Habs recall Maxim Lapierre from Hamilton

les_glorieux

Originally posted by rydified
Originally posted by goHabs2005
Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

This is unexpected.

Kostitsyn, Chipchura and Hainsey are much more logical choices. (But I'm not sure if Chippy is allowed tobe called up from the ECHL.)

Chipchura plays in the WHL and he can't get called up. Even if he could, he's nowhere near as polished as Lapierre is right now.

Hainsey will not play another game with the Habs until next season. Not only has he stunk it up so far in the AHL, but he'd cause trouble with waivers.

As for Kostitsyn, he's one dimensional and Perezhogin is better than him (not to mention much more deserving) at this point in time.

Not very unexpected at all. The only guys I could possibly see ahead of Lapierre in the pecking order are Ferland and Murray. But even that is debateable.

Hainsey has "stuck it up" this year in the AHL? Thats why he is tied for the team lead in points? (as a defensemen)

Its also my understanding that a player is auto cleared of waivers if the call up is due to injury. Im not sure if this is position based (only a forward can get called up for a forward ect)

[Edited on 2005/11/15 by rydified]

Last time I checked, defencemen were supposed to, first and foremost, stop goals from happening not score them. What the hell is he? -10?

Yeah, thanks for playing.

Originally posted by Makh2o

What about Duncan Milroy? How's he doing? From what I can remember, he'd be a good fourth line checker type. I also remember him being thicker looking than Lapierre at training camp.

Milroy's thicker, but Lapierre is longer. Anyway, with the Habs new policy ("no more fans in the showers"), we'll never be able to confirm.

:D

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

This is unexpected.

Kostitsyn, Chipchura and Hainsey are much more logical choices. (But I'm not sure if Chippy is allowed tobe called up from the ECHL.)

Is Chipchura not playing for P.A in the WHL???

Maxim LaPierre was the heart and soul of an average PEI Rocket team the past few years here. Always giving everything he had on every shift. Always stood out as a solid player. Much more polished than Bonneau and Urquhart when they were here at the same time.

Originally posted by Mont Royale

What about Duncan Milroy? How's he doing? From what I can remember, he'd be a good fourth line checker type. I also remember him being thicker looking than Lapierre at training camp.

Milroy's thicker, but Lapierre is longer. Anyway, with the Habs new policy ("no more fans in the showers"), we'll never be able to confirm.

Funny guy.....I figured that might come from my comment.... but on a more mature note, I just ment in the sense of him getting pushed around in front of the net..... I guess my open ended comment deserves that though...

Funny guy.....I figured that might come from my comment.... but on a more mature note, I just ment in the sense of him getting pushed around in front of the net..... I guess my open ended comment deserves that though...

Yeah, sometimes I make a post purely for my own amusement. This was one of those times.

To answer your question seriously, in what little I've seen, I have been impressed with Milroy, and perhaps he received consideration as well. I can't comment on Lapierre, because I don't really remember seeing him (I've only watched a couple of games, though).

IF the game starts getting more physical and we get another wounded gun tonight I say we should try getting Vandermeer or Murphy up so as to bruise other teams too... we need our boys healthy for the Playoffs thats where it matterts the most

Apparently Ferland is injured. I was wondering why he didn't get the call after the camp he had if the habs wanted a gritty two way player. Guess that answers my question.

Yeah, sometimes I make a post purely for my own amusement. This was one of those times.

To answer your question seriously, in what little I've seen, I have been impressed with Milroy, and perhaps he received consideration as well. I can't comment on Lapierre, because I don't really remember seeing him (I've only watched a couple of games, though).

No worries..... I don't mind getting hit with a joke once in a while!

Just read about the AHL player of the week.. Denis Hamel.... still... even if its the cap that keeps him out of the Sens lineup.. wow when a team can have players like that fatning out in the AHl .. what can I say!!