Game Thread | Canadiens vs. Devils | 11/18/05

JMMR

Well crap period by HABS. ABSOLUTELY not Jose's fault that Montreal is playing like -censored- !!!!!!!!!!

Now if Montreal could score some goals it would be nice as this game is still winable. Time for the awesome forchecking which we are used to start in the second period. Theo is not to blame for this game and if you think that way then well, that is just an opinion I will have to respect. Of the 5 shots montreal got, were any shot from closer than the blueline?????

This is the crappiest first period I have seen them play as a team this year.

Grrrrr............

GO HABS GO!

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

Well crap period by HABS. ABSOLUTELY not Jose's fault that Montreal is playing like -censored- !!!!!!!!!!

Now if Montreal could score some goals it would be nice as this game is still winable. Time for the awesome forchecking which we are used to start in the second period. Theo is not to blame for this game and if you think that way then well, that is just an opinion I will have to respect. Of the 5 shots montreal got, were any shot from closer than the blueline?????

This is the crappiest first period I have seen them play as a team this year.

Grrrrr............

GO HABS GO!

I don't know, the first period of the second Rangers game was pretty bad too.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Theo has got to step up. When you're playing the best you've got ot play like the best. If we go into the 3rd 2-1 I'll be confident.

I really don't see where he can step up anymore. There are holes on a goaltender; You can't take those away. You can minimize them, but sometimes a perfect shot is just impossible to stop. Gomez picked the spot and didn't think twice. As for the tipped shot, there's just nothing you can do. That shot was going over the net I think, and Gionta redirected it a bit down. You can't play tips as a goaltender because they're so low percentage. Play the shot, let your defence worry about the man in front. If it gets tipped, hope if goes off you, otherwise get the energy line at center for the faceoff. I'm confident Theo is on his game, and until I see a bad goal, he's still the best player for the Habs this game by far. Look outside the crease for someone to blame.

[Edited on 2005/11/19 by Toren]

Originally posted by Toren

Theo has got to step up. When you're playing the best you've got ot play like the best. If we go into the 3rd 2-1 I'll be confident.

I really don't see where he can really step up anymore. There are holes on a goaltender. You can't take those away. You can minimize them, but sometimes a perfect shot is just impossible to stop. Gomez picked the spot and didn't think twice. As for the tipped shot, there's just nothing you can do. That shot was going over the net I think, and Gionta redirected it a bit down. You can't play tips as a goaltender because they're so low percentage. Play the shot, let your defence worry about the man in front. I'm confident Theo is on his game, and until I see a bad goal, he's still the best player for the Habs this game by far. Look outside the crease for someone to blame.

:clap::clap::clap::clap: Absolutely!!!!

Like the brain dead guys who keep taking penalties. Montreal cannot win playing shorthanded for a period.

The game is far from over. Habs will score two in the second...

I really don't see where he can really step up anymore. There are holes on a goaltender. You can't take those away. You can minimize them, but sometimes a perfect shot is just impossible to stop. Gomez picked the spot and didn't think twice. As for the tipped shot, there's just nothing you can do. That shot was going over the net I think, and Gionta redirected it a bit down. You can't play tips as a goaltender because they're so low percentage. Play the shot, let your defence worry about the man in front. I'm confident Theo is on his game, and until I see a bad goal, he's still the best player for the Habs this game by far. Look outside the crease for someone to blame.

Like the brain dead guys who keep taking penalties. Montreal cannot win playing shorthanded for a period.

Theo cannot be blamed for either goal. Also he made a few very nice stops and we are lucky it is only 2-0. We were horrible except for the final 2 minutes when we had a powerplay.

Having said that Theo looked very uncomfortable out there. His rebound control was non-existent and the Devils had a number of rebound chances.

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan
Originally posted by tommy9 We are waiting with a big one till 9th. of December and the lucky draw in Leipzig! :)

I dont understand, whats the 9th of december? (lucky draw in Leipzig?)

Connection :mad:, internet =coolest thing there is (when it works :D)

In Leipzig will Kaiser Franz with the other "promis" allot the WM groups ... ;)

Who would you wish in "Oranje" group? Croatia,CostaRica and Togo :D:D

Originally posted by Peter Puck

Theo cannot be blamed for either goal. Also he made a few very nice stops and we are lucky it is only 2-0. We were horrible except for the final 2 minutes when we had a powerplay.

Having said that Theo looked very uncomfortable out there. His rebound control was non-existent and the Devils had a number of rebound chances.

I agree Peter, I was fine with everything about him, minus the rebound control.

i hope we dont get Australia. For the rest i don't care that much. Most of the time you get one big contender in the group. And the other 2 are easier. But Australia could be a weak opponent that could come out very good. Don't wanna pair them. For the rest i'm very confident in this dutch team. Van Basten has to much Luck!