Game Thread | Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens | 11/12/05

Spider-Man NL

Originally posted by habsfan88

"You know, alot of the habs were going down easily tonight. (diving)"

wow toronto media is GREAT!:)

[Edited on 04/07/1989 by habsfan88]

I have to say I thought Leafs Suck's previous rants against the leafnation were maybe a bit much, but after listening to mojo radio today I am astounded to discover how dumb leafmedia is!

Very short on critical analysis or insight into the game strategy and execution, instead we get "Wow the players/team are truly great" when the game was going well for the leaf; and then "Wow that french ref is screwing us with his call/lack of call" when things didn't go well.

It was like grown-ups telling their children a fairy tale at bedtime!

:lol:

the levels they sunk to made me feel higher, maybe all habs fans should reflect on that...

:ghg:

we are still well ahead of the leaf, and I think we will stay there through the season.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by lovethehabs

With continued inconsistent goaltending by Theodore, the Habs may have to score six or seven goals a game to be assured of a win. He has a knack of letting in softies when the game is on the line and the pressure is mounting. Yes, he will stand on his head once in a while, but his habit of letting the opponent back into the game far outweighs his heroics this year.  The Habs should have beaten the Leafs in a laugher. Belfour, sad to say, embarrased Theodore tonight.

Give me a break:wall:

Originally posted by lovethehabs

Theodore once again cannot stop the puck when it counts under pressure. This is the best and most exciting  Habs team in  decades, but Theodore's goaltending is ruining great efforts by his teammates. With consistent goaltending the Habs are  as good or better than Ottawa and ahead of Detroit for first overall. This Habs teams lacks one thing those two teams have every night - great goaltending. With above average or even average goaltending, the Habs should have beaten the Leafs in a laugher tonight.

Those shabby evaluations and off-sided speculations of yours win the night as the most tidious comments of the evening.

Originally posted by goHabs2005

Like it or not, Theodore still had an off night.

He can't stop breakaways and he can't play the puck.

What's the answer? Bring Benchwarmer Garon back?

The guy had a strong weak I thought, he was just unlucky on three plays.

I noticed after the Habs scored the go ahead goal and were all over the leafs Neale made the excuse they were loosing their legs cause they just got in at 2 am. Yeah after that long flight from Buffalo. I think I'll watch all the games on RDS from now on, I don't understand French, so I can analize the game without some biased moron making clueless remarks

[Edited on 2005/11/13 by olematelot]

[Edited on 2005/11/13 by olematelot]

Some fans just drive me nuts with their critisism. You'd think that we were in 10th place by some of the comments that are going on here. Lighten up, we lost in OT (still get a point) and we've gotten points in 7 straight now. It sucks to lose, but i think we were the better team, its just that the bounces aren't always going to go your way.

Originally posted by Quebecois

Some fans just drive me nuts with their critisism. You'd think that we were in 10th place by some of the comments that are going on here. Lighten up, we lost in OT (still get a point) and we've gotten points in 7 straight now. It sucks to lose, but i think we were the better team, its just that the bounces aren't always going to go your way.

Couldn't agree more, it was a great effort but as they say shit happens

Ballsy but innacurate statement luckyluc,...already forget that he stopped Sundin in the first and Mario and Recchy in the last game.

I watch all the shout-outs in pre-saison games and Theo was very good.

We know he is not the best at playing the puck away from the net,...no news there but at least accurate.

Originally posted by PB

Ballsy but innacurate statement luckyluc,...already forget that he stopped Sundin in the first and Mario and Recchy in the last game.

I watch all the shout-outs in pre-saison games and Theo was very good.

We know he is not the best at playing the puck away from the net,...no news there but at least accurate.

Also Vinnie against Tampa

Played the 2k6 version and they're horrible. Sounds like such a video game. Atleast with EA, Hughson's sounds realistic. 2k NHL series is horrid IMO. Some good idea, but the game play is pathetic.

the NBA 2k series is different. NBA 2k6 = Best BBall game ever!

Originally posted by Trizzak

Can someone describe the game tying goal to me?

I keep reading "What a fluke!" but I'm not getting any descriptions

Behind the net

Dandenault tried to clear it

Deflected off Allison

Went right up in the air

Hit Theodore in the back and BARLEY crossed the line

Infact, if it wasn't for the net came, it would have been disallowed. From the top camera, you can't tell if it's in.

[Edited on 2005/11/13 by Leafs Suck]

well basically allison was behind the net....and somebody else can post and fill in some info but he tipped the puck in the air, it went over the top of the net...landed on theo's back and just barely rolled over the goalline with his glove grabbing it almost in time but too late..

i dont remember completely how it got in the air in the first place but it came from allison and it was FLUKKKEE

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Behind the net

Dandenault tried to clear it

Deflected off Allison

Went right up in the air

Hit Theodore in the back and BARLEY crossed the line

Infact, if it wasn't for the net came, it would have been disallowed. From the top camera, you can't tell if it's in.

[Edited on 2005/11/13 by Leafs Suck]

Shit

Originally posted by olematelot
Originally posted by Quebecois

Couldn't agree more, it was a great effort but as they say shit happens

good teams come with high expectations and normally i might agree with you but against the leafs....if only the players knew the torment i go through when we lose to the leafs they would all be trying like Begin out there.

Good teams bounce back..it's two losses in OT / SO in the last two, we have to play well and win on Tuesday IMO

I'll try.

As dandenault and Allison stick fight the puck right being the net, the puck flys over the net on Theo's back and drip down into the net....or more like half an inch accross the line bofore Theo immobilised it,....not only was it a fluke on how it when there but it was so close past the line that they had to watch the replay before it got accepted.

Originally posted by habsfan88

well basically allison was behind the net....and somebody else can post and fill in some info but he tipped the puck in the air, it went over the top of the net...landed on theo's back and just barely rolled over the goalline with his glove grabbing it almost in time but too late..

i dont remember completely how it got in the air in the first place but it came from allison and it was FLUKKKEE

that's a rough way to lose, man I can only imagine if the leaf had taken an OT penalty then the Habs had scored a fluke goal -- they would have been howling in leafnation!!!

hehehe we are doing great but that's the way it goes sometimes -- we have 12 points out of a possible 14 in our last seven games!!!

:ghg:

I really wish people would just give it rest about Theo and this game. The Leafs got all the bounces. Even Leaf fans on other boards are admiting they had no business even being in this game. They know Montreal is the superior team and that their joke of a team team was lucky they gave up only 4.

If the Habs had scored in OT or held on, people wouldn't be so upset. Well that fluke goal was beyond stupid. It shouldn't count it was so bad. And the OT was just a bad situation on all ends.

Lets regroup and kick the crap outta the Pussy Cats next game. We play this jerks 5 more times. If we play'em like we did tonight, we'll win them all. I guarnatee it.