Game Thread | Montréal vs. Buffalo | 05.11.05

bombTHEice

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Olivier Michaud! He's like our 4th string goalie. He has no chance of getting NHL duty this season So hoping is pointless.

Who's our 3rd stringer?

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was Mr. Michaud who was called up after Doug Gilmour became good friends with Varada. As a result Michaud got to see 18' of NHL action on a west coast road trip in relief of Mathieu Garon. Just kidding hé. Michaud is a decent goalie, don't expect him to crack the lineup one day.

Originally posted by shortcat1

Olivier Michaud! He's like our 4th string goalie. He has no chance of getting NHL duty this season So hoping is pointless.

Who's our 3rd stringer?

Theo

Huet

Danis

Price

Michaud

Halak

Heino-Lindberg

That's our goalies in order of talent right now. But it's true that if Theo got injured right now, Michaud would be Danis' back-up.

Hey gang, I see by shortcat1 's last post the score has already been auctioned off. RATS! I never got to bid.

My feeling for tonight is another of those wins that just make me want to fall off the couch again. Third period, 45 second left Ryder gets the winning goal to make it 2-1 Montreal. And of course it will be a power play goal.:)

Like so many of you have already posted earlier, habs have to stay out of the penalty box. Buffalo has scored at least one PP goal in their last seven games, going 14 for 46 (30,4%). Last saturday they scored 4 PP goals in 1 game against the Islanders. They are 18 for 89 (20,2%) on the season.

Sorry for a of-topic, but few seconds ago finished maybe the most thrilled shoot-out of the season so far. Rangers has win in SO-sudenn death by goal of rookie Petr Prucha. The decision has Jaromir Jagr at the stand 1-1 before, but his final penalty shot ended on the post. Jamie Langenbrunner missed than and "our" younster Prucha was the happiest after that! :)

I remember a few years ago we played a double-header for Buffalo. In the first game they injured Hackett, in the second they injured Theo. I was at that game. Lucky they don't have Varada (the injurer) anymore. Actually Theo got injured when he wandered out of the net to get a loose puck and got knee-on kneed (attempt to injure). So Theo, I speak for us all when I say STAY IN YOUR NET!

And then Doug Gilmour flew after Varada with a knee/knee hit that took him out...I remember that game well.

Sellout crowd sees Sundstrom get winner

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051...?tbd1012624.asp

By JOHN VOGL

News Sports Reporter

11/5/2005

...Yann Denis was spelling Habs starting goalie Jose Theodore, who will start tonight. It was the sixth time in 13 games the Sabres had faced a team's backup goalie.

I didn't know Yann's related to former Chicoutimi goalie Marc Denis. Come on, Daniel Markov, Yann Denis. You make a living out of this, no?

After watching our 4th line go to town last night, mainly because they hustle and have the speed to boot, I was wondering if in the "new" NHL, the old 4th line has any true meaning anymore.

When the game was slow with clutch and grab tactics, no 2 line pass etc., a team needed a 4th line to muck it up out on the ice. But now that everything is wide open, I'd prefer to just roll 3 scoring lines in addition to the "defensive line" (in our case, Bulis, Bonk and Sunny).

Any takers? It just seems like a lot of our success could be attributed to these young fast guys who as a 4th line have proven to be a headache for the opposition.

Originally posted by mathieug

By JOHN VOGL  

News Sports Reporter

11/5/2005

...Yann Denis was spelling Habs starting goalie Jose Theodore, who will start tonight. It was the sixth time in 13 games the Sabres had faced a team's backup goalie.  

I didn't know Yann's related to former Chicoutimi goalie Marc Denis. Come on, Daniel Markov, Yann Denis. You make a living out of this, no?

Haha. The Buffalo News Sports section is a joke. My dad sent me their hockey preview and they had Buffalo finishing 2nd behind Ottawa, and placed the Canadiens 4th in the division.

But they did write a good series of articles bashing the Sabres management, saying that they scare away big name players because they treat their stars horribly.*COUGH*haseklafontainegilmour*COUGH

Let's hope for another W tonight!

:ghg:

Julien said he'll play more the young players tonight. I wonder if we'll see those lines tonight:

Perezhogin-Koivu-Kovalev

Plekanec-Ribeiro-Ryder

Bulis-Begin-Sundstrom

Dagenais-Higgins-Zednik

:ghg:

Originally posted by mathieug

By JOHN VOGL  

News Sports Reporter

11/5/2005

Hahaha, oh man, I know what you mean. I got so mad when I heard the commentators call him Daniel during the highlights!