leafarazzi

Leafs Suck

Those who do not live in Ontario, especially the Greater Toronto area, you wouldn't understand how pathetic and disgusting the leaf media (aka the leafarazzi) is.

TSN, Sportsnet, CBC, and The Score are the four main sports broadcasters in this area and all are leaf shrills.

Sportsnet today proclaimed the sub .500 Leafs have "legitimate chance at the Stanley Cup". We as habs fans might have a jaded point of view of the Leafs but to call them a Cup contender is extremely stupid. However, that is what the Leaf media is all about. They have signs around the city for Sportsnet that says "Game Over. Leafs Lead"... They cannot control their love for the blue and white. Neither can TSN with idiots like Healy, McGuire, Reda and Hodge working for them. They have no journalistic integrity; they either cannot control their love for the leaf or their hatred for the Habs. The Score is not as upfront, because they cover alot of other sports, but when they get talking on the Leafs they suck-hole around them something awful.

Look at some of the personalities working of those 3 networks. Healy, Kyproes, Watters, Stelleck, Bayek, Vaive, etc... Either ex-Leaf players or current broadcasters. Button used to work for the, now he's a leaf. Same with Greg Millen.

The CBC is 100% different. Those networks are private and can do what they want (despite the fact they try and act unbias) but the is a national disgrace. They care more about profit and what’s best for Toronto than the rest of the country. As someone who lives just outside Toronto and has a real negative viewpoint of the city, it comes as no surprise that there is so much hatred for it and the CBC from all over Canada. For those who don't know, the CBC is taxpayer funded. And like I have pointed out before, 32 million people live in this country. About 27 million of them NOT in Toronto yet the CBC feels it's necessary to suck hole around the Leaf. As it was pointed out in another thread, even some members of the Toronto media have become embarrassed with the CBC's nauseating pro-Toronto broadcasting. The Pied Piper of the Idiot Nation, Don Cherry, is an admitted racist and is proud of it. He has been discriminating against non-English speaking Canadians for decades yet is viewed as a hero in the eyes of the leaf. Why? Because he is a Leaf fan. So Leaf fans will accept racism and bigotry as long as you cheer along with them? What kind of deal is that? Leaf fans should be embarrassed by Cherry, not embracing him.

Another thing I have against the Leaf media is they don't know hockey. Canada is home to three excellent hockey teams this year, Ottawa, Montreal and Vancouver yet the Leaf gets all the attention. These people know nothing about the game and do not appreciate great teams and great players. More proof is the fact Toronto is the lead headline on the TSN page tonight, not the 1st or 2nd place Senators. Nope, the 9th place Leafs. They vilified poor Alexander Perehozgin, and still do to this day, for his bonehead slash on Stafford yet DEFENDED Domi when he elbowed Niedermayer.

I am sure my good buddy moe will have something to add to this thread. Like I said, this is more of a rant from me. I'm just someone who is tired of the pro-Leaf media.

[Edited on 2005/11/6 by Leafs Suck]

That's a very healthy rant... it's probably good for at least 1200 calories! :)

More evidence about the leafarazzi:

"could we be seeing the Leafs' first rookie of the year since Brit Selby in 1966?"

Refering to Steen. In a year that features several future superstars (Crosby, Ovechkin, Carter, Phanauef) fighting for the 05/06 Calder, the leafarazzi overrates Steen and proclaims him a Calder favourite.

Please note that Crosby is averaging over a point per game (Last rookies to do that was in 92/93, am I correct?) and is on pace for 105 points. Unbelieveable for a kid born in 19-friggin-87.

All valid points, Leafs Suck. I'd hate to think that this situation keeps you up at night. Leaf fans and their shills are to be pitied (and ocassionally, ridiculed), not hated. To define oneself primarily as a Leafs-hater (as opposed to a Habs fan) gives more ammunition to the all-to-prevalent mentality in our area of the world, that everything revolves around the Leafs. To reject that doctrine is to ignore its result.

fun fact for the day:

after his super hot start where he was tied for the lead in scoring with 15, Bryan McCabe has fallen just a tad bit.

He has scored just one point since and is now a cumulative -6. Give him the Norris!

