A possible fix for the 2nd line?

Habitforming

I couldn't help but notice that Kris Kolanos was put on waivers today by Pheonix.

He could be a nice fit for the revolving door at left wing on the 2nd line.He is a center but has played wing with Pheonix before.

Kris is Ryder like in streaky scoring but he would at least be young and cheap with a physical side that Ribs needs.

[Edited on 2005/11/11 by Habitforming]

It's a good thought to shake up that line because as much as they can put the puck in the net, their two way play is WEAK. However, we will make it to the playoffs, and have some cash to maybe splurge at the deadline. Why spend the cash now?

And apart from that, I'm prediciting Latendresse will be playing for the big club next year. He'd be the perfect addition to that line.

I agree. Don't waste the money on Concussion Kolanos. Theres a reason Pheonix let him go and thats cause he's brutal.

Lets give Higgins a half dozen games or so to see what he can do. Or try Perezhogin now that he's back to 100%. These kids deserve a chance

Originally posted by olematelot

I believe they have found the fix, his name is Chris Higgins, ya gotta love this guy

Agreed. Higgins should be given an opportunity to show his talents on the second line. He gives 100% effort, 100% of the time. I really like this kid.:hlogo:

Originally posted by Patskidoo

Second line thoughts, mine would be.

Higgins Bonk Ryder.

I know i am the one who was complaining on Bonk not adjusting to our game but i think that we need more of a solid second line than a scoreless third line. So with more size on the second line during the two first periods we can full the nets in the third.

I say that cauz teams already know who to play to silence Ribeiro, it gives them 10 minutes of break when Rib line is on the ice.

Give third line center to Pleks. Hes good enought for shoting out opponent

Instead of that give Rib fourth line duties with speedster Perez and use him for PP. If he s not happy we have Locke in the makingthat is as good.

Not a bad idea. A journalist covering the Habs here in Mtl mentionned on the radio after the Pittsburgh game that Julien is realy starting to be fedup of Ribeiro. He might become trade bait very soon. Don't see him coming back next year.

Gainey knows that Souray and Ribeiro are the teams weaknesses and will do something about it eventually. Columbus is apparently looking for an offensive center...

Originally posted by simonus

okay... but who would you want from columbus?

Brule? beauchemin? suchy?

Don't think Nash or Foote would be coming back on that one...

I agree that there is not much available in Columbus. That I leave it up to Bob...

All I'm saying is that Julien is fedup of Ribeiro and you can't put him on a 3rd or 4th line, so its either he stays on the 2nd line or we trade him.

Originally posted by Komisarek the Cruncher

All I'm saying is that Julien is fedup of Ribeiro

umm, what you really said is "a journalist covering the Habs here in Mtl mentionned on the radio after the Pittsburgh game that Julien is realy starting to be fedup of Ribeiro"

who said what? on what radio station? how reliable is this information? Also remember there is a difference between Julien not happy with Ribeiro and Julien fed up with Ribeiro.

:)

:ghg:

Originally posted by habsfan88

Ribeiro has been playing fine....why is every bashing him? his stats also show that he has been playing well this year.. can somebody explain something that im missing?

Because he's -3 and many of his points are on the PP. He's not that great at 5 on 5.

But mostly, he needs to play harder and be consistent for 60 mins. He's one of the worst when it comes to consistency. Definetly our #1 guy of doing nothing for 50 mins and waking up in the last 10 mins.

He needs to play harder in a more consistent way. He's the #1 guy that can give us more then what he as been giving us so far. Don't forget that he was +15 2 years ago when he was more consistent and playing harder.

He's not at a point to be booed but he needs to give us more.

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon
Originally posted by Komisarek the Cruncher

All I'm saying is that Julien is fedup of Ribeiro

umm, what you really said is "a journalist covering the Habs here in Mtl mentionned on the radio after the Pittsburgh game that Julien is realy starting to be fedup of Ribeiro"

who said what? on what radio station? how reliable is this information? Also remember there is a difference between Julien not happy with Ribeiro and Julien fed up with Ribeiro.

:)

:ghg:

Its Danny Dubé on CKAC. Danny Dubé is well known for is honesty. He's not the type to say something just to stir up shit like some other journalists.

Is exact words were "Julien is starting to be really fed up of Ribeiro and is lack of consistency and hard work and don't be surprised if he does something about it sooner then later".

So technically, Julien is unhappy and starting to be realy fed up with Ribeiro....

For those of you who can understand french, he said "commence a être royalement tanné de Ribeiro"...

Yes I agree 100% he lacks consistency. For some reason himself and Ryder both do. They need to play 60 min. If they did I am sure Ryder would have 10-15 goals by now and ribero at least 15-20 assists. When they are at their best and taking it to the opposition rather then getting pounded in their own end they show how amazing they truly are. It is tough for coaches to watch the too many games in a row and I do not put all the blame on just ribero and ryder they need a set LW on that line not 3 different player auditioning in each game.

We don't need Kolanos. Higgins is better and younger and is playing great on the second line. Ribeiro's been playing well offensively but he just can't do anything in his defensive zone (e.g. bodycheck).

What's good is that Ribeiro and Souray have quite high trade value thanks to last season.

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon
Originally posted by habsfan88

Ribeiro has been playing fine....why is every bashing him?

...hmmm,

maybe because Brisebois is gone?

LMAO

Yep, Habs fans must bash someone. Dags aint playing enough to warrant a bashing so....

12-3-3 27pt

1st in east

all is good

Lets make a trade?

Okay, Dags, Ribs, Sourey and Huet for Foote and Nash

I'll take it