Jump to content

Reverse Retro Jersey Opinions


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, hockeyrealist said:


Interesting point.

Now that I think of that, a friend has that one and it did look cool in person. Def doesn’t translate to tv and not sure the old school brown gloves helped the look either.

 

Never saw one in person, just on TV.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice post!   I LOVE the white-with-blue stripe. In fact, if they went with that as their official "white" jersey, I would not object at all. It's one of the top hockey jerseys ever, IMHO.

I'm 99% sure Lang suffered his season-ending injury that game. A critical blow to that team, almost as bad as losing Markov.   We really did not get the luck we needed in the Centennial Year

BTW here's the link to the jerseys for anyone looking for a quick reference: https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-reveals-adidas-reverse-retro-jerseys/c-319633384

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Wasn't that game also cursed? I recall at least one long term injury happened... Robert Lang?

I have a feeling that 2 of  Lang, Latendresse and Tanguay went down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

I have a feeling that 2 of  Lang, Latendresse and Tanguay went down.

Latendresse

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Hey, I was still playing with brown-leather goalie pads (and horse-hair padding!) maybe 20 years ago!


and looking amazing I’d reckon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DON said:

See the source imageThis one? I was gonna rant on how odd it was and what is with the white stripe. But, just my opinion and am sure all versions would appeal to someone.

I had em backwards. You meant same as BCHabNut.

 

Yeah, the jersey I was praising as one of the all-time best hockey jerseys is the white jersey from 1944-47. http://hockeybydesign.com/2020/06/worst-to-first-jerseys-montreal-canadiens/

 

image.png

 

I would get rid of the Habs' current white jerseys and go with that as our full-time white road jersey. It's simply magnificent.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

I have a feeling that 2 of  Lang, Latendresse and Tanguay went down.

 

I'm 99% sure Lang suffered his season-ending injury that game. A critical blow to that team, almost as bad as losing Markov.

 

We really did not get the luck we needed in the Centennial Year, and clearly the barber-pole jerseys are to blame.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyways, glad topic came up, other wise would just be crickets on here.:thumbs_up:

I still don't think any big changes needed to Habs jersey, maybe a tweek or two for the home & away versions would be fine and will happen; but, can skip on any special occasion one.

 

If gonna start early Jan, I imagine training camp will need to start by mid-Dec. or sooner eh?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, DON said:

Anyways, glad topic came up, other wise would just be crickets on here.:thumbs_up:

I still don't think any big changes needed to Habs jersey, maybe a tweek or two for the home & away versions would be fine and will happen; but, can skip on any special occasion one.

 

If gonna start early Jan, I imagine training camp will need to start by mid-Dec. or sooner eh?


yeah, agreed. This topic spun into some cool info and ideas.

Timeline you mention makes sense and hard to see them getting to that point in time.

and after Xmas holidays, I fear the COVID situation will only be worse.
I have been wrong plenty of times so for the sake of hockey and life in general I hope I am wrong again on that one.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

Yeah, the jersey I was praising as one of the all-time best hockey jerseys is the white jersey from 1944-47. http://hockeybydesign.com/2020/06/worst-to-first-jerseys-montreal-canadiens/

 

image.png

 

I would get rid of the Habs' current white jerseys and go with that as our full-time white road jersey. It's simply magnificent.


That’s a cool read, thanks for linking.

I do like that jersey as well, a lot more than the similar one with the white “C” in the logo (seems to wash it out).

That red, green one is kind of cool too, in that it is so different than the usual.  Could be a cool jersey for a St. Patrick’s day game, maybe paired with green pants and helmets or something.

could be sacrilegious to mess with the colours like that tho haha.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, DON said:

Anyways, glad topic came up, other wise would just be crickets on here.:thumbs_up:

I still don't think any big changes needed to Habs jersey, maybe a tweek or two for the home & away versions would be fine and will happen; but, can skip on any special occasion one.

 

If gonna start early Jan, I imagine training camp will need to start by mid-Dec. or sooner eh?

