dagenais rumors

habsfan88

Keep Dags around this season, if we go through injuries or suspensions we will need him. As fo next year he wont stand a chance in our tryouts, as goes for a couple of our other forwards, Sunny and Ivan prob wont be here. The new look seems to be all about high speed puck control, not knocking any of these guys as they ALL are where they are for a reason, but they won't keep up with Latendresse, Kostitsyn and Lambert/Urqhart

Our current rookies will have a year under their belts and the next crop of 3 will be ready, then there will be Locke and Chipchurra, and the bro Kostitsyn a year or 2 later. WHy does ever other member on here think we need a trade. We are in 1st and enjoying a record setting pace for this historic franchise. We have forwrds for years to come, nobody is about to give up a big game d-man right now, and ours are as good if not better than what is out there, even if they aren't big gamers yet, they are all still developing as well, and we have drafted a few that are in the ranks. I'd say if we did have a chance to make a deal it will be for a goalie, ie Huet once he returns. Until then I don't see a move.

Maybe Edmonton for Cory Cross. :o

[Edited on 2005/10/29 by johnnyhasbeen]

As far as Dags is concerned, it's an addition by substraction, anything we get will be appreciated.

Now, as far as all the young guys breaking into the team next year, how many is too many? I want to see the young guys come up (and they have the talent), but we already have 3 rookies this year and a couple of 2nd year players, Ribeiro not being far behind.

Everything's been more or less hunky dory so far, but how will they react to a losing streak? Adversity? The truth is we don't know, and until we do, I for one like having some veteran presence on the team. And by the way if things stay as they are, and we need room for youngsters, I can see Bonk, Zednik and even Ribeiro leaving before Sunny does. Most of the kids would fit better (and cost less) on the scoring lines, with the notable exception of Chipchura, who may or may not be ready next year, and he's a C anyway i'f i'm not mistaken.

well dagenais didnt ask to be trade or sumthing~ and the coach confirmed that we will see him with the team~ it's just that they r 23 players and only 20 can take part of a game~ so it's normal to

Originally posted by Mark Napier

I'm seeing a 3rd or 4rth round draft pick.

A third rounder for Dagenais is a steal for the Habs. A fourth rounder is also a bargain deal. Maybe we can trade him and get Kovalev a new car in return.

Dags isn't our problem, he's surplus and trading him away for a third round is a waste. Chances are you couldn't get him as a third round or if you could you'd be happy.

Wait till he gets a few good games and then shop him around. He's bound to have some eventually. I really feel sorry for the guy. Ribeiro wasn't doing any better with more ice time up till a little while ago. And there have been others that have been a no show in a few games. Remember we traded Perreault, even though he could score and win face offs, because he would float around most of the time. There are a few players that might fit that bill in time.

Wait and see is the best policy for now

[Edited on 2005/10/30 by Lister110]

boy, am i ever glad that bob gainey is in charge... i don't see some of these comments being much more than simply put-downs and not as a statement of worth as a person and a player.

yes, he may be of limited talent but still, there are ways in which he can contribute. until bob gainey and his team see otherwise, he'll remain a canadiens player.

[Edited on 2005/10/30 by shortcat1]

Dags had a good game tonight. He will probably be dressed again against the Rangers on Halloween. If he scores a couple more goals in the next few games his trade value will rise OR we can keep him if he is helping the team. Last game, he scored a goal and now he had a strong showing. Wait and see, wait and see...

Originally posted by Lister110

Dags isn't our problem, he's surplus and trading him away for a third round is a waste. Chances are you couldn't get him as a third round or if you could you'd be happy.

Wait till he gets a few good games and then shop him around. He's bound to have some eventually. I really feel sorry for the guy. Ribeiro wasn't doing any better with more ice time up till a little while ago. And there have been others that have been a no show in a few games. Remember we traded Perreault, even though he could score and win face offs, because he would float around most of the time. There are a few players that might fit that bill in time.

Wait and see is the best policy for now

[Edited on 2005/10/30 by Lister110]

He was never traded, he was an UFA.

I was speaking hypothetically. Compare the type of player you will usually get as 3rd or 4th round draft to dags and they won't measure up. Dags is better than that even if which ever team drafted him picked him up on that round.

Dags on a hot streak should be worth a second round pick.

I was speaking hypothetically. Compare the type of player you will usually get as 3rd or 4th round draft to dags and they won't measure up. Dags is better than that even if which ever team drafted him picked him up on that round.

Dags on a hot streak should be worth a second round pick.

In the old days I would agree with you 100%. Can always promote the upside of a player. Now the salary cap will make teams think about trading picks 1 through 4 unless it is a great deal for them.

Right now he is only worth future considerations as everyone knows how slow he is.

Yeah you're probably right Howie. I saw the a of Dags in training and it looked like he was moving in slow motion.

I'm also concerned that a guy like him would be missed if the new NHL doesn't last. Guess we shouldn't be looking at that, but you never know. Its still so early in the season.

Yeah you're probably right Howie. I saw the a of Dags in training and it looked like he was moving in slow motion.

I'm also concerned that a guy like him would be missed if the new NHL doesn't last. Guess we shouldn't be looking at that, but you never know. Its still so early in the season.

Yes, it is early in the season. It is early in the 'new NHL'. Things can't be decided in such a short span.

Also, I'm confident that the 'new NHL' is here to stay. There will likely be adjustments done as time goes on but I don't expect that these adjustments will be allowed to go against intent and the principles of the 'new NHL'.

In this perspective, if players like Pierre Dagenais will less and less fit into this new way of playing hockey, the will, eventually, be moved out in favour of players who can compete effectively in this 'new NHL'.

By the way, some of those players, Dagenais among them, will adjust because they know that it's 'swim or sink' for them. Those who can't adjust will 'sink'.

I suggest that you let those who's responsibility it is to ensure that our game doesn't go back to what it was do what they intend to do. Don't jump the gun.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Has anybody read 'A Concerned Fan's impressions on the last game?

If not, I strongly suggest that you do on a regular basis. You'll usually if not always find them on the main page of this site the day after the game.

For the purposes of this topic, I'll copy & paste the Dagenais-related sections.

"Dagenais: Wait for it... Dags was... good. Nay, he was quite good on this night. Now, I know what you're thinking: signs of the Apocalypse, but seriously, he played well. He made more solid hits tonight than he's ever done in a Habs uniform - including one that really rang someone's bell. He was also going hard to the net, and he really played well in traffic. One might say he played like a guy who'd been told: Last Chance. Let's tell him that every night. (It almost hurts me to give this mark.) A-"

and

"The Fan's Game Puck:... Honourable mention goes to *cough cough* Dagenais."

Like I said a couple of posts ago, people can change, can decide to and make an effort to improve their situation.

It may be that this game was an aberration and that he'll go back to his usual ways but, on the other hand, he may very well have gotten the message and is fighting and will continue to fight for his professional 'life'.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

i think this goes to show that Julien is handling Dags correctly. Often the most effective way to motivate a player is to give and take away ice time. Hopefully Dags can be formed into a good utility forward that we can stick in to add a little offense.