Marian on little bro Marcel Hossa

Habs77

This is apparently what Marian said about his little bro.. according to a poster on HF "417"

Marian said that Marcel is a better all-around player, he can score, pass, play physical, plays a good 2 way game, and that he would love to have him as a center with the Sens and that they would tear the league up together.

He also said that he does not understand why Marcel was moved to the wing, he says that he's had to change his game and he's not all that comfortable with it, which could explain his inconsitent play last year.

He thinks Habs underestimate Marcel's talent. He also said that Marian Gaborik and Marcel were lethal together, and if he were playing with a scorer he would pile up some points because Marcel's first insticnt is not to shoot but to pass, but when he does get the chance to shoot he usually buries it, but he just dosen't shoot enough.

Well I don't know if the quote is true but it wouldn't surprise me... I think it's quite obvious Marcel feels out of place on the wing, is better suited to play his natural center position.

It also just happens we desperately need a big center, I hope to god the Habs dump Perreault/Juneau and move Hossa to center quick before he's dealt himself.

[Edited on 16-8-03 by Habs77]

Juneau can play LW though... but I'm OK with dumping him :/)

However, what do you think the chances are of trading Hossa to Minnesota for Mikko Koivu and a pick?

I wouldn't mind that.

Hell, maybe they'd like Dackell as well (he fits into their style of play).

Dackell, Hossa for Koivu, 3rd Rounder?

If Marian said that maybe John Muckler heard...

And what if we could deal one of our defencemen (Dykhuis) and Hossa for another defenceman (Redden, Phillips, Chara, Rachunek) and a pick?

Then we could try to use that pick and another player (Dackell) in order to get Mikko Koivu.

BTW, I have played against Mikko Koivu in Jaha Ahaamat AAA tournament in Mariehamn, Finland.

He was good but the player I remember from that game most was their goalie. I think his name was Turrakaa.

I don't think Mikko is all that good. I think he might become a decent 3rd line center, but nothing more. I rather keep Hossa, then trade him for M. Koivu.

The only positive thing from it would be the positive intengibles about reuniting the Koivu brothers, but that didn't work so well for the Bure brothers... although they were hardly ever healthy at the same time.

And what if we could deal one of our defencemen (Dykhuis) and Hossa for another defenceman (Redden, Phillips, Chara, Rachunek) and a pick?  

Then we could try to use that pick and another player (Dackell) in order to get Mikko Koivu.  

Youve got to be kidding, Hossa and a defensemen will never get Chara, Phillips or Redden, Rachunek maybe but not the other 3, they are top line defensemen and your offering a benched defensemen on a bad defensive team and a 2nd tier prospect.

And it would take much more then dackell and just a pick to get Koivu, dont forget he got picked before Komisarek and the Wild love him. Itd take more then Hossa and a pick since Hossa has less raw talent. Koivu isnt a 3rd liner at all, he's a top 2 line center with 80points potential. Hes got great passing like his brother and he's bigger. With some work on his skating he might become better, but he doesnt have any goalscoring ability. Hes more determined then Hossa though.

If Marian said that about his brother it has to be something worth listen to.

Take a look at Sens centers. They have Bonk, but then? Van Allen, Fisher, Smolinki and White.

Van Allen will retire soon and Smolinski doesn't have that many years left...

Marian said something about Marcel would fit best as center... And that he would love to play with his brother.

That means that Ottawa should be intrested. But far as I know Ottawas economy isn't that great. Maybe they are intressted in dumping some salary?

Hossa and something more for one of Sens defencemen. Makes "sens" to me...

Maybe instead of trying to trade Marcel to Ottawa we should get them to trade us Marian...;)

I think that moving Hossa to center would be a good move. However, we need to make room for that to happen. With Koivu holding the fort on our top line and Perreault, Ribeiro, Juneau, Kilger, Bulis all able to play center I don't see Hossa getting any minutes there.

Ideally, if we dealt Perreault and Juneau we could let Hossa man the 3rd line center duties. Of course that would leave LW pretty weak unless Higgins has a stellar camp and actually makes the team as a LWer.

Zednik-Koivu-Audette

Bulis-Ribeiro-Ward

Sundstrom-Hossa-???

blah-Kilger-Dackell

Could be an okay set-up if the ??? is a decent player from a deal involving the removal of Perreault and/or Juneau. A solid 2 way player who has some scoring touch. Or maybe Zhog gets to make the team for that spot although that would be a pretty inexperienced line...

Obviously, we can't depend on too many rookies making the team all at once. Too bad AS wasn't more forward thinking...if he was, Hossa and Ribeiro would have more experience and we could slide rookies in around them easier. As it stands they aren't experienced enough to have too many rookies around them...

For the 03-04 season we're still kinda screwed with quite a few expensive yet not quite up to par veterans (Audette, Perreault, Juneau, Brisebois, Dykhuis)

Bulis-Koivu-Audette

Sundstrom-Ribeiro-Zednik

Hossa-Perreault-Ward

Kilger-Juneau-Dwyer/Ryder

This would be the "balanced lines" approach... another tough year ahead on offense.

But if the defense improves with the addition of Souray & Komisarek for a whole year instead of Dykhuis/Traverse, and Theo rebounds to somewhere between 01-02 & 02-03 levels... we could sneak into the playoffs.

In 04-05, then we'd see the start of the true turn-around:

Kastitsyn-Koivu- UFA/trade

Zednik-Hossa-Perezhogin

Bulis-Higgins-Ward

Dwyer-Kilger-Ryder

Ribeiro, Audette, Sundstrom, Perreault, Dackell, Juneau all gone... that's a lot of softness and lack of speed gone is one shot.

We wouldn't be so damn soft at center anymore, would have more overall size & skill... and be a lot younger.

Can't wait.

As I said in another thread, why can't we trade Ribeiro and Perreault (echoing Zowpeb)? Hossa is decent on defense, so maybe 3rd line duties with Juneau and Sundstrom? Juneau can play LW, maybe better than Centre.

I'd just like to put forth an idea about trading Ribeiro/Hossa to Pittsburgh for Ramzi Abid? Quebecois, and potential power forward if coached right. IF

He could work well with the remaining of the two (pref. Hossa) and Ward.

I'm not sure if you're noticing or not, but a lot of teams are getting quite stocked up the middle, with less-than-adequate wingers. We (hopefully) won't get like that, but maybe we can use it to our advantage.

Anyway, just jutting forth ideas. I'd like to see at least 3 of the following problems sorted out by the beginning of the season:

- Choice of ONE (1) 2nd line Centre (Perreault or Ribeiro)

- Brisebois either 100% revitalized, or traded

- Souray either 100% recuperated, or traded

- Theodore either 100% rejuvinated, or traded

- Audette either 100% recovered, or traded

- Dykhuis traded

- Dackell traded

- Juneau traded (unless we need him for 1 more year... but no longer)

- Traverse sent to Hamilton (NOT traded. Repeat, NOT)

- Aquisition of a solid 1st line winger; either side is OK

- Grand showing of Hainsey/Higgins/Ryder/Plekanec/etc. in camp

Yes, just 3 of those things would make me quite happy

:eyes: *sigh*