 

Lehtonen (the finnish defenceman the Leafs signed last year) was just released from his KHL contract and is headed to Toronto. 

 

Another sign that camps will be opening soon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

Yeah, the jersey I was praising as one of the all-time best hockey jerseys is the white jersey from 1944-47. http://hockeybydesign.com/2020/06/worst-to-first-jerseys-montreal-canadiens/

 

image.png

 

I would get rid of the Habs' current white jerseys and go with that as our full-time white road jersey. It's simply magnificent.

That the one I like as well. I dont know why. I think ots nicer than any jersey. Including current.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

Yeah, the jersey I was praising as one of the all-time best hockey jerseys is the white jersey from 1944-47. http://hockeybydesign.com/2020/06/worst-to-first-jerseys-montreal-canadiens/

 

image.png

 

I would get rid of the Habs' current white jerseys and go with that as our full-time white road jersey. It's simply magnificent.

I agree - I’d love this as the away jersey. I bought it just recently - it’s fantastic - none better imho. 
 

Ps I didn’t get a number or name on it - I’m struggling with which one to go with. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, revvvrob said:

I agree - I’d love this as the away jersey. I bought it just recently - it’s fantastic - none better imho. 
 

Ps I didn’t get a number or name on it - I’m struggling with which one to go with. 

 

 I will help, go with #14, i think the kid will be a Hab for awhile.:popcorn:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, revvvrob said:

I agree - I’d love this as the away jersey. I bought it just recently - it’s fantastic - none better imho. 
 

Ps I didn’t get a number or name on it - I’m struggling with which one to go with. 

 

My advice on this is always the same: go with a retired player. (I have Harvey and Morenz jerseys at home, LOL, but that might be a bit extreme; although the Morenz one is a nice way to separate the real fans from the lightweights).

 

Picking a retired guy removes any danger of the guy getting traded, having scandals or battles with coach/management, suffering a career-compromising injury, etc. DO NOT go with any young player - too much risk of ending up with a jersey that just seems silly in retrospect. Who is really proud of their KOMISAREK or DOMI jersey today?

 

The only one from the current group that, to my mind, is absolutely risk-free is #31. No matter what happens with him going forward, he will always be a legend and a guaranteed Hall of Famer. That jersey will never lose its appeal.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, revvvrob said:

I agree - I’d love this as the away jersey. I bought it just recently - it’s fantastic - none better imho. 
 

Ps I didn’t get a number or name on it - I’m struggling with which one to go with. 

 

I went with #9 (no name) on mine.... as they didn't have names on the jerseys in the 1940s when it was worn.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

My advice on this is always the same: go with a retired player. (I have Harvey and Morenz jerseys at home, LOL, but that might be a bit extreme; although the Morenz one is a nice way to separate the real fans from the lightweights).

 

Picking a retired guy removes any danger of the guy getting traded, having scandals or battles with coach/management, suffering a career-compromising injury, etc. DO NOT go with any young player - too much risk of ending up with a jersey that just seems silly in retrospect. Who is really proud of their KOMISAREK or DOMI jersey today?

 

The only one from the current group that, to my mind, is absolutely risk-free is #31. No matter what happens with him going forward, he will always be a legend and a guaranteed Hall of Famer. That jersey will never lose its appeal.


Well said.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DON said:

 

 I will help, go with #14, i think the kid will be a Hab for awhile.:popcorn:


I hope so, I also thought MaxPac would retire Or at least remain as a hab longer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Commandant said:

 

I went with #9 (no name) on mine.... as they didn't have names on the jerseys in the 1940s when it was worn.


Classy touch.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

My advice on this is always the same: go with a retired player. (I have Harvey and Morenz jerseys at home, LOL, but that might be a bit extreme; although the Morenz one is a nice way to separate the real fans from the lightweights).

 

Picking a retired guy removes any danger of the guy getting traded, having scandals or battles with coach/management, suffering a career-compromising injury, etc. DO NOT go with any young player - too much risk of ending up with a jersey that just seems silly in retrospect. Who is really proud of their KOMISAREK or DOMI jersey today?

