FYI - January 3rd - Bergevin Press Conference - 1:00 pm

GHT120

Bergevin press conference at 1:00 pm
image.png
https://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/camp-ch/onglet/webdiffusion

Good chance TSN690 will cover it as well ... available on their website and iHeart Radio

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Nothing too exciting in the presser.  Don't expect any other signings from the Habs and expect a lot of daily transactions for salary cap flexibility.

A quick summary of the highlights: https://www.habsworld.net/2021/01/notes-from-marc-bergevins-press-conference/

Only other thing that "caught my ear" was when he was asked whether Toffoli and Edmundson would play on the right or left and he started to say something, caught himself and then said they had ideas but would would keep it a surprise for the 13th (as if nobody would see anything during practices).

8 hours ago, Trizzak said:

I'm a bit disappointed to hear there won't be anymore signings (and there probably won't be many trades this season.) I would have liked another centerman option on the taxi squad. 

I wouldn't have minded another centre as well but they do have Poehling, Dauphin, and Blandisi who all have some NHL experience plus Vejdemo who was up at the end of last year for a handful of games.  That's not the most talented of options but basically, the only other unsigned C of some sort of significance left is Brian Boyle.  At this stage, he's not all that much better than some of the internal players.

9 hours ago, Trizzak said:

I'm a bit disappointed to hear there won't be anymore signings (and there probably won't be many trades this season.) I would have liked another centerman option on the taxi squad. 

Yeah this is a concern that we have no backup if something happens. Poehling is really the only centre we have to chip in. 

But I’m gonna stick to my certainty that we are cup bound and ignore this glaring hole 

Yes ... and yet centre is in far better shape than a year ago. A solid Suzuki, Kotkaniemi on the upswing (we believe!), Evans has some NHL experience under his belt -- and hopefully Poehling now has his head screwed on right. If we lose one of the top three centres for the season, we'll be in trouble, to be sure, but we should be able to deal with lesser injuries without the team falling apart.