Reverse Retro Jersey Opinions

hockeyrealist

Don't like the Leaf-ish blue on the Habs sweater ... should have gone Expos blue ... even Nordiques blue

13 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Don't like the Leaf-ish blue on the Habs sweater ... should have gone Expos blue ... even Nordiques blue

They used the blue that is already part of the jersey in the blue stripe.  I like that far better than using Nordiques color...ewww...

They’re nice. I’ll probably end up getting one. 

The blue isn’t the same blue as the Rangers or Islanders either. 

There are a few nice ones across the league.

I think my favorite is St Louis’

Colorado, Washington, Vegas, Anaheim, Ottawa, Phoenix, Vancouver, Columbus, Florida, Los Angeles, Minnesota, New Jersey... all nice to varying degrees. 

My top 5 , no particular order :

Habs

Canes

Kings

Capitals

Devils

Bubble :  Avalanche

Bottom 5, no particular order :

Wings

Coyotes

Ducks

Canucks

Sharks

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

They used the blue that is already part of the jersey in the blue stripe.  I like that far better than using Nordiques color...ewww...

Realize that ... just looks to TO-ish for my taste

1 hour ago, JoeLassister said:

Also,  do you guys think of any reason other than a future logo/name change for why the BlackHawks would avoid showing their logo ?

The Blackhawks response back in July was:

“The Chicago Blackhawks name and logo symbolizes an important and historic person, Black Hawk of Illinois’ Sac & Fox Nation, whose leadership and life has inspired generations of Native Americans, veterans and the public,”

10 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

and yet on NHL.com yesterday,  30 jerseys with a picture showing the logo, and Chicago showing the # and name...

3 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

and yet on NHL.com yesterday,  30 jerseys with a picture showing the logo, and Chicago showing the # and name...

Wasn't defending, just sharing ... I do think there is a different history/origin than <the former Washington football team nickname> but it might be time for a change anyway ... Hawks would be such an easy change ... it is what most fans use anyway.

2 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Wasn't defending, just sharing ... I do think there is a different history/origin than <the former Washington football team nickname> but it might be time for a change anyway ... Hawks would be such an easy change ... it is what most fans use anyway.

Yes, especially with the logo that was proposed a few years ago

g50pSTUvQEyibZcQYUS1Ug

34 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

I'm going to call that an oversight on their part.  This is the one that the Blackhawks released, clearly featuring the logo:

Em9itB0XcAIspIC?format=jpg&name=small

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

Blue sucks

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Realize that ... just looks to TO-ish for my taste

Agree

If they want to 'tweek' a new Habs jersey as a regular jersey, that is fine; but to go overboard in change just seems goofy.

Image result for ren and stimply horse

1 hour ago, JoeLassister said:

Yes, especially with the logo that was proposed a few years ago

g50pSTUvQEyibZcQYUS1Ug

I'd argue that the name and logo do more for getting people interested in the Sauk leader Black Hawk then if Chicago went with something else, but apparently I'd be arguing against descendants of the tribe, so...

Thing is, it was originally named after a military squad the original owner was in or something? I don't even know if switching to a military style logo would be an improvement.

Without any context it's still the best looking jersey in the league imo.

45 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Without any context it's still the best looking jersey in the league imo.

I concer.

(always like Chicago jerseys the best; but also was a Hull fan as a kid)

I feel like most of these jerseys someone just played around with changing the colors of old jerseys on MS Paint. So many are simply re-used styles with the color flipped. They should have done something way more unique for each team. Some way to honor the history and/or city.

I'll start with my two teams, Montreal and Columbus. I want to like Montreal, but I agree with those who are uneasy with so much blue making it feel too Leafsy. I would have rather put the normal red shoulders on the white with blue strip jersey they've done before. Columbus... that's probably the worst of the bunch. The white shoulder/sleeves is not a good look, and how are you going to make red the primary color for a team called the BLUE Jackets? Just terrible.

Some of the few I like are the Blues, Kings, Wild, and Capitals. I liked those red accents they used to have, and since "Blues" doesn't refer to the color, I'm ok with red being the primary color. I'm not normally a purple person, but I like the classic colors with the 90's logo. I like the nostalgia factor for the Wild with those colors. And I like that Capitals jersey style a lot more with the brighter red, white, and blue. The Ducks could have done a lot more with that logo than swap the colors. San Jose's is solid, since it's at least more than just flipping two colors.

Dallas and Detroit look like crappy practice jerseys. The Coyotes went with purple? The Islanders - what on earth is different about that jersey? And did they even change anything on the Rangers Lady Liberty jersey? 

3 hours ago, Trizzak said:

BTW here's the link to the jerseys for anyone looking for a quick reference: https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-reveals-adidas-reverse-retro-jerseys/c-319633384

Thank you for sharing that.

I’d only seen the Habs version originally.

Aside from Habs, I like in random:

Kings 

Wild

canes

buffalo

oilers

blues

As usual with Ottawa I can't get past the fact that they call themselves the Senators and their logo is a Centurion, or a Trojan condom advertisement