Game Thread | Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens | 11/12/05

Spider-Man NL

Originally posted by habsfan88
Originally posted by Leafs Suck

And some of you need to relax. This was just one of those games that you gotta forget about. The more you think about it, the more pissed you'll get.

Now, sit down, relax, watch the Flames/Avs game (Go Flames) and let Mr.Jack Daniels take you to sleep. Avoid TV and papers if you live in TO and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

ya but monday at school is going to be hell:nono:

Tell me about it, I already had to block 4 people from my msn

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh man... im listening to leafs talk on mojo radio just out of curiosity..and they are talking like they owned us and then a leafs fan calls in and says nicely that they diddnt deserve tto win tonight and they got some lucky bounces and that they will take the 2 points none the less and stupid andy frost is like "well didnt we win tonight? what makes me think that u arent sitting there in ur living room with ur habs jersey on crying about the ur bitter sweet loss"

Thats the kind of unfounded arrogance that keeps the Leaf nation alive. Without that self-deception the Leafs would have folded a decade ago. Instead of listening call in and ask where the parade is!:lol:

Theodore once again cannot stop the puck when it counts under pressure. This is the best and most exciting Habs team in decades, but Theodore's goaltending is ruining great efforts by his teammates. With consistent goaltending the Habs are as good or better than Ottawa and ahead of Detroit for first overall. This Habs teams lacks one thing those two teams have every night - great goaltending. With above average or even average goaltending, the Habs should have beaten the Leafs in a laugher tonight.

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

And some of you need to relax. This was just one of those games that you gotta forget about. The more you think about it, the more pissed you'll get.

Now, sit down, relax, watch the Flames/Avs game (Go Flames) and let Mr.Jack Daniels take you to sleep. Avoid TV and papers if you live in TO and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

ya but monday at school is going to be hell:nono:

I know man, and logic says Leafs have no business being proud of their effort tonight. Everything that could go wrong for Montreal, did. It's as simple as that.

Originally posted by sakiqc

Where is Shortcat? What's Habs record when Fuzzy isn't there?? :(  

No wonder why we lost tonight :eyes:

Yea, everytime Shortcat doesn't show up... and I do, we lose it seems. Haha...

damn.

Man. What a game. We should not be even thinkiing about why we are in the same area of the standings as the Leafs, but here we are, trying to explain a loss.

I can't understand it. This team refuses to play to their ability. They play just well enough to win (most nights), and some nights they come up short. They let that punk Wellwood get the tying goal - pathetic play. I'm very disappointed with the result tonight. We've shown again, that we can't compete with the big boys in our division. Ottawa has schooled us, and as much as we (and I) like to think that Toronto is well below us - talent-wise - they're not. Until we can beat them with some consistency, there can be no rest, and likely, no thought of easily making the playoffs.

Unfortunate ending considering the Habs have played a GREAT game at great speed from beginning to the end. This is the type of team and play that I love and we all know they wont win them all so it would be hard to criticise anything substantiel tonight Habswise without sounding dull and heavy.

<i>Theodore once again cannot stop the puck when it counts under pressure. This is the best and most exciting Habs team in decades, but Theodore's goaltending is ruining great efforts by his teammates. With consistent goaltending the Habs are as good or better than Ottawa and ahead of Detroit for first overall. This Habs teams lacks one thing those two teams have every night - great goaltending. With above average or even average goaltending, the Habs should have beaten the Leafs in a laugher tonight. </i>

Ugh, i don't even know if i want to respond to this but i will. Theodore just finished off a stretch where he was just about the only player on the ice who seemed to be awake, and now he lets in a few goals, one of them a complete fluke, and now we get people saying that he just isn't going to cut it? The Habs would have beaten the leafs in a laugher if we handn't of blown chances and hit posts as well. You can't blame Theodore for the Habs not scoring 6 or 7 can you?

Logically the Habs should have won 4-3, i think we can agree that the Allison goal should have never happened. Would you be complaining about Theodore if that was the case?

This is without even mentioning the terrible defensive coverage at the end of the second that led to the Wellwood goal.

BTW, Higgins played an amazing game. I love this kids moves. It's hard to believe he only has 3 goals. He's getting lost in the amazing rookie class, but I tell you this kid is gonna be a beauty.

I'd even go as far as to suggest he play on the #1 line with Koivu and Kovalev.

I only saw the game from the 3rd period on and all I can say is Toronto lucked out. The Habs dominated the period and certainly deserved a better fate, I couldn't believe the tying goal, when I saw that I knew we were doomed in OT, the hockey gods were against us. Shitty way to loose

With continued inconsistent goaltending by Theodore, the Habs may have to score six or seven goals a game to be assured of a win. He has a knack of letting in softies when the game is on the line and the pressure is mounting. Yes, he will stand on his head once in a while, but his habit of letting the opponent back into the game far outweighs his heroics this year. The Habs should have beaten the Leafs in a laugher. Belfour, sad to say, embarrased Theodore tonight.

Originally posted by lovethehabs

Theodore once again cannot stop the puck when it counts under pressure. This is the best and most exciting  Habs team in  decades, but Theodore's goaltending is ruining great efforts by his teammates. With consistent goaltending the Habs are  as good or better than Ottawa and ahead of Detroit for first overall. This Habs teams lacks one thing those two teams have every night - great goaltending. With above average or even average goaltending, the Habs should have beaten the Leafs in a laugher tonight.

What the F%$k are you talking about, he's the only reason we were in the last couple of games. If it wasn't for that crappy fluke goal it would have been a victory. You need to give your head a shake