Game Thread | Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens | 11/12/05

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is our own fault, can't just blame the refs. Gotta finish and gotta stop taking ######ed penalties. The Leafs had no business being in position to win this game. I'm disguisted, time to go get that drink. G'nite boys!

It's one of those games that everything that could go wrong, does go wrong.

-Pathetic Habs PP

-Begin's open net miss

-Fluky fluky tying goal

-Moronic penalty call

Thing is, inless it is impacting the play why call it? I mean c'mon, it's OT. It's been a good game, why ruin it on a garbage penalty?

CAN A TEAM GET ANY FLUKIER THAN THE STUPID LEAFS??/ THEY DESERVED ABOUT 2 OF THOSE GOALS NOT TO MENTION THAT FLUKY PEACE OF CRAP GOAL BY ALISON I AM SO PISSED OFF! WE DESERVED THESE 2 PTS TONIGHT NOT SOME STUPID CRAPPY FLUKE TEAM! THAT GAME WAS OURS! ARRGHGHGHGHGHGH.....

damn..

Stop by the bell centre and ask what Julien is doing. And then ask if they shouldnt start practicing some finishing.

We cant score. We only have average scorers... Leafs have Oneill, Sundin. We have.... Kovalev when he is not carying the puck too long. This stink. Give Dags another chance... he is the best finisher we have. becaus these guys only pass the puck around until they lose it.

that point sucks when a division rival gets 2. If we dont start scoring on our chances this will burn us... REALLY burn us.

Special team practice DIRECTLY after the game would be my medicine as a coach... hopefully Julien does that. A nice 2 hour specialteam practice RIGHT after the game.

Originally posted by Dalhabs

We need to bring in another goalscorer...  Why didnt we keep  Hossa?  Hossa on the secong line would have lighten it up.

Hossa lightning it up? For christ sakes :nono:

Please don't tell me O'Neill is a goal scorer. The bum scored a 1-timer that anyone in the world (except Steve Begin) would have scored on a lame-duck penalty call.

Wow the Leafs completely robbed the Habs of a point tonight, unbelievable.

As others have said, there is nothing else that could have gone wrong for us tonight and that's just the way it goes. Allison's goal was about as flukey as you can get, it shouldn't have mattered though as the leafs shouldn't have been within 3/4 goals of the habs by that point.

At least we got a point, and are still 7 up on the hated leafs :)

Plus we played what i think was our best game in a little over a week.

Im so mad at this that Im almost as pessimistic as Linden_Fan.... OMG!!! I'll leave before it gets worse.

Good game... we shouldve won this 6-2 but the precision wasnt there tonight while Theo has a really BAD LUCK game... cant blame him for losing.

I turned on English CBC just to see what they were saying after a game Toronto clearly didn't deserve to win. Naturally they had their pompoms out making the perfect cheer. All about what Toronto did, nothing about how frustrating a loss it was for Montreal. I missed the first few seconds but thats at least how they wrapped up.

My advice, unless you like rolling naked through glass, DON'T WATCH ENGLISH CBC. I'd sooner watch the game commentated in Chinese than English as long as its run by Toronto. Honestly, put it on mute use internet radio or just work on your French. I'm seriously concerned for the health of my fellow habs fans. You never feel good watching the Habs play on English CBC.

Just remember we let Toronto win :)

Originally posted by Dalhabs

We are ineffective...    losing this game mustve made Cournoyer puke.

That is very harsh.

Begin had the game on his stick and lost it. I don't care if he tied it, he choked. He is mainly to blame. Montreal had all the momentum and it would have carried into the third.

Begin scores, I bet the Habs would have won. The way the game is going, you can just tell. He blew it, plain and simple. Where are all those "Begin should be on the 2nd line" now?