Game Thread | Capitals vs. Canadiens | 11/19/05 | 7:00 p.m.

les_glorieux

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TSN says as we all expected that Danis is expected to get the start tonight against the CAPS. Let's see some more solid play from Danis and you might expect a deal sending Huet somewhere else by January.

Danis' positioning has been amazing and he makes almost every save look easy and most importantly he doesn't give up soft goals, Let's hope he can keep it up

Can anyone confirm what it says in the RDS.ca preview at the end that Bonk should return tonight? That would be a big boost given all the injury problems.

If that is the case, may we possibly see lots of players get a shot on the second line to see if they click? Higgins has played well don't get me wrong, but the fact is the second line isn't producing. IMO if Bonk comes back, Begin, Bulis, Zhogs could all have a shot on the seocnd line to see if anything clicks.

Either way having Bonk back would be great and maybe he can get himself going in Kovy's absence

and once again i will predict a big win for the habs as it has to happen sometime:eyes:

6-2 Habs

:hlogo::/):/):hlogo:

:ghg:

man i hope bonk is back

its time to bring in Capital punishment!!!!!!

Originally posted by gohabsgo252006

Can anyone confirm what it says in the RDS.ca preview at the end that Bonk should return tonight? That would be a big boost given all the injury problems.

If that is the case, may we possibly see lots of players get a shot on the second line to see if they click? Higgins has played well don't get me wrong, but the fact is the second line isn't producing. IMO if Bonk comes back, Begin, Bulis, Zhogs could all have a shot on the seocnd line to see if anything clicks.

Either way having Bonk back would be great and maybe he can get himself going in Kovy's absence

Yep, if we have to believe RDS Bonk will finally be back. Go Habs Go.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Without Friesen and Zubrus they're not even a 1 line team!:P

Heheh, they're a ONE-MAN team! If Bonk truly will be playing, then our 3rd line should have no problem shutting down Ovechkin, they've consistently been shutting down high-powered first lines all year. I'd like to see Zeddy, Bulis and Perezhogin burn their former team, or in Perezhogin's case, the team that would have drafted him. All in all, I predict our first blowout, 9-1 anyone? :king:

:ghg:

Bonk, Bégin, Bulis and Sundstrom are a better quatro (if it's a word) of checkers than any other team can boast in the league.

K thanks. I just found this strange comment from a Leafs fan on the TSN boards.

"Not a HABS fan but must say the Theo is a very solid goalie. I never have figured out why NHL fans are so hard on their own goalies. Let me be objective and say that I'd trade Theo 1 for 1 with 90% of the starters in the league and feel pretty good about it. Montreal has had some of the best goalies in NHL history. Theo is not one of them but he is REALLY REALLY good and deserves support. Theo, this Leafs fan thinks that you are great and hopes you show everone they are wrong (except when you play the Leafs). The HABS are for real. I fully expect them to go a few rounds deep this spring. CANADIAN teams are back! I love it. "

Let's keep this in mind tonight.

Woah... the Rangers beat the Hurricanes 4 - 3. Boy, things certainly have changed since before the lockout. Not so much this score but the fact that this is a notable score.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by shortcat1

Woah... the Rangers beat the Hurricanes 4 - 3. Boy, things certainly have changed since before the lockout. Not so much this score but the fact that this is a notable score.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Are you talking about the score pr the outcome? The score really isn't surprising. Not THAT many goals. Washington lost 8-5 last night to Buffalo.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

K thanks. I just found this strange comment from a Leafs fan on the TSN boards.

"Not a HABS fan but must say the Theo is a very solid goalie. I never have figured out why NHL fans are so hard on their own goalies. Let me be objective and say that I'd trade Theo 1 for 1 with 90% of the starters in the league and feel pretty good about it. Montreal has had some of the best goalies in NHL history. Theo is not one of them but he is REALLY REALLY good and deserves support. Theo, this Leafs fan thinks that you are great and hopes you show everone they are wrong (except when you play the Leafs). The HABS are for real. I fully expect them to go a few rounds deep this spring. CANADIAN teams are back! I love it. "

Let's keep this in mind tonight.

If it was a true leaf fan, then thats respectful. but it couldve been a habs fan pretending to be a leaf fan to get his point across to the other leaf fans without them knowing it is a biased statement by a habs fan.

but a real fan or not, i wont really keep that in mind because for ever 1 leaf fan that isnt ######ed, there are 10 that are. trust i live in toronto.

by the way, i agree with what that poster said about theo anyways.....

I might miss part of the first period playing a little hockey of my own, but I'll be back to dish out some tough love on all the habs hating posts ;)

Originally posted by marky_and_komi

I'll be there tonite as well

hope to see ovechkin score a couple in a caps loss

i also want to see lapierre play tonight

Max Lapierre is on his way back to Hamilton.

Lapierre cédé à Hamilton

http://www.canadiens.com/fre/news/redirect...newsItemID=4544

something wrong with this link, here's another one:

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/192321.html

[Edited on 19-11-05 by mathieug]

saku! saku! saku!

go habs go!

Saku has a shot at the Hart this season! That'll shut up his critics! He's already had such a great career. There's a good chance he cracks 90 points this year.

Back home for a few days.

13-4-3 29pts

1st in East

All is good

Habs win 5-2

1st star Dags with 2 goals

I feel he is due

No, wait, overdue!

Can we return him and only pay a late fee?

Go Habs Go