Komisarek

goHabs2005

Originally posted by Trizzak

hmmm...having Souray and Komi pairing together is starting to seem like a really bad idea

I dont know, I watched them both pummel the same guy on the same shift last night. One after the other. This kind of stuff makes people keep their head up crossing the blue line; and less likely to pull that funny Spezza crap in front of Jose.

K-REX is really getting to be a good D-Man.

I have to agree that seeing Komi level players in our corners must get the team charged up, and put some fear in the opposing players.... I just think he needs to improve his food speed before he can be considered a top defenseman....

Originally posted by Makh2o

I have to agree that seeing Komi level players in our corners must get the team charged up, and put some fear in the opposing players....  I just think he needs to improve his food speed before he can be considered a top defenseman....

From watching him live in a few games this season, I've noticed that he's much better at skating backwards than skating forward. Which is a good thing for a defenceman. His recovery speed does need a tad bit of improvement but his most glaring skating deficiency is on the breakout.

[Edited on 2005/11/1 by goHabs2005]

Originally posted by goHabs2005

I have to agree that seeing Komi level players in our corners must get the team charged up, and put some fear in the opposing players....  I just think he needs to improve his food speed before he can be considered a top defenseman....

From watching him live in a few games this season, I've noticed that he's much better at skating backwards than skating forward. Which is a good thing for a defenceman. His recovery speed does need a tad bit of improvement but his most glaring skating deficiency is on the breakout.

I have not been to a live game, so live game posts are valueable. I never really noticed his breakout ability now I know why. Komisarek is one of the biggest surprises to me as he is playing well. Maybe pairing him up with Souray once in a while will help Sheldon a little bit so that he does not always have to be the big hitter...

[Edited on 2005/11/1 by Howie_Morenz]

See what I meant when I said he can skate backwards better than he can forward. Beautiful hit on a very big forward. He still blows his coverage once in awhile. But he's the kinda of guy who I think is going to break out in the playoffs. The Thornton hit last year really shifted the tide in the series and Komi brings it and then some for big games.

Originally posted by goHabs2005

I find descriptives like that to be rather humourous. The implication is that our 'knowledge' of the intricacies of game and of a player's developmental needs are exactly where it's at. :guru:

He's so good. Matured o lot during last season in Hamilton. Let us hope we can keep him for a couple of decades. Nice job mr. Savard. Gotta love the komisaurus. Hit 'em high, hit 'em high, hit 'em high, hit 'em low, la la la

Bodychecks can no longer be delivered as casualy as is once was now that they cant control players with their sticks before the hit or after an half-missed one,...their is just no more room for correction.

Again, the net gain as switched in favor of the puck carriers and the more the season advance the better they are getting at avoiding getting neutralised by the tcheckers.

This tendency will conteract the predictions that more hits will take place in the near futur as defensements and others are getting better at applying more accurate hits.

Predictable and mechanically constructed bodychecks will be fairly easy to avoid and I presume that, as a consequence, many defensements will end-up being shipped to the minors as the season advances.

No need to worry about how Komisarek will flare in the new LNH,.. as demonstrated by his sponteanously well choregraphed explosive hit last night... and things will only get better for him.

How many teams will be able to enjoy the presence in their squad of a 6'4, 240 pds defenseman without him being a liability to the team otherwise is unkowned.....but Belak is a big problem in Toronto and I presumed LA being glad they didn't signed Quintal for any longer than they did and similarly doubt that Hatcher? was the best investment Clark as ever done for his team.

Althought Komi as yet to score his first goal in the NHL (the CH is no scoring machine anyhow) is worth is gold for me.