Game Thread | Capitals vs. Canadiens | 11/19/05 | 7:00 p.m.

les_glorieux

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Trizzak

was the loss deserved?

Well it was 5-1 but we outshot them somethiing like 45-25 so it's anyone's guess. Two of the goals Streit just handed it to an open player in front of the net. Souray was on for 2-3 goals and was in the box for one. Danis scored on himself. Dandenault scored on himself.

Yeah, Ryder, Bulis, Koibu and Plekanec were playing great all night though.

where was komi toonight. We missed his physical presence. anyone know what happened to him. Oh and i heard that Zednik and Boullion left the game late because of injury. Wats up with that. IM lost!

(if this was already posted somwheere im sorry because i dont read every single forum topic or post)

[Edited on 2005/11/20 by Koivu11]

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Yay and knowing Atlanta, they'll give the Habs a run for there money on Tuesday. Always works out that way.

Listen guys... defeats like this can be good in the long run...

It could be that our guys were getting overconfident - taking the opposition too lightly. Now that they see that they're just as 'human' and 'fallible' as the rest of us... it might very well help to put their feet 'back on the ground' and make them do what they HAVE to do on a consistent (60-minute) basis.

It could also help them realize that, yes, in fact they do have weaknesses as a team and that it would be better to play AS A TEAM, that is support and back each other up during the play, etc...

As for me, this defeat is nothing serious... it's game 21 of an 82-game season. Lots of time to learn, lots of time to adjust, lots of time to get better where they actually need to get better.

Also, as my son says (and sometimes I find this saying irritating because it seems to be too glossy) "It's all good".

Oh man...at a party tonight....still wasted lol and im very pissed off!

the habs got their asses handed to them tonight by the looks of the score, and the worst part about it - i was at a party with all leaf fans watching the leaf game too and all i got was grief from those stupid idiots!!!!!!

I HATE THE LEAFS AND MONTREAL PLEASE START WINNING AGAIN! PLEAAAAAAAAASE!!

p.s - we better beat hte thrashers next game or i will KILL SOMEBODY!!

[Edited on 04/07/1989 by habsfan88]

Sh**T now we have something to complain about. These kinds of games are unavoidable over a long season. The key is that we win the next game and avoid a 3 game losing streak.

Originally posted by shortcat1

It could be that our guys were getting overconfident - taking the opposition too lightly. Now that they see that they're just as 'human' and 'fallible' as the rest of us... it might very well help to put their feet 'back on the ground' and make them do what they HAVE to do on a consistent (60-minute) basis.

It could also help them realize that, yes, in fact they do have weaknesses as a team and that it would be better to play AS A TEAM, that is support and back each other up during the play, etc...

As for me, this defeat is nothing serious... it's game 21 of an 82-game season. Lots of time to learn, lots of time to adjust, lots of time to get better where they actually need to get better.

Also, as my son says (and sometimes I find this saying irritating because it seems to be too glossy) "It's all good".

Totally agree!

Just came home and saw the highlights, ouch, what a loss.

But heck, such games will happen to the best teams in the league. Just get over it and don't bash every player who made a mistake tonight. They'll surely fight back, it's the best wake-up call for the team (though it's not funny for the fans). Forget this game, les glorieux will trash the Thrashers on Tuesday ... *fg*

Originally posted by HABS Fan Nr.1

Originally posted by shortcat1

Totally agree!

Just came home and saw the highlights, ouch, what a loss.

But heck, such games will happen to the best teams in the league. Just get over it and don't bash every player who made a mistake tonight. They'll surely fight back, it's the best wake-up call for the team (though it's not funny for the fans). Forget this game, les glorieux will trash the Thrashers on Tuesday ... *fg*

I'm with you guys. A loss like this was bound to happen eventually. I've been alarmed at some of our first period performances lately... it's almost like the boys have been saving their energy for the 2nd and 3rd period to make a big comeback. Well, hopefully this game gets across the message that playing a shite 1st period usually leads to bad things...

