Montreal today.

ch_nl

I think we'll see:

Zednik - Koivu - Perezhogin

Bulis - Ribeiro - Audette

Higgins/Hossa - Perreaut - Ward

Kilger - Juneau - Dackell

Dwyer(spare forward)

Ryder, one of Higgins/Hossa will be the primary call-ups.

Markov - Rivet

Souray - Brisebois

Quintal - Komisarek

Quintal will be on his off side. Hainsey is the first call-up. Traverse is the spare who should get virtually no minutes.

Looking at our defense you realise that Brisebois needs to be traded because with Komi, Hainsey, Markov, and even Rivet, can all put up some points but we're lacking on physical players. Brisebois being gone let's Komi slide into more minutes and a better pairing, Quintal can move to his proper side and Hainsey gets NHL development time which is what he truely needs. Brisebois needs to be traded for so much more then his media lambastings. Rivet is not a true top pairing d-man and it will hurt us big-time. If Souray gets re-injured or struggles to regain his form our defense is SCREWED.

Crap. I forgot Sundstrom...lol

I suppose he would slide into the 4th line or possibly the 3rd line LW if Higgins/Hossa both have a bad camp.

Sundstrom had an atrocious year last year and if he rebounds can be a very effective 3rd line player. I think he's going to be a player to watch during camp and pre-season.

If Perreault was gone we could let Juneau play 3rd line center and have a 4th line of Sundstrom - Kilger - Dackell. Which would be a pretty damn good 4th line...

This is what I THINK will happen, not what I want to happen:

I don't see that many changes... the lines will stay a lot like last year:

Bulis-Koivu-Audette

Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik

Sundstrom-Juneau-Ward

Kilger-Perreault-Dwyer/Ryder

Dackell & Ryder on the bench.

Perreault & Ribeiro can switch depending on performance.

If Ribs really can't hack it he'll be sent down or traded, Perreault moves to 2nd line and Ryder gets a spot on the 4th.

If Ribs is suddenly a stand out... then Perreault can be dealt and Ryder comes in on the 4th.

Dackell should not see a minute of ice-time with this team.. unless there are injuries.

Let Perezhogin & Higgins start in Hamilton, if they show they are simply too good for the AHL then move someone during the season to make room for them.

Markov-Rivet

Souray-Breezer

Quintal-Komisarek

Traverse

Dykhuis simply has to be dealt, we have a better & cheaper version of him in Hainsey if we need it... not to mention Bouillon who can be a capable sub if we need it.

Traverse will stay simply because you won't feel bad leaving him in the press-box and he won't complain either. :)

P.S. Here's what I'd want to happen (while being realistic at the same time):

Bulis-Koivu-Audette

Zednik-Ribeiro-Ward

Hossa-Juneau-Sundstrom

Kilger-Perreault-Dwyer/Ryder

Dackell & Dwyer/Ryder.

I give a month or 2 to Ribs to show me what he can do, then a choice is made... send Ribs down or trade Perreault.

Ryder then plays full-time on 4th line, could get a shift here and there on other lines.

Defense same as above... assuming Breezer stays.

Either way it doesn't make for a great lineup, but this is the last phase of the transition... we just have to bite the bullet one more year.

The following year Audette will be bought out, Perreault, Juneau, Dackell will be gone... and Higgins, Perezhogin, Ryder, perhaps Kastistsyn will be here.

We'll be young as hell, but at least we'll be seeing our future on the ice... getting better with every game, building towards something good.

[Edited on 10-8-03 by Habs77]