Game Thread | Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens | 11/12/05

Spider-Man NL

Dalhabs you are being terribly over-dramatic. Ill take Ryder, Koivu, Kovalev on my team ahead of O'neill any day of the week. I didn't even notice O'neill was in the game until the OT period. We played the better game, just got a little unlucky, it happens. No need to question the entire team and claim we should bring back Marcel Hossa, he of the 15 career NHL goals.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that is true. also in the overtime period i still cant get over how they didnt call McCabe glove-on punching markov in front of the net!!! he punched him about 3 times in the head before skating away and i was LIVID!

then they call us and game over just like that. dont worry people, we know inside that we're the better team, and we'll show it when the leafs dont make the playoffs or are fighting for a last spot with pat quinn crying while we are owning.

[Edited on 04/07/1989 by habsfan88]

Quebecois knows the score.

If Hossa was doing what Staal is doing right now, I'd fully agree but he's not. And he is not a game breaker. Far from it.

I agree with Quebecois about ONeill. He was at the right place at the right time. He was invisable tonight.

<i>My advice, unless you like rolling naked through glass, DON'T WATCH ENGLISH CBC. I'd sooner watch the game commentated in Chinese than English as long as its run by Toronto. Honestly, put it on mute use internet radio or just work on your French. I'm seriously concerned for the health of my fellow habs fans. You never feel good watching the Habs play on English CBC. </i>

My dad forced the english coverage on me, what a joke it is. Bob Cole should have retired 10 years ago. I still can't believe they let Chris Cuthbert go to TSN, and TSN still uses Gord Miller as their number 1 guy. Cuthbert has been the best announcer in Canada for years but no network will give him a number 1 job, incredible.

Originally posted by gohabsgo252006

you cannot blame this on Begin, we had the lead in the third well after that play and piece of trash leafs got a fluky goal

Did you watch the game?

Momentum means alot, espically the way the game is being played. Habs showed guts and came back very well to tie the game up and Begin's goal would have given them the lead. Once he missed, you knew the Leafs were gonna win. Just one of those feelings you get.

<i>this hole thing has ruined my night...i've noticed since hockey season has started i get these wicked mood swings that correlate with whether the habs win or lose </i>

Im right there with you, at least we have a winning team, so our mood swings are usually of the good kind.

Imagine if you were a Blues fan :lol:

I still think Begin is awesome, he had to do some wicked moves to even hit that post. What killed us was that total horseshit goal at the end of the third period, end of story. When stuff like that happens, turn the tv off grab a beer and turn your favorite music up. And remember that all Leafs and Leaf fans are born losers. Generation after generation of failed stanley cup attempts. Ahh that feels better already! :)

Originally posted by Quebecois

<i>this hole thing has ruined my night...i've noticed since hockey season has started i get these wicked mood swings that correlate with whether the habs win or lose </i>

Im right there with you, at least we have a winning team, so our mood swings are usually of the good kind.  

Imagine if you were the GM of the Blues in a Sim league :P;)

Originally posted by sakiqc
Originally posted by Quebecois

Imagine if you were the GM of the Blues in a Sim league :P;)

Haha, I was just about to say something like that. :D

Its just that Im not used to losing 2 in a row... :)

And I should concider that a GOOD thing since that means we have only lost 2 in a row twice (If I remember correctly) and both times we still got points in at least one of the losses.

This time we lost 2 games and still got 2 points :)

Im feeling better now... But pls dont make it 3 losses in a row... dont want the other teams to get TOO much points.

GO HABS GO!

oh man... im listening to leafs talk on mojo radio just out of curiosity..and they are talking like they owned us and then a leafs fan calls in and says nicely that they diddnt deserve tto win tonight and they got some lucky bounces and that they will take the 2 points none the less and stupid andy frost is like "well didnt we win tonight? what makes me think that u arent sitting there in ur living room with ur habs jersey on crying about the ur bitter sweet loss"

And some of you need to relax. This was just one of those games that you gotta forget about. The more you think about it, the more pissed you'll get.

Now, sit down, relax, watch the Flames/Avs game (Go Flames) and let Mr.Jack Daniels take you to sleep. Avoid TV and papers if you live in TO and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

We'll bounce back, the thing that really matters is that we were the better team. Toronto can only hope for bullshit goals and Belfour magic for so many games before it catches them. If we were in the playoffs against each other I'd honestly say Habs in 5. Its been a long time since I could feel that way. :)

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

And some of you need to relax. This was just one of those games that you gotta forget about. The more you think about it, the more pissed you'll get.

Now, sit down, relax, watch the Flames/Avs game (Go Flames) and let Mr.Jack Daniels take you to sleep. Avoid TV and papers if you live in TO and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

ya but monday at school is going to be hell:nono:

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

No thanks... Its 4:30 in the morning here and Im going to work in 6 hours.... :) My problem is that I got a hope in me that we could keep the no1 spot in the Northeast from ottawa... but seriously... they are the best team in the east and should lead.

<i>Imagine if you were the GM of the Blues in a Sim league </i>

i walked right into that one. :lol:

it's ok the rebuilding process has begun, in a EHM few years, watch out!

:/)

By the way if any anyone out there is looking for a pick me up, Liar Liar is on YTV. Jim Carrey at his best.