I'm sure that Claude will crack the whip now. I expect a better performance against Atlanta.

Does anybody know if Streit ever played soccer? In soccer the defenders often pass the ball back to the goalie, maybe.., no forget about that, that was just a brutal play. Boy oh boy

Originally posted by Koivu11

where was komi toonight. We missed his physical presence. anyone know what happened to him. Oh and i heard that Zednik and Boullion left the game late because of injury. Wats up with that. IM lost!

(if this was already posted somwheere im sorry because i dont read every single forum topic or post)

[Edited on 2005/11/20 by Koivu11]

Komi was a healthy scratch.

Zednik, I saw him take a puck to his side in midle of the game and he limped to the bench. He continued playing though.

Bouillon has a minor left leg injury.

[Edited on 2005/11/20 by Bulis_the_Habbie]

Reading this thread is a breath of fresh air, I was just on another Habs board and the lynch mob is out, I think they even want to trade Youpii. Nice to see the voice of reason on here. Everyone seems in agreement that these types of games happen and all you can do is learn from them and move on:ghg:

[Edited on 2005/11/20 by olematelot]

Originally posted by olematelot

Reading this thread is a breath of fresh air, I was just on another Habs board and the lynch mob is out, I think they even want to trade Youpii. Nice to see the voice of reason on here. Everyone seems in agreement that these types of games happen and all you can do is learn from them and move on:ghg:

[Edited on 2005/11/20 by olematelot]

hehehehe there's a lynch mob here for Theo's head. At least everyone realizes that he is injured and has problems with rebounds. I think the Streit and Souray lynching will take place next game if they don't shape up.

The Habs just stunk last night. Having said this, they did show signs of life near the end of the second period and the start of the third period. This was a team loss and I have high hopes that the Thrasher game will be a team win. All that needs to be done is better defence to limit the other teams chances. Too many times in the last two weeks guys have been able to skate into the Montreal goalies.

I hate pointing one guy out but Streit has to learn not to shoot the puck up the centre of the ice from behind the net. This really surprised me as he has played hockey for a while now and that is in-excuseable.

Also I will point out Souray as if he is not going to put a full game effort in then they should bench him. This is happening too many times in the last few games where Sheldon just does not think about what he has to do.

The Habs have quite a bit of talent on the forward lines and should be able to figure out how to score again. I do not see this as a continuing problem. I do believe Ribero has to get his game in gear and start either scoring or setting up Ryder. We need a second line scoring.

One good thing Montreal has going is Bulis; now if he could only learn to score. This guy is always trying which I hope can be contagious for the rest of the team.

I definitely was not pleased with the team's effort last night. I could have watched the second and third periods, but I just couldn't. Hopefully this will serve as a wakeup call for the team, as they have to realize that if they want to keep winning, they better shape up! The worst part is that we got blown out by one of the worst teams in the league. However, they DID beat the laffs as well, so they've got nothing on us. I'm looking forward to our next game, it should be a significant improvement over last night's efforts. As for who should be lynched, it should be anyone who says, "Oh we have an easy six points."

I don't really think we played that horribly with the aside of 2-3 players (you know hwo they are). Besides the first 10 minutes, that performance was good enough to win a lot of hockey games. We outshot them 44-20 and don't forget that the 20-1 shot margin in the 3rd period. The difference was that they scored on that 1 shot and we went 1/20.

Had a few of our shots been half an inch to the inside we would have won. Again, there were a few bad goals, a few defensive lapses and the opponents capitalized (hehe) on their opportunities when we didn't.

A decent game, though.

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

hehehehe there's a lynch mob here for Theo's head. At least everyone realizes that he is injured and has problems with rebounds. I think the Streit and Souray lynching will take place next game if they don't shape up.

We're a Lynch mob?

I didn't know that everyone here are Stephen Lynch fans!

stephen_lynch_color_hi_TN.jpg