Jump to content

The 15th Annual HabsWorld Prediction Contest


Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Commandant said:

 

Wasn't necessarily saying you.  

 

Just saying that I have us at 100 point pace, and all but 1 other poster has us at a better pace than that.  

 

It shows the amount of confidence in this team.

Oh, I didn’t take your comment as being directed at me.  

 

I’m just giving some of reasons why I’m more optimistic this season.  The lack of a truly dominant team in the temporary Canadian and the shortened season where one bad streak could mean the playoffs helps have potentially 2 or 3 teams in the 100 point range. It certainly helps playing so many games against the Sens and other flawed teams. I think with the exception of the Sens and Winnipeg (and even with jers, if their goalie is dominant and D is better than they look, they may even surprise), any mix of teams can finish in the top two in the north.  I also think other than the Sens, any of of the teams (including the habs) can at least be a bubble team. 
 

this is the first year in a long time where we have more than two legitimate goal scorers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

30-17-5-4

2nd in division 

10th in league 

176 GF

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I’m just giving some of reasons why I’m more optimistic this season.  The lack of a truly dominant team in the temporary Canadian and the shortened season where one bad streak could mean the playoffs helps have potentially 2 or 3 teams in the 100 point range. It certainly helps playing so many games against the Sens and other flawed teams. I think with the exception of the Sens and Winnipeg (and even with jers, if their goalie is dominant and D is better than they look, they may even surprise), any mix of teams can finish in the top two in the north.  I also think other than the Sens, any of of the teams (including the habs) can at least be a bubble team.

And the Red Wings are not in our division! :gohabsgo:

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, tomh009 said:

There is some congestion with predictions in the low 70s so far ... and then the optimistic cluster in the high 80s!

 

64 Meller93
68 Commandant
70 Habsfan
71 xXx..CK..xXx
72 GHT120
72 alfredoh2009
73 sbhatt
74 habs#4,9,10,33
74 TurdBurglar
86 Dalhabs
86 TheDriveFor25
87 PMAC

92 Prime Minister Koivu

Updated:

64 Meller93

64 BChabnut

67 DON
68 Commandant

69 revvrob
70 Habsfan
71 xXx..CK..xXx
72 GHT120
72 alfredoh2009

72 hab29RETIRED
73 sbhatt
74 habs#4,9,10,33
74 TurdBurglar

75 tomh009
86 Dalhabs
86 TheDriveFor25
87 PMAC

92 Prime Minister Koivu

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

What! 
 

Too many sub 70 point predictions.

And not enough over 90! 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

What! 
 

Too many sub 70 point predictions. 

67pts = 98pt pace if 82gms.

Thats not horrible.

And i really think Flames, Jets, Leafs will be tough games and Oilers/Canucks? could be as well, so dont think anyone will coast into playoff spots.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There will be no coasting in the Canadian Division. But, still, someone will take first place. Will it be the Habs? Stay tuned ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

...someone will take first place. Will it be the Habs? 

Safe bet is No.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh,sure. The safe bet is available for anyone that wants to take it.

 

Dom's model gives the Habs a 19% probability to win the division. That's higher than any recent season, and he admits that his model may have undervalued some of our players.

 

I choose not to take the safe bet. :gohabsgo:

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Oh,sure. The safe bet is available for anyone that wants to take it.

 

Dom's model gives the Habs a 19% probability to win the division. That's higher than any recent season, and he admits that his model may have undervalued some of our players.

 

I choose not to take the safe bet. :gohabsgo:

I love many or most folks optimism this year, breath of fresh air.:thumbs_up:

Link to post
Share on other sites

29-19-5-3  for 66 points.

2nd in the Canadian divison

10th overall

 

161 goals for

129 goals against

 

Habs lose in the Stanley Cup semi-final

Link to post
Share on other sites

36-16-1-3 = 76 points

1st in the North division

3rd in the league

173 goals for 

147 goals against

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

27-22-3-4 (61 points)

4th in the divison

15th overall

 

168 goals for

160 goals against

 

Habs lose in the second round

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, illWill said:

36-16-1-3 = 76 points

1st in the North division

3rd in the league

173 goals for 

147 goals against

 

 

 

An astute choice — you have the range 76-81 covered with that pick!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tomh009 said:

An astute choice — you have the range 76-81 covered with that pick!

 

Not only am I optimistic about this year, I am also a numbers guy 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, illWill said:

 

Not only am I optimistic about this year, I am also a numbers guy 😉

I thought I had that range covered but I made my picks too early! :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I thought I had that range covered but I made my picks too early! :D

The Habs have to do extremely well to cover that range though. If the Habs get that many points this season, the person who predicted that deserves the hardware.
 

Some years I have gone with my gut, or a feeling I have for my predictions, and others I have tried to find a safe range with a few points available if I’m not exactly right. 
 

Never have I won 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Puck has dropped in game one.

 

Good luck everyone this season and GHG!


:habslogo:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...