CFL Playoffs

jetsniper

Not sure how many people here watch the CFL but the season is officially over. Final Standings are:

B.C

Calgary

Edmonton

Saskatchewan

Winnipeg

Toronto

Montreal

Ottawa

Hamilton

What a game today at McMahon, I think every game between Edmonton and Calgary this year has been classic. I can't wait to sit in the frigid cold next weekend at McMahon cheering on the boys. So my playoff predictions would have to look like...

Calgary beats Edmonton 31-20

Montreal beats Saskatchewan 35-10

Calgary beats B.C 28-24

This ones a tough one....Toronto beats Montreal 27-25 *hides under desk*

Calgary beats Toronto 21-10

Yeah, that could be a bit biased but the trend with Grey Cup winners is if you're hot, you're gonna win. It's usually been the case the past 4 or 5 years. And teams who have done well all season almost always suck in the playoffs. The stamps have won 7 of their last 8. Burris is on fire. Lewis is on fire. The defense is impregnable, the offense is unstoppable. The last time we lost was Labour Day to Edmonton. And we've beaten them twice since then. I know I'm a hometown fan but I think we've got the best chance out of everyone at the Cup.

[Edited on 2005/11/7 by jetsniper]

Go Ottawa Roughriders!!!!! :D:lol::lol::D

Looking forward to the Als game this weekend, i can't see us having too much trouble with the Riders but you never know.

As far as the potential East Final matchup goes, i just hope that Mr. Ted White doesn't have to make an appearence this year. In last year's East final, we were struggling a bit but still in the lead before Calvillo got injured and completely ruined our chances of advancing to the grey cup.

I don't really like to make predictions involving my own team, but i think BC will make it to the grey cup out of the West.

GO ALS GO!

I'm really excited about this game because it is the first one I will be able to see since I was on vacation in Canada in July. Fox Sports Middle East is showing the CFL playoffs. Just hope the Als don't disappoint me... I'm praying for a three game winning streak.

Well, one down two to go.

At least the Als won. *&^%#@!! Fox Sports didnt show the game they showed a boring No Fun League game instead. I watched the last quarter in case they picked up the CFL broadcast at half tim. No such luck they went from NFL to billiards. Cant understand why people say the NFL is so superior to the CFL. The game is so slow its like watching paint dry. it took them an hour and a half to play one quarter UGH!

Oh well Fox is promising CFL football again tonight maybe I'll get a delayed broadcast but more likely if they show the CFL if will be the damned Eskimos beating Calgary

Originally posted by shortcat1

Go Ottawa Roughriders!!!!!  :D:lol::lol::D

You've got a real love-on for ottawa, don't you?

You're hoping they win both the grey and the stanley. What is with you? Maybe you should move here. But it's a lot colder than Fiji!

Originally posted by jetsniper

Yeah, that could be a bit biased but the trend with Grey Cup winners is if you're hot, you're gonna win. It's usually been the case the past 4 or 5 years. And teams who have done well all season almost always suck in the playoffs. The stamps have won 7 of their last 8. Burris is on fire. Lewis is on fire. The defense is impregnable, the offense is unstoppable. The last time we lost was Labour Day to Edmonton. And we've beaten them twice since then. I know I'm a hometown fan but I think we've got the best chance out of everyone at  the Cup.

[Edited on 2005/11/7 by jetsniper]

Well the Stamps lost to the Eskimoes. Surprised me there.

Yeah, that 2nd half killed us though. Choked, imploded, gagged on the chance. Still, I'll take the home playoff loss over a 4-14 season. I think Lewis got humbled yesterday too which should be good for the kid.

Watch out for the Stamps next year thought, we've still got an awesome team and the hunger over this loss will only make us better.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Yeah Als! 30-14.

Let's show some team spirit.:clap:

Bulis_the_Habbie, you really nailed this one. I cannot believe how close your prediction was! Good job....

33 - 17 final for the Als.. Argos SUCK.

Watched the Als, then Concordes then Baltimore then Als again since 1970 season. Go ALS!!!!

Lol that wasn't a prediction. I posted that after the game finished!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And the Als won again tonight. 33-17 over the Argos!

We're going to the Grey Cup!:que::can::king:

Lol that wasn't a prediction. I posted that after the game finished!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And the Als won again tonight. 33-17 over the Argos!

We're going to the Grey Cup!:que::can::king:

OOOPs... When I read your post I thought this was a prediction.:) I forgot the playoff game score last week..... Maybe CBC will stop talking about the Argos now, in their telecast you never knew who the other team was.

I don't mind the Argos though, very talented team and Coach Pinball is one of my all time favorite sports figures...

Originally posted by habsfan88

Good, the stupid argos are gone, it wouldve been good to see hamilton more competitive this year - but watch out next year the ti-cats are going to do well mark my words.

I am going to be interested to see after the Grey Cup what Hamilton gets from Edmonton for Troy Davis. I know they got a first round draft pick but Edmonton wants it back because tehy have Ray at QB. I bet Jason Maas will be a TICAT next year...

Originally posted by ~moeman

Nice win. Lapointe was a horse out there. cbc's hate for the Als was typically pathetic. Nice shot of the fan with the Habs/Als flag. also, what a pathetic crowd.

:clap::clap::clap::clap: Thank you for noticing the bias in the telecast. I thought it was just me so I gave my head a shake and no they were drooling over their Argos. CBC sucks in hockey and football. TSN really has them beat with CFL telecasts.

3 touchdowns for Lapointe.

The difference was the turnovers. 6-0 in favour of the Als. The Argos wasted their last 2 drives with 3 fumbles (one recovered by the Argos and later fumbled again).

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz
Originally posted by habsfan88

Good, the stupid argos are gone, it wouldve been good to see hamilton more competitive this year - but watch out next year the ti-cats are going to do well mark my words.

I am going to be interested to see after the Grey Cup what Hamilton gets from Edmonton for Troy Davis. I know they got a first round draft pick but Edmonton wants it back because tehy have Ray at QB. I bet Jason Maas will be a TICAT next year...

That will be very good.

I am pumped that the Als are going to the Grey Cup again, but why does it always have to be against the !@%%^#**!!!! Eskimutts? I HATE Edmonton. I hope the defense can kick their ass.

BTW, even a biased broadcast beats not being able to see the action. I like CJAD's coverage but its just not the same as TV> Damned Fox Sports screwed me over again:wall:

Edmonton?

Wasn't it BC that won?

Nope, The Eskis would hold on for a win. Moss played well. Also, BC went with Printers in the dying miutes, and I believed he played well. He made some good passes, it just did not work out. Wait a few years, then my beloved Ti-Cats will be on top . BTW hoorah for Argos being out.:bow::lol: