Any thoughts on Berard?

Westcoasthabsfan

SUre he'd be a good addition...

... After we lose Dykhuis

... After we lose Brisebois

... After we get rid of more salary

Nope, I'm hoping he goes to Columbus, or somewhere that can use him properly.

CMB is gonna surprise people next year.

Sydor, Richardson, Lachance, Spacek, Klesla... Berard could fit in.

I'm more upset about Daniil signing with the Hurricanes. Oh well, we didn't need him anyway.

Originally posted by Westcoasthabsfan

I think he would be a good addition to the montreal blueline... Boston has walked away from the arbitrators award of 2.1 mil a season....

He plays left D... this is our current left D:

Markov, Souray, Hainsey/Quintal*

* if Breezer stays that'll force Quintal o move to the left side as he did last year. Our right D would be Rivet, Breezer, Komisarek.

Either way, Berard doesn't fit... we already have Markov & Haisney as "offensive" D men on the left side.

If Berard would have been a right D, he would have been a perfect replacement for Breezer, if Breezer is traded of course.

Either way, Berard doesn't fit... we already have Markov & Haisney as "offensive" D men on the left side.

Couple time already that you bring Hainsey as an "offensive" d-man. What do you expect from him?

I never thought he was considered as an offensive d-man. Sure he has a good "Hainsey-from-the-point!" shot who can be a kind of threat, but he is far away to be a puck carrier à la Markov or Breezer.

For me he is a solid dman, can have a physical impact and a strong leadership role. His offensive skills are a bonus IMO, not more.

We can't have enough dman like Berard. Look at NYI.. Hamrlik, Niinimaa, Jonsson, Aucoin: 4 puck carrier, 30pts dmen, who are also good in the defensive zone.

Berard, with only one eye, had more points than any dman in our team! At 2,7 M$.. I hope Gainey sign him!

Originally posted by sakiqc

Couple time already that you bring Hainsey as an "offensive" d-man. What do you expect from him?

I never thought he was considered as an offensive d-man. Sure he has a good "Hainsey-from-the-point!" shot who can be a kind of threat, but he is far away to be a puck carrier à la Markov or Breezer.

For me he is a solid dman, can have a physical impact and a strong leadership role. His offensive skills are a bonus IMO, not more.

We can't have enough dman like Berard. Look at NYI.. Hamrlik, Niinimaa, Jonsson, Aucoin: 4 puck carrier, 30pts dmen, who are also good in the defensive zone.

Berard, with only one eye, had more points than any dman in our team! At 2,7 M$.. I hope Gainey sign him!

Well I consider Hainsey an "offensive" D man in that he can play the PP well... that doesn't mean won't be good at defense too.

Fact is, whatever kind of D man you want to call him... there is still no room, I don't understand how you can just ignore that and say "sign him".

We have Markov, Souray, maybe Quintal, and Hainsey who is knocking on the door.

Bringing in Berard makes no sense in that it would shut the door for Hainsey for the next couple of years... and the whole mission statement of our team this year is "giving the kids a good look" as Gainey said.

Makes no sense.