Great post/thread LS. I hope this thread sheds light on the cockroach like leaf media throughout the year. People need to fight fascism wherever they see it. case in point, Argentina and the anti-bush rally (not anti-America, anti-W).

Same goes for the hated leaf and their megaphone media. Most Canadians don't hate Toronto or its citizens, we hate stupid elf and the shilling engine that drives them rabid and ruins the respect our game deserves.

There are so many examples of leaf bias that it is difficult to keep up with the idiots that spew it.

Take the so-marketed HHoF game. WTF? do HHoF inductees have to do with the leaf and being showcased at a leaf game? Absolutely nothing. What has Cam Neely ever done in Toronto? Zip. The cbc/hnic have usurped the nhl and will jackboot everything they can in the name of the leaf. It gets worse because this AM the leafarazzi claimed that the HHoFers in attendance stood up to cheer supposed future HHoFer sundin. That is a propagated lie. The Nazis did this kind of cr@p. German citizens barely had a choice but to toe the Reich line. Same goes for elf.

I have much, much more to say on this topic and with the freedom of speech allowed here I hope to illuminate, educate and instigate.

[Edited on 2005/11/6 by ~moeman]

Leaf fans and Toronto media JUST SUCK!

I like some of the guys on the Leafs like Sundin, and the young guys. They are not the problem in Toronto and will not join in the chorus that they are contenders. do they have a chance to go all the way? Just as much as 29 other teams as we are thinking the same thing here. A winning streak before the playoffs, hot goaltending you never know.

As pathetic and stupid Toronto Media and the Leaf fans are you just have to ignore the media. I had to do this with 90% of Canadian and USA publications as they are all SPIN.

