Three Cheers for the Habs

thehabbit

habs, habs, HOORAY!!!

habs, habs, HOORAY!!!

habs, habs, HOORAY!!!

Ok, we haven't won the cup or anything yet but we are one game shy of the quarter mark and are 1st in the Eastern Conference!!!! 13-3-3 is an incredible record and all habs fans should be proud of it. Who could have dreamt that at the quarter mark of the season the team would have just 3 losses in regulation?:o:clap::/), especially with all of the injuries. It feels good after 10+ years of suffering to say the least. Anyways I just wanted to start a thread for those who want rejoice in the habs successes so far this year and are maybe a little tired of arguing about their terrible shortcomings that find them:o, horrors!!, first in the East!!!

:hlogo::clap::clap::hlogo:

:ghg:

montreal wont finish first in th east but lets keep the pace and we could finish 4th easily. just imagine what we'll look like whenever souray plays his A-game...

we still owe a great thanx to houle for getting us ryder, ribs, markov

and to andre savard for higgins, komi, zednik, bulis, and perezhogin, plekanec...

future looks bright

At last someone else who just wants to revel in the team's incredible record and not just debate endlessly about who we need to trade to get better. :clap:

What this team needs is more time to gel. By the trade deadline BG will have a good idea of what we need for the playoffs. Until then patience will be necessary because i dont see any trades or other pick-ups in our future unless Bob is able to unload a player like Hainsey for a draft pick.

All hail Bob and Claude and Andre Savard and be grateful :bow::bow::bow::bow:

Originally posted by marky_and_komi

montreal wont finish first in th east but lets keep the pace and we could finish 4th easily. just imagine what we'll look like whenever souray plays his A-game...

we still owe a great thanx to houle for getting us ryder, ribs, markov

and to andre savard for higgins, komi, zednik, bulis, and perezhogin, plekanec...

future looks bright

We certainly could ad Gainey to the list for having been hightly responsible of the success or the team on his very first season as our GM,...the 7th eastern position and subsequent play-off performances couldn't have been acheived without the elements he hadded to the team and most likely the re-signing of Julien as coach.

Keeping in ming that Kovalev and Begin are here for the long haul and that the team seems already more competitive than its last season's edition and that the overall future seems to only want to get brighter,....I am raising my glass also,.. to all of it.

I do believe that Gainey's positive influence was first felt by the team when he had that televised pro-Brisebois rant.

The team needed that kind of back-up from the higher-ups.

Good for him :D , good for the players :D :D, good for us. :D :D :D

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by PMAC

At last someone else who just wants to revel in the team's incredible record and not just debate endlessly about who we need to trade to get better. :clap:

What this team needs is more time to gel. By the trade deadline BG will have a good idea of what we need for the playoffs. Until then patience will be necessary because i dont see any trades or other pick-ups in our future unless Bob is able to unload a player like Hainsey for a draft pick.

All hail Bob and Claude and Andre Savard and be grateful :bow::bow::bow::bow:

Agree with bowing down to Savard. Even though he made his share of mistakes (Czerkawski? OK, I'm getting nauseous) most of the young players we have now were drafted under his command. As a scout, he has few peers.

That being said, I'm glad that BG is negotiating contracts now. :)

Originally posted by shortcat1

I do believe that Gainey's positive influence was first felt by the team when he had that televised pro-Brisebois rant.

The team needed that kind of back-up from the higher-ups.

Good for him :D , good for the players :D :D, good for us. :D :D :D

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Well said. Gainey has brought focus, stability and support for the team and organization. Players can focus on hockey, and not worry about the soap opera-atmosphere that often prevails when there is so much media and fan attention.

Go, Bob :bow:, and Go Habs!

I guess we can think Bob for Bonk and Huet too. And don't forget Murray.

Savard and Gainey teamed up for Latendresse, Price, Mikus, Kostitsyn, etc. Savard is an amazing scout.:D

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

I guess we can think Bob for Bonk and Huet too. And don't forget Murray.

Savard and Gainey teamed up for Latendresse, Price, Mikus, Kostitsyn, etc. Savard is an amazing scout.:D

We've got plenty to thank Bob and Andre for... but I think I'll reserve judgement on these guys (other than Bonk) until we know they've panned out on the big team. It definitely looks like we have some thoroughbreds in the stable, though.

Edit: P.S. congrats on post #99, marky and komi! (as I see everyone has a Gretzky avatar now!)

[Edited on 2005/11/18 by Mont Royale]

i've always taught my cousins and nephews from a young age that the big CH means GOOD!!!

Originally posted by ~moeman

I agree 100%. Its up to Habs fans to celebrate the early success and the improvement of our team (God knows the CDN media won't give them the credit they deserve).

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I celebrate the fact the team continues to play in Montreal and did not have to move like Quebec, Winnipeg, Hartford.

I also celebrate the fact that Montreal will win another cup as Bob Gainey will make teh changes needed to be successful.

I am also glad the team started out so strong as every point is needed to secure a good playoff spot. Toronto is slowly creeping back close to our team and the early wins are helping right now. Montreal will have a good year, and I will enjoy watching them!