Komisarek Top Minor Leaguer

montreal

Mike Komisarek was named THN minor leaguer of the year. I don't have a link, but I read it on a message board for the bulldogs. So unless the guy is full of crap, Komo goes from top defensive defensemen in his sophmore season to minor league player of the year. Way to go Komo! :/):clap::-^:hlogo:

edit: fixing a typo

[Edited on 2003-8-13 by sakiqc]

That's correct, THN did name Komisarek as minor league player of the year; it's the second straight year a Bulldog was given this award, last year was Jani Rita.

The article itself, states that Komisarek was a force in the playoffs, on offence, defence and in physical play. It also outlined his time with the Habs, and predicted what lies ahead for him. (I was considering posting the article, but it's fairly long, and I'm busy working on my Summer in Review posts.)

It's rare to see prospects end up as advertized... I'm not used to it, especially Montreal 1st rounders.

It's how it works out sometimes, Minnesota took Koivu's brother just before our turn... we ended up with Komisarek.

I don't see anyone complaining... although it'll be years before we can say who turned out the better pick.