Where would the Habs finish in an all Canadian division?

Habsfan89

3 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Too bad. After seeing these two games against the oilers,  I want to play them. Super entertaining hockey.

I want to see Montreal play like that against Calgary starting tomorrow 

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

So much for that Canucks run.

Yup, they also have an 8 game stretch where they play the Oilers 4 times, Winnipeg twice and Toronto twice in a short period of time.  If the Habs win 1 out of 3 in Calgary then it's pretty much over. 

On 4/21/2021 at 7:37 PM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I'd have an easier time responding to this if you'd actually read my post.

I did read your post. It brought up the Canucks, for some odd reason, and how they were apparently “rising to the occasion” after a mere two wins. That’s what I was responding to. Well, they’ve lost 3-0 against Ottawa last night and so it doesn’t look to me like anything you said about them was actually true. It was nothing more than a romanticized story about a team that I frankly couldn’t care less about.

The Habs on the other hand will make the playoffs despite all their faults and excuse making, which you seemingly love to point out.

And if I have truly misunderstood your post, then the only conclusion I can come to regarding its content is that you would half-heartedly hope that the Canucks make the playoffs over the Habs because of areas you’ve expressed your personal opinion about regarding both teams. Well, okay then. There’s not really much to say back to that, other than we disagree.

7 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I did read your post. It brought up the Canucks, for some odd reason, and how they were apparently “rising to the occasion” after a mere two wins. That’s what I was responding to. Well, they’ve lost 3-0 against Ottawa last night and so it doesn’t look to me like anything you said about them was actually true. It was nothing more than a romanticized story about a team that I frankly couldn’t care less about.

The Habs on the other hand will make the playoffs despite all their faults and excuse making, which you seemingly love to point out.

And if I have truly misunderstood your post, then the only conclusion I can come to regarding its content is that you would half-heartedly hope that the Canucks make the playoffs over the Habs because of areas you’ve expressed your personal opinion about regarding both teams. Well, okay then. There’s not really much to say back to that, other than we disagree.

Sigh. First I said this:

The Canucks have a ton of momentum, too, having beaten the Leafs twice. There is a faint hope of “miracle comeback” starting to form around them...I wouldn’t put money on it, but they’ve got the high-end core talent to be dangerous.

And followed that up with this:

At this point I find myself half-hoping the Canucks pull it off. Not only would it be a great story, but I’m feeling rather mad at this Habs team, which is shaping up to be yet another disappointment after such a promising summer and start to the season. The Canucks, meanwhile, have faced some ACTUAL adversity (as opposed to the Habs’ endless excuse-making) and appear to be doing the opposite of the Habs, i.e., rising to the occasion. 

I've boldfaced some words that are particularly pertinent.

I neither predicted that the Canucks *would* pass the Habs ("faint hope"); nor did I say that the Canucks *are* rising to the occasion or guaranteed to do so (saying only that they "appear to be" doing so after two wins against TO); nor did I ever say that the Habs are the "only" team to make excuses, nor claim (as you suggested in your retort) that the Canucks are somehow immune to excuse-making.

So yeah, the idea that you were going to clip and save my words and throw them back in my face if and when the Habs make the playoffs was predicated on a total misreading of my post(s).

4 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Sigh. First I said this:

The Canucks have a ton of momentum, too, having beaten the Leafs twice. There is a faint hope of “miracle comeback” starting to form around them...I wouldn’t put money on it, but they’ve got the high-end core talent to be dangerous.

At this point I find myself half-hoping the Canucks pull it off. Not only would it be a great story, but I’m feeling rather mad at this Habs team, which is shaping up to be yet another disappointment after such a promising summer and start to the season. The Canucks, meanwhile, have faced some ACTUAL adversity (as opposed to the Habs’ endless excuse-making) and appear to be doing the opposite of the Habs, i.e., rising to the occasion. 

I neither predicted that the Canucks *would* pass the Habs ("faint hope"); nor did I say that the Canucks *are* rising to the occasion or guaranteed to do so (saying only that they "appear to be" doing so after two wins against TO); nor did I ever say that the Habs are the "only" team to make excuses, nor claim (as you suggested in your retort) that the Canucks are somehow immune to excuse-making.

