ivanans waivered

MAK

no but he was a good translator :lol:

could anyone update me on kostitsyn(andrei) how is he doing this year??

Originally posted by PB

Are you guys saying that Ivanans as been send down

to Hamilton and that he had to clear waver in the process ?

[Edited on 2005/11/9 by PB]

Yes, from the RDS article this is linked to the Danis/Huet situation. Don't quite see how however and the article isn't clear.

Originally posted by marky_and_komi

does this mean the end of Riatis in montreal

who will pick is spot ??

I heard the other day that Gino Odjick is thinking of making a comeback. Rumour? Beware of the indian. If he isn't coming back as an enforcer he could take on an other offer, this comes from the same source, he could join team Russia as an assistant GM.

Originally posted by Mont Royale

I've never waivered from Ivanans.

:lol::lol: You a funny man! :lol::lol:

If it's true, then I see it as terrible news. I've said from day 1 that we need a "scary" player in the line-up. I realize that fighting is down all across the NHL but you will always have a need for someone willing AND able(don't know if Raitis is) to go. So he lost a scrap against one of the biggest the league has to offer. If Worrel is past his personal problems, I'd sign him but to a cheap contract. I've heard he would never play for the Habs though. Bring back Nilan!:o

I know Rivet is playing extremely well and we'd hate to lose him for 5 mins, or maybe an injury, but he's more than willing to drop the gloves for his teammates, and is an excellent fighter. Far better than Ivanans ever was or will be. So for the limited amount of scraping there is, or until its proven that Montreal needs a goon, in which case they can call up Vandermeer or Aitken from Hamilton, I'd just let Rivet handle what needs to be handled. Whats Montreal had, 2 or 3 majors this year so far?

BUt yeah, wouldn't it be nice to find another Chris Nilan or maybe John Ferguson

Originally posted by kaos

I know Rivet is playing extremely well and we'd hate to lose him for 5 mins, or maybe an injury, but he's more than willing to drop the gloves for his teammates, and is an excellent fighter.  Far better than Ivanans ever was or will be.  So for the limited amount of scraping there is, or until its proven that Montreal needs a goon, in which case they can call up Vandermeer or Aitken from Hamilton, I'd just let Rivet handle what needs to be handled.  Whats Montreal had, 2 or 3 majors this year so far?

BUt yeah, wouldn't it be nice to find another Chris Nilan or maybe John Ferguson

The thing is I don't want us to find out that we need a goon the hard way. Thinking that there *might* be a goon in the lineup the next time around won't stop Belak from sticking out the knee.

Considering how Bulis is out for Saturday and Bonk probably won't suit up, I'd Give Vandemeer a shot. He's fighting for his career (no pun intended) and if things start to get chippy, he'd definitely put his neck on the line do defend our star players.

Originally posted by shortcat1

I've never waivered from Ivanans.

:lol::lol: You a funny man! :lol::lol:

"Man?"

Kidding... yes, man.

Hehe.. good one.

Ivanans isn't a good fighter but that's our little secret. Not everybody knows that (let alone who he is). So if you see what looks like the zamboni itself dropping gloves you're gonna be intimdated.

You all know my feelings on this one. Who do you suggest we sit to dress an enforcer? Oh right, I forgot, Dags. Maybe he is one of those "character" players who's presence helps the team? Not sure but I am confident his purpose will become clear soon. Dags and Huet to Edm for Cross? I'll take that.

I've always felt that an enforcer specifically in the line-up to fight was absolutely necessary in the NHL. I'm not so sure anymore. I don't like the idea of sitting any of our current line-up for a goon. For the limited amount of fighting required right now, I'm confident that Komi or Rivet can handle the load.

Originally posted by GuyRock70

I've always felt that an enforcer specifically in the line-up to fight was absolutely necessary in the NHL. I'm not so sure anymore. I don't like the idea of sitting any of our current line-up for a goon. For the limited amount of fighting required right now, I'm confident that Komi or Rivet can handle the load.

The thing is that Rivet is a middleweight and Komisarek would most likely get handled severely by anybody remotely his size. He doesn't know how to fight. The ranks he came up through (USHL, NCAA) didn't allow fighting of any kind spare for the AHL, in which case the team was already loaded with scrappers.