Just a thought...

Trizzak

I was reading a thread at hockeysfuture that I liked, and I want to share the idea here.

Temporarily put Begin on the second line with Ribs and Ryder.

He has a hot hand, and he really adds that jolt of leadership to the second line that Ryder, Ribiero, or the other candidates in the revolving door spot on LW don't have. He'll crash the net, dig in corners (might even inspire Ryder to do it more,) and with Ribs setting him and Ryder up he'd easily surpass all career highs he's had. Plus, he's actually developed a bit of a shot lately.

Though I'd like Perez or Zednik to have that LW spot, I think this is a worthy experiment. This also coincides with Bonk being injured, and I'd like to see Higgins and/or Pleks given a shot at the third line.

So....

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev

Begin - Ribiero - Ryder

Bulis - Plekanec - Sundstrom

Perez - Higgins - Dags or Dandy

or something.

any thoughts?

I love that Idea. Why not he does have the hot hand and although Dags may have helped out with some screens on two of our goals last night Begin could do all that and more. And whos to say if Begin did get the chance he may put up some consistant numbers.

Originally posted by Trizzak

I was reading a thread at hockeysfuture that I liked, and I want to share the idea here.

Temporarily put Begin on the second line with Ribs and Ryder.

He has a hot hand, and he really adds that jolt of leadership to the second line that Ryder, Ribiero, or the other candidates in the revolving door spot on LW don't have. He'll crash the net, dig in corners (might even inspire Ryder to do it more,) and with Ribs setting him and Ryder up he'd easily surpass all career highs he's had. Plus, he's actually developed a bit of a shot lately.

Though I'd like Perez or Zednik to have that LW spot, I think this is a worthy experiment. This also coincides with Bonk being injured, and I'd like to see Higgins and/or Pleks given a shot at the third line.

So....

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev

Begin - Ribiero - Ryder

Bulis - Plekanec - Sundstrom

Perez - Higgins - Dags or Dandy

or something.

any thoughts?

Where did you find that 'thread' on hockeysfuture.com?

As to the suggestion, it sounds like it's worth a try. Don't know how it'll affect the other dynamics of the 4 lines but, for now, if it's temporary, sure.

Originally posted by Trizzak

Interesting... when I did eventually find what I think to be the section about which you are talking, I noticed, at the top of the page called "Go Habs Go! Discuss the tricolore's latest games", the following:

"Here are the video summaries of the game from www.canadiens.com:"

Now, I know that it's a link to the canadiens home page but it's still another way to get replays of the game. :D

Umm... you left Bonk out of those lines.

Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev

Begin-Ribeiro-Ryder

Bulis-Bonk-Plekanec

Perezhogin-Higgins-Sundstrom

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

keep Begin on the 4th. He has played that role his whole career and up till this point. He's effective with that amount of ice-time...

Agreed,..also this 4th line context of his also leave's him with the energy required for the many shifts members of the power killing line must play this year....at which he more than excells at.

Its nice to think thought, that in case of injuries, Begin would probably be up to keep the second line rolling pretty good....otherwise Perezhogin is the man waiting in the wing.

but if begin is on the 2nd line (which mean lots of ice time) and that we NEED him on PK (which means a LOT of ice time too coz there's a lot of penalties in every game... then bégin will be VERY tired :S we better keep him as it is now~ we need a 100% bégin so please dunt abuse his energy ;)

Originally posted by The-Habby2919

Umm... you left Bonk out of those lines.

Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev

Begin-Ribeiro-Ryder

Bulis-Bonk-Plekanec

Perezhogin-Higgins-Sundstrom

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

I left Bonk out because he is currently injured. I also left out Riatus Ivanans.

Originally posted by PB

Agreed,..also this 4th line context of his also leave's him with the energy required for the many shifts members of the power killing line must play this year....at which he more than excells at.  

Its nice to think thought, that in case of injuries, Begin would probably be up to keep the second line rolling pretty good....otherwise Perezhogin is the man waiting in the wing.

I great point. I suppose I'll have to wait until the Habs start keeping their 5 on 3's down to once every few games instead of twice a game.

Nop... dont underestimate the 3rd Line and 4th... with the kind of hockey we have now a 3 goal margin is nothing anymore Thats when we need a fresh and not tired Begin to defend the lead... if Boing is on the third I can agree in having swift mixes putting Begin with Ryder and Rib... but Only to an extent we dont tire the Begin bunny!:hlogo:

[Edited on 2005/11/2 by CoRvInA]

i wouldnt mind seeing begin on the third line.

i would rather have either higgins, plekanec, or perezhogin on that wing though. If we keep Begin on the third line, that will give us a more spread out offence, but i do like the idea of Begin teaching Ryder to go into the corners.

i would rather have either higgins, plekanec, or perezhogin on that wing though. If we keep Begin on the third line, that will give us a more spread out offence, but i do like the idea of Begin teaching Ryder to go into the corners.

So pretty much, you're switching Bégin and Dags. Bégin is a grinder, not a scorer. Sure he has 5 goals on the 4thbut doesn't mean he's a scoring machine. He doesn't belong on a second line.

Yeah I wouldn't want to burn the guy out. The reason why he has been scoring is not becuase he goes into the game trying to score, it's because he goes into the game with a set goal which is to do whatever it takes to help the team win. Other guys are probably thinking I need to get my stats up to stay on the roster, to not look bad, to get a btter contract etc. But Begin knows his role, and that is defense. He knows that whatever else he does asside from his role is just icing onthe cake. Him and Koivu are the only guys I see on the team that I can say for sure have that 'do whatever it takes' mentality. Koivu is our offensive spark, Begin is our defensive spark. Let's keep it that way and not put too much pressure on him.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

So pretty much, you're switching Bégin and Dags. Bégin is a grinder, not a scorer. Sure he has 5 goals on the 4thbut doesn't mean he's a scoring machine. He doesn't belong on a second line.

Hey, I've never been a fan of Dags on the fourth. However, I do see good reasons to move Begin to the second line for 2 or 3 games. He'd defensively reliable, and since Dags, Ribs, and Ryder are a combined - 17 (approx) the second line could use some defensive awareness.