So yeah, the idea that you were going to clip and save my words and throw them back in my face if and when the Habs make the playoffs was predicated on a total misreading of my post(s).

Yeah, I didn’t get the guarantee vibe from your original post and felt pretty much the same as you and I can’t stand the Canucks, almost as much as I hate the Bruins, leafs and flames.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Yeah, I didn’t get the guarantee vine from your original post and felt pretty much the same as you and I can’t stand the Canucks, almost as much as I hate the Bruins, leafs and flames.

I guess always will be an Easterner and have no real strong feeling good or bad for Van-Calgary-Edmonton-Jets. Would definitely  pull for any of them vs any american team in any game though.

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Sigh. First I said this:

I am not the type to wait eternally for the perfect moment to throw something that someone has said in their face. With that being said, my post was predicated on the fact that you were trying to portray the image that the Habs organization is one that is full of excuses, whereas the Canucks are not.

It was admittedly an irrational post as you said yourself that you were angry at the Habs, but I don’t see your point.

How do the Canucks seem to appear to be rising to the occasion, and why do the Habs seem to be making more excuses than the Canucks?

I have not seen a single team in the entire league complain about the schedule more than the Canucks have, and that was even before their Covid outbreak pressed their schedule even further.

It’s fine to subliminally like the Canucks because of where one resides, but it was a needless needle towards the Habs organization considering they will make the playoffs, and the Canucks will not.

1 hour ago, DON said:

I guess always will be an Easterner and have no real strong feeling good or bad for Van-Calgary-Edmonton-Jets. Would definitely  pull for any of them vs any american team in any game though.

Growing up in Calgary, with a bunch of habs fans switching alliances, once the flames came to town, and being in high school for the cup finals vs the Flames, prevents me from ever cheering for the flames I did root for the Canucks (but than they were playing the hated Bruins), Oilers, and Sens when they made the finals. Could never get behind the flames or Leafs though. Not even sure if I would even cheer for them over Boston.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I am not the type to wait eternally for the perfect moment to throw something that someone has said in their face. With that being said, my post was predicated on the fact that you were trying to portray the image that the Habs organization is one that is full of excuses, whereas the Canucks are not.

It was admittedly an irrational post as you said yourself that you were angry at the Habs, but I don’t see your point.

How do the Canucks seem to appear to be rising to the occasion, and why do the Habs seem to be making more excuses than the Canucks?

I have not seen a single team in the entire league complain about the schedule more than the Canucks have, and that was even before their Covid outbreak pressed their schedule even further.

It’s fine to subliminally like the Canucks because of where one resides, but it was a needless needle towards the Habs organization considering they will make the playoffs, and the Canucks will not.

I’m pulling for the Canucks - even though I don’t reside in BC and actually disliking the Canucks. I think no sports team AND the team’s families has gone through what they have this year.

I would also add that our GM is notorious for his excuses of how hard it is to make a deal, how hard it is to get a centre, and fir pretty much folding the year Price went down by not even getting a viable backup and than used the loss of Price as an excuse. So I do think the criticism is warranted. 

Did anyone really think the Canucks could make the playoffs  - no. I said about three weeks ago, that there is no way the habs should miss the playoffs given how bad the flames and Canucks have been. The only reason there is still even a mathematical chance for either of those teams, is because of how bad the habs have been for the majority of the first 5 or 6 games after the coaching change. As it stands, I think their record is still better under Julien - not because they were a better team under him, but because they just had their usual hot start and than flames out  like most seasons.  We were lucky for the play-on last year and for the  creation of the North division this year. I think we can still take advantage of the current setup, but we need to get our shit together.

• Upvote 1

I used to loathe the Canucks. I moved to the Vancouver area the year Bertuzzi attacked Steve Moore, and I was horrified to see how many Canucks fans vehemently rose to Bertuzzi’s defence for what was a vicious, career-ending assault. I also noticed how whiny and self-pitying the fan base was in general. No, thanks.

