Game Thread | Montréal vs. Buffalo | 05.11.05

bombTHEice

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie
Originally posted by shortcat1

did you know the fact that a penalized player returns to the ice after the opposition scores a power play goal on his team comes from the 1950's. before that, the player stayed in for the whole two minutes, no matter what happened. That change was made in order to stop the 1950's Canadiens from scoring so many multiple goals in a single power play.

Ha my dad told me that like 5 years ago. When you said that about the Oilers I remembered it.

Anyway are you sure it was the 50s Canadiens? I always thought it was the 70s or 80s habs.

Nope, it was the 50's. Didn't they once score something like 3 goals during the same 2 minute PP?

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's the new fan-favourite. I bet you he messed up a play right now he'd be booed for the rest of the season.

Just like K-REX. Lays out a player then Buffalo comes back and scores. Always the way on the big hits. Seen Blake in Colorado get beat after he does a big hit.

[Edited on 2005/11/6 by Howie_Morenz]

Originally posted by dark_faerie87

did you know the fact that a penalized player returns to the ice after the opposition scores a power play goal on his team comes from the 1950's. before that, the player stayed in for the whole two minutes, no matter what happened. That change was made in order to stop the 1950's Canadiens from scoring so many multiple goals in a single power play.

Ha my dad told me that like 5 years ago. When you said that about the Oilers I remembered it.

Anyway are you sure it was the 50s Canadiens? I always thought it was the 70s or 80s habs.

Nope, it was the 50's. Didn't they once score something like 3 goals during the same 2 minute PP?

could be... we'd have to check nhl records... "What's the greatest number of goals scored in the same two-minute penalty?"

i bet it would get rid of alot of useless players in the league....domi, tucker, kilger....nah keep them on le laffs :lol:

Originally posted by dinamo

anybody else feel nervous with theo in net these days?

He's played a great game.

That's what I've gathered as well. How did he look on the two goals though?

didn't really notice..

could be... we'd have to check nhl records... "What's the greatest number of goals scored in the same two-minute penalty?"

I'm sure my dadsaid Guy Lafleur was on that team. He didn't follow hockey in the 50s so it's probably in the 70s.

Originally posted by dinamo

anybody else feel nervous with theo in net these days?

He's played a great game.

That's what I've gathered as well. How did he look on the two goals though?

just doesn't seem to be his dominant old self

announcers are saying that with bulis gone and bégin sick, the defense work seems to be done more and more by the 1st line

the sabres are pushing and pushing for the tying goal... push 'em back boys, push 'em way back!

it's almost as if, at the moment, that the habs are playing a survival game.

as soon as biron comes out.... oooffff

I'm sure my dadsaid Guy Lafleur was on that team. He didn't follow hockey in the 50s so it's probably in the 70s.

Nope nope nopers!

"We had a great power play. They changed the rule (allowing the penalized player to return after a power-play goal) in 1957 because of one penalty against Boston, I got three goals in 44 seconds. I think Terry Sawchuk was in the net." - http://www.nhl.com/intheslot/read/iceicons...veau/index.html

Originally posted by simonus

i think he hurt his shoulder in the 1st.

damn, Bonk out Begin sick and Bulis injured -- that's no good at all...