Game Thread | Montreal vs. Pittsburgh | 11/10/05

Spider-Man NL

Originally posted by les_glorieux

how about calling Therien for unsportsmanlike conduct at a key point in game 4 vs carolina? they scored on that powerplay, shifting the momentum as they went on to win the game. had we kept that lead we would have gone up 3-1 in the series. worst call ever.

I remember that! After the game ended my dad and I just sat there speechless for the longest time. We couldn't believe that dumb call.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by guizz

well i think the good news about this game is that i don't think the habs could get any worse...but we still stole one point.

If we play like that against the leafs...we're screwed.

[Edited on 2005/11/11 by guizz]

I agree I hate the leafs more than anyone but they will be on a roll after that comeback against washington. If tha habs play like that they will eat us for breky lets not forget how pumped up Sundin and Belfor get to play the habs. Julien needs consistency on the 2nd line pick either Zhogin or Higgins but give them a 5-7 game trial dont swap them back and forth b/w periods. Not to mention theo needs to keep them in the game early.

Originally posted by dark_faerie87
Originally posted by les_glorieux

how about calling Therien for unsportsmanlike conduct at a key point in game 4 vs carolina? they scored on that powerplay, shifting the momentum as they went on to win the game. had we kept that lead we would have gone up 3-1 in the series. worst call ever.

I remember that! After the game ended my dad and I just sat there speechless for the longest time. We couldn't believe that dumb call.

I also remember that incident, not the specifics but the incident itself. When Therrien was called and Hlavac (I think that was his name) scored, I thought "Oh-oh, I bet this incident rings the beginning of the end for Michel Therrien with the Canadiens". Heck, I was right.

I just read Canadiens.com's report on the game and the Canadiens outshot the Penguins 36 - 28. That wasn't on the basis of the 3rd period because the only period in which we were outshot was in the 3rd and that was only 7 - 6 for the Penguins.

Based upon that, we weren't that bad. It's just that we ran into a red-hot Thibault. I can remember hearing the announcers just jumping over the stops that Thibault was making. They even said that Thibault played the best game of his career.

It happens. Case in point for our side is the game that Théodore played against the Lightning on Tuesday. He pretty well robbed Tampa Bay on his own.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by MexicanChannel

At least we came out of the game with a point. I've been told to "go back to Canada" too many times tonight, time for some sleep.

Yes, yes, please, come back to Canada. And bring that habs-loving crosby and lemiuex with you :)

1 point on the road. We can't expect to win every night and not when taking to many penalities.

And Pittsburgh can play a lot better than the standings says. Super Mario and Sid the Kid versus the club that in their heart. Yeah, I know Mario owns the Pens but Im still convinced that deep in his heart he still is a Habs fan.

And T-Boo played at his best.

1 point. Some pucks in the post. But still a point. Continue like this and the team will make the playoffs.

Habs flat. Let the Penguins take it to them until the third when they like to wake up.

They lost, yes, but WOW that was fun. I have to admit, the last 5 minutes of the third, the overtime, the shoot out was some of the most exciting, edge of my seat hockey I've seen in years. And I mean lots of years. Maybe since the 70s or 80s. Skating, shooting, great passing, great saves. FUN FUN FUN.

That's what makes hockey a great game.

Have to admit, as much as I am a tatoo-on-the-heart Habs fan, I found myself hoping Crosby would score in the shootout. Especially once we missed on ours. Just felt right somehow.

:/):):hlogo::can::ghg::D

[Edited on 2005/11/11 by Habsterr]

Originally posted by shortcat1
Originally posted by Quebecois

Habs just turned it on far too late for my liking. We played great at the end of the third and OT, but it was too late and we had to chance it in the shootout. Disapointing, but we came out with a point at least.

BTW, i don't think I've ever been happy with a Kerry Fraser reffed, i have no idea how he has kept his job. Begin basically got 5 minutes and a game for levelling his opponent. Its good to call stick infractions and stuff like that, but don't take out the physical aspect of the game. Anyone else remember that night in New York back in 2002? I think it was March 11th, 6 months after 9/11, and we lost a close one to the Rangers what was then a competitive battle for 8th spot. Berezin took a wicked slash in the dying minutes that Fraser let go and the Habs lost by a goal. There were other blown calls too but i can't remember them.

FRASER SUCKS!

:ghg:

He efffectively gave us the cup in 1986 when he disallowed a goal by the Nordiques and then the Canadiens came back and eliminated the Nordiques. That play opened the door for the Stanley Cup run that year. Usually, Québec owned the Habs back then and that victory qualified as a quasi-miracle... thank you, Kerry :D:D:D:clap::clap::clap::D:D:D

If there's one ref who, over the years, seems to have had it in for us, it's Kerry Fraser. Whenever there is a bad, controversial call against us, he seems to be making it. I remember that call in 1993 (we didn't face Quebec in '86) - and I believe it was the correct one. I'm not ready to thank him for making one decent call in our favour over all these years. And, considering it was a quarterfinal game, it's a stretch to say he handed us the Cup by making that call!

Booooo, Kerry Fraser!!!