Reverse Retro Jersey Opinions

hockeyrealist

5 hours ago, Fanpuck33 said:

I feel like most of these jerseys someone just played around with changing the colors of old jerseys on MS Paint. So many are simply re-used styles with the color flipped.

Yes... hence the name reverse retro.  An old style with the colours flipped.

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

At least its our colour.

I want nothing to do with taking a colour weve never used off of thr Nordiques

The Expos powder blue would have had local/historical significance and honour a Montreal sports team

But regardless ... we disagree ... and I am fine with that ... totally get where you are cooming from

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

At least its our colour.

I want nothing to do with taking a colour weve never used off of thr Nordiques

Exactly, the blue harkens back to the very beginning of the franchise and I think it looks great. In total contrast, to the lame laughs effort😎

I love the Habs reverse retro. Personally don’t think it looks anywhere close to T-O ish because of the red, but hey that’s just my opinion.

I’d get one if I had the cash! Probably a Suzuki

I really like most of the other teams as well, I guess I like the aesthetic.

Other than the Habs my favourite are probably the kings, wild, and yes the YOTES 

I agree that it does’t resemble, or reminds me of the Leafs in any way. It’s more similar to Tampa Bay blue. I also agree that the logo itself remaining red was a smart call.

The jerseys are great.

9 hours ago, Commandant said:

Yes... hence the name reverse retro.  An old style with the colours flipped.

That's not at all the impression that name gave me. I was expecting them to be the opposite, or reverse (since it sounds cooler with the alliteration), of retro, meaning something completely new. 

56 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

That's not at all the impression that name gave me. I was expecting them to be the opposite, or reverse (since it sounds cooler with the alliteration), of retro, meaning something completely new. 

They’re supposed to be, in general, the reverse colour scheme of a retro jersey from a historically significant season in the franchise’s past. 

1 hour ago, Fanpuck33 said:

They have been marketed as the reverse colour scheme of one of the teams old jerseys if you watch the videos.  The habs teasers had 76 on the jerseys, not for subban but for 1976

They have been marketed as the reverse colour scheme of one of the teams old jerseys if you watch the videos.  The habs teasers had 76 on the jerseys, not for subban but for 1976

Making it the 3rd oldest throwback of the bunch. (Leafs, 1970 & Hawks, 1940)

10 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

They’re supposed to be, in general, the reverse colour scheme of a retro jersey from a historically significant season in the franchise’s past. 

In that case, the Jackets absolutely should have paid homage to an old minor league team, given their lack of history.  Use the Jackets name and colors on this classic Chill jersey design.

I am OUTRAGED that the Habs did not go with the "reverse barber pole" look!! 🤬Talk about a missed opportunity to induce seizures among TV viewers everywhere. Shame on this once-proud franchise.

image.png

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I am OUTRAGED that the Habs did not go with the "reverse barber pole" look!! 🤬Talk about a missed opportunity to induce seizures among TV viewers everywhere. Shame on this once-proud franchise.

image.png

Like nails on a chalkboard!

42 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

image.png

1912-1913 was a rather uneventful season in Habs history. The Quebec Bulldogs won the league, and the Habs ended in 4th, tied in points with the Ottawa Senators, and the Toronto Blueshirts (I’m sure a lot of people who dislike the Habs jersey will enjoy that name)

I also think if any Jersey resembles the Leafs, it’s that one. Look at those helmets.

No, your joke didn’t go over my head. 🙂

1 hour ago, DON said:

This white one? Not a fan of it either.

In the teens they had some fugley ones as well.

2_Habs_retro_jerseys.JPG

See the source image

Nice post!

I LOVE the white-with-blue stripe. In fact, if they went with that as their official "white" jersey, I would not object at all. It's one of the top hockey jerseys ever, IMHO.

The 1911-12 one above is intriguing. Did they roll that one out during the Centennial Year? I don't remember seeing it. Looks like a fun potential candidate for future use as an alternate (at some point).

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I LOVE the white-with-blue stripe. In fact, if they went with that as their official "white" jersey, I would not object at all. It's one of the top hockey jerseys ever, IMHO.

See the source imageThis one? I was gonna rant on how odd it was and what is with the white stripe. But, just my opinion and am sure all versions would appeal to someone.

I had em backwards. You meant same as BCHabNut.

3 hours ago, DON said:

This white one? Not a fan of it either.

In the teens they had some fugley ones as well.

2_Habs_retro_jerseys.JPG

See the source image

Super cool, thanks for sharing.

The white with diagonal stripe is growing on me, still not a fan of the barber pole though.

One point, too, is that back in the 1910s, the shape of the sweaters was much different because there was little bulky equipment under it. Look at Don's photos -- the barber pole is a slim-cut sweater, and it looks good with that cut!

• Upvote 1

The barber pole looks awesome in person.   I love mine

They look Terrible on TV though.

Interesting point.

Now that I think of that, a friend has that one and it did look cool in person. Def doesn’t translate to tv and not sure the old school brown gloves helped the look either.