2011 sure was tough for me, since I didn’t want either team in the Finals to win. I HATED those specific Bruins, but I also had a lot of respect for that franchise as the Habs’ great opponent over the decades. Never really made up my mind who to cheer for.

At this point, though, I no longer hate the Canucks. I respect their great young players, especially Hughes. And TBH, between losing in 2011, suffering through Torts for a year, and going through the grind of years of suckage, along with the fact that they’ve never won a thing - I kinda feel like they’ve suffered enough.

IF the Canucks were to pull off a miracle run and oust the Habs from the #4 slot, I’d have two thoughts on that:

1. An epic story, a run for the ages. I could get behind that, especially as I like their young core.

2. For the Habs, for them to blow the #4 spot at this point would be a catastrophic act of collective incompetence. They would DESERVE to lose and the whole org would deserve to get blown up. 

And since we are sharing our loves and hates, the one franchise I despise more than any other is TO. I grew up with TO shoved down everyone’s throat as CANADA’S TEAM by the CBC and hearing over and over about the wonderful year 1967, even as the Habs went on to win multiple Cups which HNIC treated as an afterthought. No amount of suffering is sufficient for them, LOL. 

It is fairly safe to say that the Habs will make the playoffs. Congratulations to the "glass half-full" 🥛 fans

:clap::clap::clap:

Should we start planning the parade ?

🏆 🏆 🏆

image.png

7 hours ago, Trizzak said:

I would be very happy if the games Vancouver and Calgary play after the Habs regular season is over don't matter at all besides which of them gets the lower draft pick.

On 11/10/2020 at 11:06 AM, DON said:

My wildass guess;

Montreal

Toronto

Calgary

Edmonton

Winnipeg

Vancouver

Ottawa

Got the bottom two correct.

On 4/24/2021 at 7:20 AM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I used to loathe the Canucks. I moved to the Vancouver area the year Bertuzzi attacked Steve Moore, and I was horrified to see how many Canucks fans vehemently rose to Bertuzzi’s defence for what was a vicious, career-ending assault. I also noticed how whiny and self-pitying the fan base was in general. No, thanks.

2011 sure was tough for me, since I didn’t want either team in the Finals to win. I HATED those specific Bruins, but I also had a lot of respect for that franchise as the Habs’ great opponent over the decades. Never really made up my mind who to cheer for.

At this point, though, I no longer hate the Canucks. I respect their great young players, especially Hughes. And TBH, between losing in 2011, suffering through Torts for a year, and going through the grind of years of suckage, along with the fact that they’ve never won a thing - I kinda feel like they’ve suffered enough.

IF the Canucks were to pull off a miracle run and oust the Habs from the #4 slot, I’d have two thoughts on that:

1. An epic story, a run for the ages. I could get behind that, especially as I like their young core.

2. For the Habs, for them to blow the #4 spot at this point would be a catastrophic act of collective incompetence. They would DESERVE to lose and the whole org would deserve to get blown up. 

And since we are sharing our loves and hates, the one franchise I despise more than any other is TO. I grew up with TO shoved down everyone’s throat as CANADA’S TEAM by the CBC and hearing over and over about the wonderful year 1967, even as the Habs went on to win multiple Cups which HNIC treated as an afterthought. No amount of suffering is sufficient for them, LOL. 

The best thing to happen to the leafs was the Rogers acquisition of the NHL rights.  With the multi network approach playing all Canadian team games, I bet the Toronto viewing numbers tanked.  

I hated growing up in Quebec and missing a Habs game because leafs were playing.  If the leafs were playing, you had to watch them.

On 1/13/2021 at 10:54 AM, johnnyhasbeen said:

My thought is they finsh 3rd behind Edmonto and Toronto. Both teams that will lose in the first round. Be a tight battle for fourth with Vancouver squeeking in. Montreal wont sew up that 3rd place until the end of season. Go Habs Go. Will be a good season. 

Hmmmm..

17 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I never submitted a guess on where the Habs would finish so I will do that now. I will guess 4th place. 

🐢