 

The only one from the current group that, to my mind, is absolutely risk-free is #31. No matter what happens with him going forward, he will always be a legend and a guaranteed Hall of Famer. That jersey will never lose its appeal.


I bought a Weber jersey. Perfectly fine with it. I will likely buy the reverse jersey but am thinking of placing my own name on it since I already have the Weber jersey. Not finalized though. I might go with an actual player. I think Gallagher would look nice! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

My advice on this is always the same: go with a retired player. (I have Harvey and Morenz jerseys at home, LOL, but that might be a bit extreme; although the Morenz one is a nice way to separate the real fans from the lightweights).

 

Picking a retired guy removes any danger of the guy getting traded, having scandals or battles with coach/management, suffering a career-compromising injury, etc. DO NOT go with any young player - too much risk of ending up with a jersey that just seems silly in retrospect. Who is really proud of their KOMISAREK or DOMI jersey today?

 

The only one from the current group that, to my mind, is absolutely risk-free is #31. No matter what happens with him going forward, he will always be a legend and a guaranteed Hall of Famer. That jersey will never lose its appeal.

You have a point.

I would then have to go with #19.

See the source image

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a jersey collector so I have a lot

Blue C (2009) - Plekanec

Barbershop - Markov (with A)
Vintage CCM with 1993 Stanley cup playoffs patch - Roy

Classic Blue Blanc et Rouge (4) - Weber (with C), Subban, Price, Domi
Centennial Classic (Ottawa Outdoor game) - Drouin
White Home - #4 with a Captain's C, but no name for Mr. Beliveau who played the majority of his career with No Name on his jersey.... (only his last season had them)
Blue stripe White jersey (40s version) - #9 No name.  I messed this one up though, I got a captain's C on the front, I shouldn't have as he didn't get the C til after the jersey was discontinued. 
CA jersey 1916 - Cammalleri (with A)
Christmas Tree Red and Green - Gionta (with A, by the time he got the C, they stopped using it)
Winter Classic (Boston Game) - Pacioretty (with C)

75th anniversary NHL (1991-92) - Patrick Roy (this one was grade 6, so no longer fits lol)

I'm definitely getting a reverse retro... Probably Suzuki.

 

I've also got some Team Canada Jerseys with Subban (2009 World Junior 3rd), Weber (2014 Olympics Black), Price (2014 Olympics Red), Doughty (2010 Olympics), Mario Lemieux (2002 Olympics Black), Subban (2014 Olympics white), 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Commandant said:

I'm a jersey collector so I have a lot

Blue C (2009) - Plekanec

Barbershop - Markov (with A)
Vintage CCM with 1993 Stanley cup playoffs patch - Roy

Classic Blue Blanc et Rouge (4) - Weber (with C), Subban, Price, Domi
Centennial Classic (Ottawa Outdoor game) - Drouin
White Home - #4 with a Captain's C, but no name for Mr. Beliveau who played the majority of his career with No Name on his jersey.... (only his last season had them)
Blue stripe White jersey (40s version) - #9 No name.  I messed this one up though, I got a captain's C on the front, I shouldn't have as he didn't get the C til after the jersey was discontinued. 
CA jersey 1916 - Cammalleri (with A)
Christmas Tree Red and Green - Gionta (with A, by the time he got the C, they stopped using it)
Winter Classic (Boston Game) - Pacioretty (with C)

75th anniversary NHL (1991-92) - Patrick Roy (this one was grade 6, so no longer fits lol)

I'm definitely getting a reverse retro... Probably Suzuki.

 

I've also got some Team Canada Jerseys with Subban (2009 World Junior 3rd), Weber (2014 Olympics Black), Price (2014 Olympics Red), Doughty (2010 Olympics), Mario Lemieux (2002 Olympics Black), Subban (2014 Olympics white), 

 

 

Now I understand the "NERD!!!!" ... LOL

 

That is an impressive collection ... kudos

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...