LS, maybe blog this thread.

~~~

If anyone needed any further proof that cbc/hnic was nothing but a leaf grinding machine see last night's pre-game leaf bj. Who did the hnic production crew decide to pedestal last night? No other than the vile slug domi. They start the show with a bunch of young women screaming his name, then mclame and the resident bigot get all moist about the slug. Sickening.

LS mentioned SNazi (aka sportsnet) taking shots at the Habs. stellick (worked for the tml during the dark 'under the rafters' days) and kypreos had nothing so they decided to laugh at the Habs 'six' jerseys. WTF?

I've been their kids. The leafarazzi knows its mealticket is pathetic so instead of concentrating on hockey and the OTHER 29 teams, they will find corn in the leaf sh!t before they do a professional job of reporting the good/great things happening in our game. The night DET won a Stanley Cup they did not even discuss the SC win, they went straight to a story about cujo leaving the CotU. That bit them in their biased asses as he left town and threw them a 'see you in June'. They then turned on him because he was no longer a leaf. Same goes for owen nolan. He was lauded as a Staney Cup saviour. Then pfffttt. Now he's persona non grata. No need to wonder why.

Originally posted by ~moeman

Great post/thread LS. I hope this thread sheds light on the cockroach like leaf media throughout the year. People need to fight fascism wherever they see it. case in point, Argentina and the anti-bush rally (not anti-America, anti-W).

Same goes for the hated leaf and their megaphone media. Most Canadians don't hate Toronto or its citizens, we hate stupid elf and the shilling engine that drives them rabid and ruins the respect our game deserves.

There are so many examples of leaf bias that it is difficult to keep up with the idiots that spew it.

Take the so-marketed HHoF game. WTF? do HHoF inductees have to do with the leaf and being showcased at a leaf game? Absolutely nothing. What has Cam Neely ever done in Toronto? Zip. The cbc/hnic have usurped the nhl and will jackboot everything they can in the name of the leaf. It gets worse because this AM the leafarazzi claimed that the HHoFers in attendance stood up to cheer supposed future HHoFer sundin. That is a propagated lie. The Nazis did this kind of cr@p. German citizens barely had a choice but to toe the Reich line. Same goes for elf.

I have much, much more to say on this topic and with the freedom of speech allowed here I hope to illuminate, educate and instigate.

[Edited on 2005/11/6 by ~moeman]

Wow. The rhetoric is getting hotter. I wouldn't want to get on your bad side... but I'll risk it anyway...

Now we're calling Leafs media 'fascists', comparing them to the Nazis, and saying the 'rabid' fans barely have a choice. It's amazing that I've stayed a Montreal fan all these years in the face of this onslaught!

As I know history, the consequences of opposing the Nazi regime were slightly more oppressive than I face as a Habs fan (since there aren't any). It's easy to agree to the media bias and over-hyped attention to the Leafs, but don't you think you're over-dramatizing things just a touch?

Also, B4 any of our habs compadres think there is some kind of mutual admiration society thing going on, think again. I speak for myself and appreciate any/all comments that support, re-enforce and/or intelligently dispute my ramblings. LS, a young whipper/snapper, aka sh!t-disturber, and I share comments on other boards but rarely if ever need to prop one another up. Now, should a radid elf try to fascisticly (word?) try to jackboot our comments of course we'll band together as brothers and fight the good logically defensive fight. BTW, LS has better PhotoShop skills and likes the fact that I edit his blog (and believe me it needs A LOT of editing). Happy Bday LS and send certified cheques only.

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

I don't think moe is "over dramatizing" things, he is right on about the leaf. A majority of them are vile and disgusting and know nothing about the sport nor know how to tolerate and respect others.

And I know many of them. They know ZERO about hockey and were the ones wearing brown paper bags on their heads when they were younger in Maple Leaf Gardens. Sundin is back so they will be #1 on the TSN website again.

Now the MLSE organization is destroying my second favorite NBA team the Raptors with their utter non-knowledge of Basketball with a guy named Peddie at the top. I am sure as a business man he is probably one of the best people you could hire as the organization makes money hand over fist.

But on the sports side of Basketball he has made many, many, many mistakes which has destroyed the reputation of a franchise that should be doing well. They just don't care because the Leafs don't have to win to make money and the Raptors are just a tennant. Sportsnet the King of Leaf Bullsh******t have labled them as losers but the Leafs are KING.

This is not B.S. as if you live in Ontario and want sports information, only Prime Time on the fan590 has any credibility in this province. Everyone else on that station is a homer with Leaf prejudice.

Having said all that, I think anyone reading this can understand why I do not like to listen/watch Toronto sports media. If there was more coverage of sports other than Leaf hockey, it would interest me.

Just my 2 cents.

Bob McCown is the only radio voice in the city that calls it how it is. The rest are nothing but unpaid employees of MLSE.

I used to be a Raptors fan when they first started but find it so hard to cheer for them. Become a Cavs fan in the off-season with the solid moves they made.

Bob McCown is the only radio voice in the city that calls it how it is. The rest are nothing but unpaid employees of MLSE.

I used to be a Raptors fan when they first started but find it so hard to cheer for them. Become a Cavs fan in the off-season with the solid moves they made.

hehehehe Lebron will make anyone a fan of Basketball!

I won't give up on the Raptors as my first favorite team was/is the JailBlazers and they are nothiing right now. There are guys on the Raptors I am a huge fan of. Portland has a huge hill to climb to get back to respectability.

Sort of like the habs youth movement. Given no respect yet the Habs this year have a core crop of Rookies that just may panout to be one of the best bunch of "TEAM" players the organization has ever had. It is amazing to see how they play off each others talents to get victories.:hlogo:

It's apart of their inferiority complex that everybody loves Toronto. These clowns must not get much sleep at night thinking, "Why does all of Canada hate Toronto".

I guarantee you they're more Yankee and RedSox fans in Toronto, especially southern Ontario, than Jays fans. Of all the baseball fans I know, only 1 is a Jay fan. Everyone else is either a Yankees/Red Sox/Braves/Dodgers fan...

As for the Raptors, it's that sort of attitude that has driven me away from being a fan. As if the whole country adores a pathetic basketball team.

People in the COTU love saying it because they think it annoys everyone. So basically, they're proud of being ignorant. Which proves my point about Don Cherry. They love and embrace him, and he is famous for what? Being a bigot and intolerant of those from other parts of Canada and the world.

I don't think moe is "over dramatizing" things, he is right on about the leaf. A majority of them are vile and disgusting and know nothing about the sport nor know how to tolerate and respect others.

Okey-dokey!