2021 Habs Training Camp

alfredoh2009

I have to say I'm really looking forward to this season. For the first time in MANY years, I feel like we have a pretty damn good team that could go far.  I really hope that Anderson and Suzuki will have chemistry together and that Romanov can adjust to the NHL.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, TurdBurglar said:

That line will only be good if Suzuki and Anderson get chemistry and carry the offence.  I’ve said for awhile Drouin is a Semin-type player that will excel if he’s the 3rd wheel on a line.  He has the talent but lacks the consistency and drive to be part of the 1-2 punch on a line.  If Suzuki and Anderson carry it, Drouin will look real good stats wise like Semin did with Backstrom and Ovi ‘06-‘10.

That being said I don’t expect those type of numbers from any of those 3, using it as a comparison.

I disagree.

I think Drouin can be the number 2 option on a line.  He led our team in points during the playoffs, and he was great for us for October-November last year until he hurt his wrist in December. 

I agree that he can't be the number one option on a team... but to be the number 2 option on the line, and to be the third or fourth best forward on the team (Suzuki, Gallagher, Tatar), he can absolutely be that. 

Looks like Anderson is swapped out for Perry and Mete for Romanov on PP 2

i generally agree with Commandant that 4 forwards 1 D is the way to go. I do like them using Drouin down low as opposed to the point so maybe Petry is another shot option. 

Suzuki is sitting in Kovalev’s old spot on the wall and Toffoli gets the middle. I bet they cycle the puck like crazy and we are no longer a one trick pony - pass puck to Weber for da boom. 

8 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

i generally agree with Commandant that 4 forwards 1 D is the way to go. I do like them using Drouin down low as opposed to the point so maybe Petry is another shot option. 

Suzuki is sitting in Kovalev’s old spot on the wall and Toffoli gets the middle. I bet they cycle the puck like crazy and we are no longer a one trick pony - pass puck to Weber for da boom. 

I expect several combinations to get a "dry run" in TC ... and given the short season the units that start the season may be subject to change fairly quickly if something doesn't work early on.

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

If the habs would put a lefty willing to shoot on the right wall, the PP would be so much more dangerous.  I understand wanting to get Weber and Petry the puck on the PP, but they were smothered so easy last year because the PP was so predictable.  Have a lefty willing to one-time it would open the Weber and Petry shot on the left.   

35 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I am throbbing right now. THROBBING.

May I recommend a cold shower ... 

2 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I’m right there throbbing with Triz

Anderson 40+ goals

Suzuki 100 points 

Drouin 75 points

this line is going to be top 5 in the league 

WOOOOOOOOO

In 56 games?  LOL. ...  that would be 58 goals, 146 points and 110 points

59 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I may be a tad aggressive in my predictions but the hype is intensifying 🐷

If those numbers were for 82 games then, then pro-rated for 56 games this season it would be 27 goals, 68 points and 51 points.

Still a bit optimistic IMO, but less startling ... I would be very happy with 20 goals (29 goals in 82), 50 points (73/82) and 44 points (64/82) ... all would be career highs ... and leave some room for growth in 21/22 when they are already an established line (all this assuming they make it through this season together)

9 hours ago, Commandant said:

I'd rather use one D, and four forwards on the first PP unit....

Does 4 forwards on PP score more often, or too hard to compare? 

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I may be a tad aggressive in my predictions but the hype is intensifying 🐷

All right, so what do you predict for Toffoli-Kotkaniemi-Armia? :D

34 minutes ago, DON said:

Does 4 forwards on PP score more often, or too hard to compare? 

Depends on the players and the scheme I would expect ... and for the those with a more SMALL-C conservative bent, there is the fear of error on the blueline giving away breakaways

20 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

93 goals, 123 A for KK for the all-time league record in single-season scoring

Why not 164 assists so he can break the records for goals, assists and points in one fell swoop?

10 hours ago, tomh009 said:

All right, so what do you predict for Toffoli-Kotkaniemi-Armia? :D

This line all depends on KK. If he plays well then watch out

Pro rated of course 

Toffoli 30+ goals 

KK 65 points 

Armia 60 points 

If Toffoli and KK get good PP time and we actually score on the PP then things are gonna be huge. 

For those slagging on Drouin, if he plays his role as set up man down low and does not try and drive play then he is going to put up a bunch of points. 

One thing from CJ’s presser yesterday was his comments on KK. 

He basically said that KK came into the league with the big smile and easy going attitude and he got slapped around. KK has learned from this and is a much more serious about things and is actively working on his shortcomings. No more goofing around just serious work.