Game Thread | Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens | 11/12/05

Spider-Man NL

I really wish people would just give it rest about Theo and this game.

Theodore did just fine in this game. None of the goals were his fault and the last one was a complete fluke.

The criticism will never stop though, so get use to it. That's what happens when you have a bunch of fans outside of Canada who just looked at the boxscore instead of watching the game.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*sighs* I got to watch the 2nd and 3rd periods on TV. The Habs seemed a little flat during the first bit of the 2nd period, but seemed to pick things up after the shorthanded goal. Some of the officiating was suspect, like the so-called hooking penalty to give the laffs a 5 on 3 and the no call after Koivu was up-ended to the side of the laffs' net. But we hit 5 posts! We need to start hitting the mesh, not the posts. The tying goal was brutal, a complete fluke. Even the homers on CBC thought that the too many men penalty in OT was unjustified. But then I had to hear them babble on about Belfour being simply "magnificent." He wasn't great, he was mediocre at best, he just got lucky.

Originally posted by Ribeiro

The criticism will never stop though, so get use to it.  That's what happens when you have a bunch of fans outside of Canada who just looked at the boxscore instead of watching the game.  

Just ###### the hell up ... :wall: :nono:

. Even the homers on CBC thought that the too many men penalty in OT was unjustified.

When the play was first called, they said Julien wasn't arguing the call, so it probably happenned.

It's pretty hard to screw-up a "too many men on the ice" call. It's more obvious than your usual roughing penalty.

Just ###### the hell up ...

Eloquently put.

[Edited on 2005/11/13 by Ribeiro]

Originally posted by Ribeiro

Just ###### the hell up ...

Eloquently put.

Hey, where's the rest of your response? Can't back it up anymore ...? :puke:

Just prove the point why we non-Canadian fans have no clue about Théo's performance, why we only check the boxscore and say that he had a bad game.

Do you think that only guys in Canada can watch the game live? Do you think that we can't watch the highlights? Do you think that we're too dumb to understand the game?

Just prove your point ...

Hey, where's the rest of your response? Can't back it up anymore ...?

My original response didn't need any backing up. It was to laugh at your horrible understanding of English.

For those wondering, my original response to:

"Just ###### the hell up ..."

was

Eloquently put - from a fan outside of Canada

It was to mock your horrid English. So, what was it that I was suppose to "just ###### the hell up"?

I was just being gracious by deleting my comment, but hey, since you asked for it back...