2021 Habs Training Camp

alfredoh2009

1 hour ago, DON said:

Engels:

First player on the ice today was Alex Romanov. Last player on the ice today was Alex Romanov.

:thumbs_up:

I watched the pressers from Anderson, Toffoli and CJ today and they all commented on how intense Romanov is and how hard he works

Today’s practice had Romanov and Kulak on the other side. Not sure if this means much but I don’t think CJ likes Kulak. Might be an opportunity for Mete

43 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I watched the pressers from Anderson, Toffoli and CJ today and they all commented on how intense Romanov is and how hard he works

Maybe Mr. Poehling should follow suit?

3 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

... Today’s practice had Romanov and Kulak on the other side. Not sure if this means much but I don’t think CJ likes Kulak. Might be an opportunity for Mete

OR ... he wants to see how each performs on the other side ... it is TC after all with a rookie defenceman in Romanov ... while they got to know him "in the bubble" I doubt Alexander was getting the type/number of reps necessary to evaluate him.

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Kid has a next level missile of a wrist shot - Allen on Kotkaniemi 

Throbbing intensifying 

Hope Quebec allows the cup parade

Thats nice to hear, cause passing has always been the best part of his game.  If his wrister is there too, and we already saw in the bubble that he spent last year working on skating, strength and physical play, he could become what we want him to be..... our version of a Kopitar.

The kid is already such a smart player.  There is little to no question on his hockey IQ. 

• Like 1

Seems like perhaps the best place to post this ... a very different style

19 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Thats nice to hear, cause passing has always been the best part of his game.  If his wrister is there too, and we already saw in the bubble that he spent last year working on skating, strength and physical play, he could become what we want him to be..... our version of a Kopitar.

The kid is already such a smart player.  There is little to no question on his hockey IQ. 

I always start with hockey IQ as the most important trait and that is why I’m so hyped on KK

I realize that he has a lot to improve and he is. He hit the gym, worked on skating, changed his attitude and worked on his shot. 

I’m hoping for his play to be on par with the playoffs and if he plays even better than that then woohoooo. 

Suzuki is going to be something special this year and I think Drouin is a perfect fit.  It was Anderson or Toffoli that said their first impression of Suzuki was HOLY CRAP LOOK HOW HUGE HIS LEGS ARE. 

Massive legs means power. He will be hard to move off the puck, power on the boards , speed etc

I’m jacked 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Kid has a next level missile of a wrist shot - Allen on Kotkaniemi

I'll add a bit of context here, from Arpon Basu on the Athletic:

Kotkaniemi also scored later in the game by going to the net and burying a loose puck, and just looked all around just like the player who excelled in the Toronto bubble. Then there’s this from Allen, who was asked if there was any shooter that has impressed him so far. The first name he mentioned came as somewhat of a surprise.

“Kotkaniemi, I can’t pronounce his name yet, but his shot is next level,” Allen said. “That kid’s got an absolute missile of a wrister.”

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Seems like perhaps the best place to post this ... a very different style

A pity the mask is unspeakably ugly, possibly the most hideous thing ever associated with the Montreal Canadiens, apart from Turner Stevenson

On 1/7/2021 at 6:11 PM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

A pity the mask is unspeakably ugly, possibly the most hideous thing ever associated with the Montreal Canadiens, apart from Turner Stevenson

As a steam punk nerd, I can't disagree more.  That thing is totally awesome!

• Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 6:11 PM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

No, that would be Mario Tremblay.