Game 1 COVID edition: Canadiens @ Maple Leafs

TurdBurglar

Romanov is looking real sharp.  Anderson is looking good driving the net and streaking down the wing. 

I'm not sure I agree with Petry on the 1st PP with Weber as it seems as if the PP units are being given pretty equal time.  I would rather Petry occupying Weber's spot on the 2nd PP, I believe it would be more lethal.

These are 2 of the top 3 teams projected in the division, and Montreal looks real good.

1 minute ago, TurdBurglar said:

Romanov is looking real sharp.  Anderson is looking good and driving the net streaking down the wing. 

I'm not sure I agree with Petry on the 1st PP with Weber as it seems as if the PP units are being given pretty equal time.  I would rather Petry occupying Weber's spot on the 2nd PP, I believe it would be more lethal.

These are 2 of the top 3 teams projected in the division, and Montreal looks real good.

Think part of it is that for Petry's options to be optimized a right-hand shot on the other point works bets ... flip of Markov with Souray/Streit/Bergeron

14 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Max who?

(kidding)

But seriously ... Josh's first game in over a year ... excellent

For some reason I want to call him Max Power. 

Homer Simpson Max Power.jpg

7 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

That's going to wind up being one of the prettier goals of the year for the Habs, I suspect.  It's always nice to see a set play work.

It was a nice goal and perfect timing to end the period but I certainly hope you're wrong on that prediction. 😉

Just now, Sir_Boagalott said:

It was a nice goal and perfect timing to end the period but I certainly hope you're wrong on that prediction. 😉

They can still score plenty of others...

Stat of the period - Romanov led the Habs in ice time at 8:04.

5 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Sportsnet appears to have finally figured out how to do a first period intermission. Good chemistry, good insights, good stuff.

I agreed with everything Burke said for sure.  The Leafs wont make the playoffs if Austin gets injured blocking shots on the PK.  That seems silly to take such a dangerous risk with an elite sniper. 

2 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Think part of it is that for Petry's options to be optimized a right-hand shot on the other point works bets ... flip of Markov with Souray/Streit/Bergeron

Been awhile since I saw any of them play, but weren't Souray/Streit/Bergeron all righties and Markov a lefty? 

3 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I agreed with everything Burke said for sure.  The Leafs wont make the playoffs if Austin gets injured blocking shots on the PK.  That seems silly to take such a dangerous risk with an elite sniper. 

Hopefully Matthews gets the memo and proceeds to kill penalties without blocking shots.

Yup Romanov’s good.

3 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Not sure if it's just me but not a fan of the red goaltending equipment.

I agree that the solid red looks really weird. 

Dammn, Romanov looks like a magician at the blue line.

Right arm Tatar!!  Habs get another PP goal. 

9 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Been awhile since I saw any of them play, but weren't Souray/Streit/Bergeron all righties and Markov a lefty? 

image.png      image.png image.png

4 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I agree that the solid red looks really weird ...

Hopefully it freaks out the shooters

That outlet pass for the Tatar breakaway was Markov-esque.

1 minute ago, Habsfan89 said:

That's the kind of PP QB we've been missing here since PK left town 

Always thought of PK as more of the Bomber than the QB

1 minute ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

That outlet pass for the Tatar breakaway was Markov-esque.

i have to agree that Romanov is a better RD than I expected

we are going to have a very good year of hockey!

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Edmunson in the 1st on that play that he stepped up.  The Leaf player got knocked silly but he didn't even hit him.  The Leaf just skated into him and it was like he hit a brick wall.