little bit of room, but you can tell he's not use to the small arena size(btw-windsor is one of the smallest). Oh well, hey do we have any prospects on the petes? im at school in the area  so i guess ill get to see a few games and see little ryder play.

Does that mean you're going to Trent or Fleming?

thanks for the imfo shortcat!:/)

yerwelkum :/):/):/)

right now im at fleming, for a bit then after im but then off to either guelph, trent, or athabasca after

Here's some more good news about Sergei:

OHL Rookie of the Month – Sergei Kostitsyn, London Knights

Sergei Kostitsyn was named the OHL Rookie of the Month after scoring nine goals and 12 assists to lead all OHL rookies with 21 points in 11 games. Kostitsyn had two multi-goal games and seven multi-point games over the month. Kostitsyn began his OHL career with a dominating effort when he picked up a goal and five assists in the season opener. Kostitsyn currently leads all rookie scorers and is tied for sixth in league scoring with 30 points.

Guest Biff Malibu

I am a Knights season ticket holder and I get to see Sergei on a weekly basis. He has definitely been the biggest surprise this year, besides Schremp returning from Edmonton.

He is great at each end of the ice and for a Euro, he isn't afraid to throw the body. Skating is one of his strongest aspects. I remember when they played St. Mikes in Toronto; they were on the powerplay and somehow the Majors got a shorthanded breakaway. Sergei was pursuing the guy on the breakaway and ended up making a diving poke check from behind to deflect his shot wide.

His vision and passing, as already mentioned, are phenominal. He plays the point on the powerplay and sometimes you don't know how he saw the open man. As well, the amount of goals he has scored is deceiving. He is ALWAYS looking for a pass before a shot. He has been wide open infront of the net and has taken a look around first before burrying the puck.

The only knock against him, isn't really about him either. I have a gripe with some of his teammates. When the Knights are on the powerplay. Rob Schremp and Dylan Hunter especially seem to only pass to him as a "last resort." I don't know if they don't have confidence in him or what, but it's frustrating to watch.

:ghg:

Originally posted by Biff Malibu

I am a Knights season ticket holder and I get to see Sergei on a weekly basis.  He has definitely been the biggest surprise this year, besides Schremp returning from Edmonton.

He is great at each end of the ice and for a Euro, he isn't afraid to throw the body.  Skating is one of his strongest aspects.  I remember when they played St. Mikes in Toronto; they were on the powerplay and somehow the Majors got a shorthanded breakaway.  Sergei was pursuing the guy on the breakaway and ended up making a diving poke check from behind to deflect his shot wide.

His vision and passing, as already mentioned, are phenominal.  He plays the point on the powerplay and sometimes you don't know how he saw the open man.  As well, the amount of goals he has scored is deceiving.  He is ALWAYS looking for a pass before a shot.  He has been wide open infront of the net and has taken a look around first before burrying the puck.

The only knock against him, isn't really about him either.  I have a gripe with some of his teammates.  When the Knights are on the powerplay.  Rob Schremp and Dylan Hunter especially seem to only pass to him as a "last resort."  I don't know if they don't have confidence in him or what, but it's frustrating to watch.

:ghg:

Nice info from one who sees the kid on a regular basis. Thanks! :/):D:/)

Guest Biff Malibu
Originally posted by shortcat1Nice info from one who sees the kid on a regular basis. Thanks! :/):D:/)

You're welcome. You don't know how happy I was to finally have a good Habs prospect on the Knights. I've been going to Knights games for as long as I can remember and the only other one I can recall is Tomas Linhart, and he wasn't anything to write home about.

[Edited on 2005/11/8 by Biff Malibu]

hockeysfuture.com, montreal's page has a big article on SIARHEI KOSTSITSYN

It's called: Kostsitsyn blends in well in London

Here's the link: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?s...hreaded&order=0