Game Thread | Montréal vs. Buffalo | 05.11.05

bombTHEice

What can I say -- Habs Rock!

winning close games means we have turned the corner, no more fighting for as playoff spot (except in the world according to TorontoSportsNetwork, oh, and in Stalker Dino Sisto's sick mind).

We are coming into a place among the league's elite team, we just have to keep doing what we are doing -- but is the collateral damage (fans' heart failure) worth it?

Everyone, start taking an asprin a day, cos' it's a long road a windin' to the land of our dreams.

Go Habs Go!!!

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie
Originally posted by shortcat1

i don't know if this was mentioned already but the senators won 6 - 0. that's some domination.

Props to us for nearly beating them twice.

no kidding... we gave them a good run for their money... they only won the second due to the number of penalties we had and some errors in our zone. these things may very likely be improved as the season goes on.

florida lost another one 2 - 0... what a season so far for luongo... he doesn't seem to have much in front of him

Jokinen can't carry the team, they need another playmaker i think.

Ha.. pretty sad. Detroit gets their second loss to Pheonix of all teams.

might very well be the popping of a balloon, you know... their record so far was fantastic and fantastic is what it was

Originally posted by VaughanHabfan

Am I ever glad that game is finally over. That was too close.:o

yes, I know... with about a second to go, a buffalo raised his hands to indicate a goal so a shot must have come awfully close to going in.

That was actually because the rebound went flying up in the air and he tried catching the puck with his hand.

Anyways it was a pretty good game. I like the close ones :D lol. (When we win =/.)

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

florida lost another one 2 - 0... what a season so far for luongo... he doesn't seem to have much in front of him

Jokinen can't carry the team, they need another playmaker i think.

jokinen was a great disappointment for LA. he just couldn't get going. looks like he's now living up to his pre-draft hype. i think he was picked 3rd overall in his draft year.

3000... hmmm.... somewhat of a gabby frog fozzy's fan is. :)

[Edited on 2005/11/6 by shortcat1]

might very well be the popping of a balloon, you know... their record so far was fantastic and fantastic is what it was

As long as the air stays in Montreals balloon I will be happy. Glad we had a 2 goal lead for a while it really helpd.

jokinen was a great disappointment for LA. he just couldn't get going. looks like he's now living up to his pre-draft hype. i think he was picked 3rd overall in his draft year.

yeah I remember somebody saying we probably could have picked Jokinen up in 2002 for next to nothing.

Staying on the topic of Finns, doesn't Saku's brother Mikko make his NHL debut tonight with Minnesota?

[Edited on 6-11-05 by JeanLucPilon]

yeah I remember somebody saying we probably could have picked Jokinen up in 2002 for next to nothing.

Staying on the topic of Finns, doesn't Saku's brother Mikko make his NHL debut tonight with Minnesota?

Hm, maybe. I know he's been injured all this season so far. Not sure if he's expected to be back for tonight though. I do wish him all the best though.

Originally posted by tommy9

Enough stress tonite! Good night to all you over the Atlantic (& all Asia continent for Jean Luc :) ). Sweet winning dreams and see you by the next Habs match! ;)

good morning noon or night to all, see you next game!

:ghg:

Originally posted by dark_faerie87

"Staying on the topic of Finns, doesn't Saku's brother Mikko make his NHL debut tonight with Minnesota?"

Hm, maybe. I know he's been injured all this season so far. Not sure if he's expected to be back for tonight though. I do wish him all the best though.

I think it's tonight:

Mikko Debut

Wow I hope he has a great night, I'd bet Saku will be watching/listening!

"Staying on the topic of Finns, doesn't Saku's brother Mikko make his NHL debut tonight with Minnesota?"

I think it's tonight:

Mikko Debut

Wow I hope he has a great night, I'd bet Saku will be watching/listening!

Sounds like it! Good luck to the kid:clap:

HW Game Prediction: 6-1

Actual Game Score: 3-2

Right in the ballpark.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: you a funny man, bth

Man?

well, by your question, i'm either inappropriate or incorrect. :eyes:

maybe you consider yourself too young to be called a 'man'. :eyes: :eyes:

maybe you consider yourself too female to be called a 'man'. :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

maybe you consider yourself too inhuman to be called a 'man'. :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: ;)

Man?

maybe you consider yourself too female to be called a 'man'. :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

maybe you consider yourself too inhuman to be called a 'man'. :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: ;)

Teeheehee, yay for androgyny! I'm not alone (unless of course the reason is not the third point...)!

[Edited on 2005/11/6 by dark_faerie87]

not to quibble, but 3rd loss. They've lost to Vancouver and Phoenix, but also lost to edmonton in OT.

Originally posted by simonus

not to quibble, but 3rd loss. They've lost to Vancouver and Phoenix, but also lost to edmonton in OT.

Speaking of Vancouver, they lost too, so now we're the 2nd best team in the league, the best in the East and the best in Canada! Or at least until Ottawa plays it's two catch-up games...

Originally posted by tommy9
Originally posted by dinamo

tommy....are you going to go to Germany in '06?

... for sure! When we crash the Norwegians now! :D

We will be:)

Van Basten sends all his love back to you.

But don't worry tommy! Norwegian doesnt have such a great team as the Czech. You will make it!

"Goede Nacht" to you to ;)

Man?

Teeheehee, yay for androgyny! I'm not alone (unless of course the reason is not the third point...)!

Point number 2 of course.

[Edited on 2005/11/6 by dark_faerie87]